Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: well, it's time.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:05 pm 

I need to start some blindfolded stuff. I'd like to start with the 2x2x2. I'm starting to come up with my own method for remembering the parts. first I plan the first 8-10 moves in my head (the first 2 steps of guimond method). so then I have 2 opposite sides orientated correctly. this is where numbers come in. each peice in a layer is assigned a number. for exapmle a solved layer the numbers would be 1 2 3 4 going clockwise around the cube. if a layer is 1 3 2 4 then you do a swap move for 3 and 2. So, if the layers are 2 1 3 4 and 2b 1b 3b 4b (bottom) then I'd do R2' U R2 U2 y' R2' U R2.

Individual Times: 14.17, 12.93, (12.89), 13.12, 14.00, 15.59, 16.23, 14.11, 14.03, (17.61), 14.75, 14.89

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:15 am 

Blindfolded solving is so insanely intense, I could never even think about trying. I get nervous just talking about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:27 pm 

hoakyman wrote:
Blindfolded solving is so insanely intense, I could never even think about trying. I get nervous just talking about it.

I used to think that way...until I tried. If you just take the time to try, and your 3x3x3 speedsolving skills are adequate, I can almost guarantee that you'll be able to do it. For example, a friend and I decided to start learning how to blindfold solve a couple of weeks ago(this way, we could keep each other accountable). Although we were learning different methods, we were both able to succeed in learning to cube blindfolded.

I think the same applies to any aspect of cubing, or any other hobby in this case. If you just take the time to try, you'll probably get it. I think most people are disappointed by the fact that they are not fast at it. Hey, that's why you practice. It just takes time to get fast. Look at me, I've been cubing for a little over a year and have only averaged under 20 a few times. Does that stop me from doing something I love. NO.

Just try it.

Monday Contest

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:06 pm 

Lol i have to say I agree with Hoakyman here... It seems crazy that you can just "learn" to cube blindfolded.... and if you said you learned it in a few weeks, how long a day did you spend on it because I don't really have a lot of down time....

<b>3x3x3 Best Average: 0:30.9
3x3x3 Best Solve (Unlucky): 0:21.xx
3x3x3 Best Solve (Lucky): 0.20.xx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:35 pm 

FireWezul wrote:
Lol i have to say I agree with Hoakyman here... It seems crazy that you can just "learn" to cube blindfolded.... and if you said you learned it in a few weeks, how long a day did you spend on it because I don't really have a lot of down time....

I actually learned Pochmann's method in about 30 minutes. However, it took me about a week or two to get a success.

Monday Contest

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:45 pm 

The only information I knew before attempting BLD was that it involved cycles. I thought it was quite obvious what to do, the only problem is doing exactly what you want it to do.