Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Solving a 4x4 Fisher Cube
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:21 pm 

Hey everyone,

So I received my 4x4 Fisher Cube today and it's awesome, unfortunately this is my first shapeshifting/non-cube type puzzle and the different size pieces are really spacing me out. :lol: Which I didn't expect.

Do you know of any good resources for 4x4 fisher algorithms and/or parity fixes?

So far, out of the box, I've scrambled it and got the Fisher corners (4x4 centres) and the top and bottom centres back in the solve position... Now I have no idea where to go. Normally I'd pair up edge pieces ready to solve like a 3x3 but I'm too confused :roll:

Thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: Solving a 4x4 Fisher Cube
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:16 am 

Just posting a bit of an update really.

After playing around with it for a day, I've got my head around the shapes. :lol:

So anyone new to this puzzle, it's just like solving a 4x4 and is really easy once you understand (and remember) where the shape pieces go.

One tip is to solve the 4 fisher corners (4x4 centres) first and leave the top/bottom layers (white and yellow) last. Then you don't need any additional algorithms.

Also, what I've found is easier to do on the first layer, is to match/line up the 3 fisher centres (4x4 corners) and do the normal 4x4 algorithm to bring them from the top layer and down into position. (on the 4x4 beginners method, you position the first layer corners first, then the 2nd layers edges; I found it easier to position them at the same time).

:D