Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Rubik's UFO turning problem
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:14 pm 

Hi TwistyPuzzles...I wasn't exactly sure which forum to post this in, so I figured this one would be the most relevant.

I got my Rubik's UFO earlier today, and I can barely turn the disks at all (1)! The twists of three pieces at a time are quite easily, though, so I don't really have a problem with them.

katsmom said it must be locking up, and now I'm trying to figure out how to fix it. I noticed that one piece seems a little out of alignment, even when everything else is (2). When I try to do a horizontal move, the cube is very stiff, and if I manage to make any progress, the aforementioned piece gets more crooked (3), and I thought that might have something to do with it.

What's going on, and what can I do to fix it?

Attachments:
File comment: (1) My Rubik's UFO is extremely stiff when I try to turn the disks
1.jpg
1.jpg [ 22.02 KiB | Viewed 705 times ]
File comment: (2) The piece on the bottom-left side of this photo is slightly out of alignment, even when nothing else is
2.jpg
2.jpg [ 29.71 KiB | Viewed 705 times ]
File comment: (3) As the stiff disk move progresses, the crooked piece gets more crooked
3.jpg
3.jpg [ 32.21 KiB | Viewed 705 times ]

YouTube channel