Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Please help me solve the 3x3x3 rubik's cube super fast
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:13 am 

EDIT: I was unaware that this site had rules about certain kinds of things ( I couldnt for the life of me find the rules. I searched for them for like 2 week, lol ) and since the other thread is locked in order to get new posts I had to make a new thread.

Can you guys and girls help me solve the 3x3x3 rubiks cube in record time. I would appreciate your own hints, tips, stories, website links , youtube videos, ect. ect.

I would also like to know where I can purchase e-books, DVDs, CDs, and just anything you can think of that will help me solve the cube in record time. Feel free to PM me if you would rather do that.

Thanks everyone :)

Post subject: Re: Please help me solve the 3x3x3 rubik's cube super fast
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:05 am 

It's not hard to find stuff on the net. Search Fridrich into Google and YouTube and you can get plenty of videos. It's not easy, as I took a whole year just to drop seven seconds.

Buy the Curvy Copter Skewb, NovaMinx, and more here!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:10 am 

Well, I'm not a speed-cuber, but I can tell you that you need to get a, er, speedy cube in order to speed-cube. If you're using a storebought cube, chances are you'll probably need to switch to something else like a Guhong, F2, or Haiyan.

Everyone has their own preferences for how cubes feel, so if you can afford it, get a few different brands and test them out. That way you'll also have a spare if you need it. :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:13 pm 

Jared wrote:
Well, I'm not a speed-cuber, but I can tell you that you need to get a, er, speedy cube in order to speed-cube. If you're using a storebought cube, chances are you'll probably need to switch to something else like a Guhong, F2, or Haiyan.

Everyone has their own preferences for how cubes feel, so if you can afford it, get a few different brands and test them out. That way you'll also have a spare if you need it. :)

Speaking of speedy cube's... I was wondering if those type of professional 3x3x3 speedy cube's are allowed at rubik's cube competitions?

I also wanted to know if your allowed to lube you cubes...heh :P (I love double entendres.) before competions as well?

SEBUVER wrote:
It's not hard to find stuff on the net. Search Fridrich into Google and YouTube and you can get plenty of videos. It's not easy, as I took a whole year just to drop seven seconds.

Solid, thanks :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:04 pm 

You can do anything to a cube, or use any cube you want, so long as it doesn't give an advantage, such as being able to see what the back pieces are without having to turn the cube.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:23 pm 

You might want to head over to the speedsolving.com forums. While this forum is an incredible resource, its primary focus is on puzzle designers/builders/collectors, and is mostly concerned with puzzles a good deal more exotic than a 3x3. Not that people here can't help you, but there's an entire forum dedicated explicitly to solving the 3x3x3 rubik's cube super fast already, and there's more information that you could ever need easily accessible there.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:04 pm 

Iranon wrote:
You might want to head over to the speedsolving.com forums. While this forum is an incredible resource, its primary focus is on puzzle designers/builders/collectors, and is mostly concerned with puzzles a good deal more exotic than a 3x3.
That's not completely true: there's an entire section dedicated to solving puzzles here. Though the 3x3x3 is not the most discussed one, there are definitely people here that appreciate puzzle solving in general. So I agree that for speedsolving the 3x3x3 only, this is not the best place to be.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:46 pm 

Katten wrote:
Iranon wrote:
You might want to head over to the speedsolving.com forums. While this forum is an incredible resource, its primary focus is on puzzle designers/builders/collectors, and is mostly concerned with puzzles a good deal more exotic than a 3x3.
That's not completely true: there's an entire section dedicated to solving puzzles here. Though the 3x3x3 is not the most discussed one, there are definitely people here that appreciate puzzle solving in general. So I agree that for speedsolving the 3x3x3 only, this is not the best place to be.

Dont worry guys :wink: This is my last post on the 3x3x3 cube because all I really want to do is impress my friends by solving the rubiks cube in at around 30 seconds...all Im asking for is a little guidance is all . After this post I will go into the V-cubes and other difficult combination puzzles, and then of course I will delve into the designing/building/collector aspect. So don't worry about me posting anymore on the 3x3x3 cube.

cheerio :)

SEBUVER wrote:
You can do anything to a cube, or use any cube you want, so long as it doesn't give an advantage, such as being able to see what the back pieces are without having to turn the cube.

awesome, thanks :wink:

Last edited by ThePuzzler on Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:48 pm 

Ask questions, don't worry, it's what makes the forum go around.

Sure, there are a lot of builders and collectors on the forum, but there are also serious speedcubers, like me. I try to get into the main three aspects of cubing as much as I can, because all of them are fun! :D

If you are attempting to learn Fridrich, continue to post here and I'll try to help. If people seriously don't want you posting, then you can always PM me.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:56 pm 

SEBUVER wrote:
I try to get into the main three aspects of cubing as much as I can, because all of them are fun! :D

Just to be clear...when you say "the main three aspects of cubing" do you mean designing, building, and collecting?

SEBUVER wrote:
If you are attempting to learn Fridrich, continue to post here and I'll try to help. If people seriously don't want you posting, then you can always PM me.

That would be great, thanks SEBUVER :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:01 pm 

ThePuzzler wrote:
Just to be clear...when you say "the main three aspects of cubing" do you mean designing, building, and collecting?

No. Designing and building fall into the same category in my opinion. I meant speedcubing, building, and collecting. (Collecting's the best because you can't be bad at it.) :D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:09 pm 

SEBUVER wrote:

No. Designing and building fall into the same category in my opinion. I meant speedcubing, building, and collecting

oohhh...ok.

SEBUVER wrote:
Collecting's the best because you can't be bad at it.) :D

heh

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:09 pm 

SEBUVER wrote:
...No. Designing and building fall into the same category in my opinion. I meant speedcubing, building, and collecting. (Collecting's the best because you can't be bad at it.) :D
I would add "solving" in general and count four! :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:43 pm 

konsassen wrote:
SEBUVER wrote:
...No. Designing and building fall into the same category in my opinion. I meant speedcubing, building, and collecting. (Collecting's the best because you can't be bad at it.) :D
I would add "solving" in general and count four! :)

All the better! That means I try to do all four of them!