Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Custom Puzzle Question on the Halpern Pryamid
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 3:19 am 

Has anyone tried to make this puzzle? If you have any pictures, designs, or work in process pictures that you would care to share, I would appreciate it.

Post subject: info
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 3:04 pm 

see
[url=message1235.htm]http://www.network54.com/Hide/Forum/message?forumid=43402&messageid=1031833905[/url]

Post subject: corners/centres of pyramid
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 4:00 pm 

Ton, Which do you reckon is better: To make the corners of the pyramid from the fixed corners of the skewb, or from the free corners?

And did you use black plastic for the internal surfaces as well as the external surfaces? How do you get a good join between pieces of black plastic that meet at an edge?

Post subject: corners vs fixed axle as centres of pyramid
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 4:00 pm 

The reason that I make the pyramid corners from the free corners is that is easier to build the corners.

A reason to choice the pyramid corners from the fixed corners is when you would make it from a normal skewb. In this case a corner will be to heavy, so for stability you should use the fixed corners. There is no stability issue if you use a keychain skewb.

>And did you use black plastic for the internal surfaces as well as the external surfaces?

I used teh black plastic cube for the external surface, I use milliput to fill !if needed! and make the pieces solid.

>How do you get a good join between pieces of black plastic that meet at an edge?

Just clue amd use milliput or Humbrol Model Filler or use the solerding iron method see

[url=message1296.htm]http://www.network54.com/Hide/Forum/message?forumid=43402&messageid=1030991548[/url]

Post subject: Re: info
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 4:19 pm 
well said and well read....idea of making a HM Pyramid, wonder how many other ways are there to make one particular puzzle..... :)

Post subject: That's pretty good
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 4:15 pm 

I'll have to look at making my own Halpern Meier when I finish my Mental Block. But only AFTER I finish my mental block. :)