Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Me solving the cube 2
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:30 pm 

After getting advice from all of you to go slower, i solved about 2000 Cubes. Here's the effect:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWx-A6viRv4

Thanks to all of you, especially [b]Adam Zamora[b] Who showed me a 16 seconds video in which ghe went so slow :) you know what i mean :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:54 pm 

Well, I don't know you, and I haven't said anything, but from watching that solve...F2L looks quite smooth, but once you get to the last layer, you don't need to be going as slow...Those are just algs that you are executing, so rip those off as fast as you can, as long as you have fast recognition...

Craig

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:38 pm 

chbouchard777 wrote:
Well, I don't know you, and I haven't said anything, but from watching that solve...F2L looks quite smooth, but once you get to the last layer, you don't need to be going as slow...Those are just algs that you are executing, so rip those off as fast as you can, as long as you have fast recognition...

Craig

ditto. well said craig

Sadzior: keep working at it and you'll definatly get better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:10 am 

yes to go slow helps, good time.Unfortuately the only way to sub-15 with petrus is to be "cheetah handed" as i call it, lol.sucks for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:05 am 

Kyle_A wrote:
Unfortuately the only way to sub-15 with petrus is to be "cheetah handed" as i call it, lol.

Nah... I remember you said that you can do step 4 in 2-4 seconds. So you just have to get steps 1-3 done in 8-10 seconds for a 10 sec F2L. 2 moves per sec should be enough for that (easy). And 10 sec F2L is definately enough for sub-15. Did you get my email btw? Because you are not answering...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:02 am 

That looks great, and a way to improve your F2L speed is to try and do as little cube rotations as you possibly can. All they do is waste time when you could be doing other things....like solving :wink: I don't remember what method you use, but if its fridrich, myself and Bob Burton have a list of every F2L pair in every slot...

Quinn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:44 am 

you sent me an email?I musta accidentaly deleted it lol...too much junk mail i'll have to read it more carefully. resend ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:06 pm 

Kyle_A wrote:
you sent me an email?I musta accidentaly deleted it lol...too much junk mail i'll have to read it more carefully. resend ^_^

Hehe it wasn't anything really important. I was just congratulating you for getting sub-18 and wondering who is the guy you are talking about in your comment... "If guilles was not this fast with petrus method..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:32 pm 

Guilles roux?I emailed him a few months ago to tell him i had finally gotten sub -20 after lars directed me to him to figure out who exactly "WAS" the fastest with this method. Well it turned out to be guilles and i'm not too sure but i believe he was down to 18-19 (with petrus method) but i could be wrong.Thanks though, because yes it was tough to break 18 seconds with an extremely loose DIY cube that pops if you even look at it wrong lol.Are you petrus method also johannes, because i think you did metnion you were and that you were sub 18 as well?(stupid keyboard keeps deleting things i have to edit this so much)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:47 pm 

Ok, I thought it might be Roux but I didn't know he was that fast with petrus.

Yes, I use petrus, too. But I haven't taken averages in a while because I'm concentrating on OH and fewest moves now. I think my average would be around 17 seconds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:11 pm 

very cool. once i tighten my screws i will break 17 hopefully :P