Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Square-1 Parity
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:37 am 

Skip to bold for point of post:

I just got my Square-1's from cubefans the other day and restickered them. I have to say they are pretty nice... even though it took 32 days to ship, hah, oh well, I didn't mind the wait.

I figured out how to solve it on my own (except for PLL, thanks for posting about that video Stefan, I wouldn't have found it for a few weeks if you didnt)

Skip to here
I have encountered the parity problem... I got tired of trying to do cycles of edges and corners to make it so I could get a T-permutation or 3-edge cycle or something like that (because it wasnt working), went on Lars's site, and the algorithm he has isnt quite working for me. Maybe it is, maybe I just dont think it is, but is the square-1 supposed to be entirely messed up when the algorithm is complete?

Anyone have different algs they use for it? The one on Lars's site is:

(UR UF)
/ (-3,0) / (0,3) / (0,-3) / (0,3) / (2,0) / (0,2) / (-2,0) / (4,0) / (0,-2) / (0,2) / (-1,4) / (0,-3) / (0,3)

Phi Mu Delta
Nu Theta Chapter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:45 am 

That's the one I use I think.

Hold on, I think there's 1 little error.

/ (-3,0) / (0,3) / (0,-3) / (0,3) / (2,0) / (0,2) / (-2,0) / (4,-1) / (0,-2) / (0,2) / (-1,4) / (0,-3) / (0,3)

Don't take my word for it at the moment, because I don't have my square-1 with me at school.

25, Male
Started cubing Oct 15 '05

Out of the game, but not completely.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:49 am 

O.K. If that is an error thanks, but I think i just realized a really big error on my part...

When I restickered the cube... I think my white and green are swapped as to how I placed the side colors.

White top, green bottom, yellow left, orange front, blue right, red back, and on the orange face, the short middle layer piece is on the right, not the left.

I think this makes it so using the algs Lars has on his page, I have to multiply all of them by -1 so clockwise becomes counterclockwise and vice versa.

Also, when I get to the (2,0)/(0,2)/etc I cant make the move. I can only do an odd number turn there to be able to turn the right face.

Edit

O.K. I just tested the alg listed on his page, multiplying everything by -1, and it does work, the (4, 0) is correct, I'm just horrible at restickering a cube, hah.

Phi Mu Delta
Nu Theta Chapter