Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Please help me solve the 3x3x3 rubik's cube in record time
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:21 pm 

Edit: I think the name change of this thread title might help get me more responses because alot of people are really, really against purchasing books and subscriptions to videos and all I can say about tat is dont knock it until you try it first :wink:

Hello everybody :)

Queston 1) Can you guys/girls help me solve the 3x3x3 rubiks cube as fast as possible with your hints, stories, website links, youtube videos, e-books, DVDs, CDs, just anything you can think of will be super helpful to me?

Question 2) Where can I find books and video files on various twisty puzzles?

As you may or may not know this is my second post on this forum and I think I am going to be a member here forever. I am really, really geting into puzzles now...and not just the 3-dimensional one's but also the puzzles in books and those puzzle magazines you find at the super market.

I can now solve the 3x3x3 rubiks cube just fine now. Thanks to your help I found out that my rubik's cube was unsolvable and I needed to take it apart in order for it to work properly. Thanks :D

Anyway now I can only get down to a 2-minute solve time using the instuctions that came with the rubik's cube. Its the beginner method, or the layer-by-layer method is what they call it...at least I think so?

The instuctions that came with the 3x3x3 rubiks cube are terrible in my opinion...I mean I wish they would have given me the speedsolving method instead because now I have to learn a whole new set of algorithm's in order to solve the rubiks cube in under 40 seconds or so ( a 40 second solve is my goal at the moment ). I think its impossible to speed solve the rubik's cube using the instructions that come with the rubiks cube because I have been using that method a real lot and all I can get it down to is around 2 minutes or so.

Im sure pretty much all of you have viewed youtube videos or purchased books or DVDs on how to speed solve the cube. If possible do any of you have any links to websites that sell the rubiks cube DVDs ? I have access to every single private tracker on the net and even founded the private tracker deleted to fit forum rules(which I can prove if you don't believe me , most people don't believe me for some reason) so rest assured if you give me a link to a website I can assure you I probably already have access to that website and your link will work fine with me. This all would be very, very helpful. I can run the searches myself but with all the public and private websites I belong to it could take a very, very long time to find a speed solving DVD for the 3x3x3 rubiks cube...it would be much simplier with your assistance. Have you tried looking in the forum shop?

Besides just I would also love to have links to websites and youtube videos that will help me solve the 3x3x3 rubiks cube in record speed solving time.

I bought the book 'Speed solving the cube by Dan Harris' but I would find a DVD or a youtube video or any kind of video to go along with the chapter on how to speed solve the 3x3x3 rubiks cube much more helpful. I find speed solving the cube by Dan Harris a bit difficult to follow so if anyone knows of any other books on speedsolving that you found better please let me know where I can legally purchase ane-book version. This would all be so very, very helpful.

2) Since Im so much into combination puzzles/twisty puzzles of all kinds, not just the 3x3x3 rubiks cube, if you guys know of links for other puzzles that would be fantastic as well!!! I really, really appreciate it and if anyone would like access to my website feel free to ask and I can give you an invite...all I need is just a little help in return with finding great DVDs, e-books, ect. on combination puzzles of all kinds. Right now Im focusing on speed solving the rubiks cube but Im buying combination puzzles/twisty puzzles left and right at the moment so I can really use links to inexpensive websites for purchases on all the different kinds of puzzles.

Cheerio,
Thanks so much everyone

Last edited by ThePuzzler on Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Where can I find torrent files on various twisty puzzles
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:50 pm 

I used this videos by MeMyselfAndPi -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMKZMbIXpx0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2f1JlLXy ... re=channel

My best time is about 23 seconeds, but I cant remember where did I find more algorithms.

Edit: Found it =P lol

here are the algorithms I use for OLL - http://cubewhiz.com/oll.html

and here for PLL - http://cubewhiz.com/pll.html

you dont need much more to solve in less then 40 second, just train a lot and try to remember as many algorithms as you can.

The puzzles on the picture are not for sale.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:41 pm 

Sharon Avidor wrote:

My best time is about 23 seconeds, but I cant remember where did I find more algorithms.

Wow! Thats amazing! I bet alot of people on here have amazing times like that. I only got down to 2 minutes using the instructions that come with your standard 3x3x3 rubik's cube package, but I bet I could do alot better using the CFOP method that's recommended in Dan Harris's book. He recommends other methods as well but the only method he teaches in his book is the CFOP method found here:

http://www.cubestation.co.uk/cs2/index. ... /cfop/cfop

What do you guys and girls think is the fastest system of solving the 3x3x3? Would you recommend the Fridrich System to me?

Sharon Avidor wrote:
you dont need much more to solve in less then 40 second, just train a lot and try to remember as many algorithms as you can.

Thats actually nice to hear. For the moment I just want to post a cool video of me speed solving the 3x3x3 rubiks cube at or around 40 seconds just to impress my friends on facebook, myspace and or youtube. I think they will really enjoy it. If I can get down to 40 seconds that will be when I post the video. If I find Im good at it then I might even decide to enter local competitions after more practice.

thanks for links Sharon Avidor :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:06 pm 

With a bit of practise you can get your average down to under 30 seconds with the method you're using.

With Fridrich, you can get under 10. :D

I average around 13 seconds now, and it's taken me a whole year to drop by 7-8 seconds. Memorizing algorithms isn't that important, as I know people who know all the algorithms for the Fridrich method and they're around 18 seconds, and I don't even know full PLL!

Buy the Curvy Copter Skewb, NovaMinx, and more here!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:02 pm 

ThePuzzler wrote:
Im sure pretty much all of you have downloaded using P2P and bittorent and found DVDs on how to speed solve the cube.

:lol:

Maybe all of us who are under 20.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:32 am 

>:( I'm also sure I can list private trackers you aren't on.

3x3x3 PB: 00:48.10
"Study gravitation, it's a field with a lot of potential."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:52 pm 

SEBUVER wrote:
With a bit of practise you can get your average down to under 30 seconds with the method you're using.

With Fridrich, you can get under 10. :D

I average around 13 seconds now, and it's taken me a whole year to drop by 7-8 seconds. Memorizing algorithms isn't that important, as I know people who know all the algorithms for the Fridrich method and they're around 18 seconds, and I don't even know full PLL!

Just the kind of answer I was looking for. Thanks SEBUVER :)

P.S. Congrats on your 13 second solves. Have you considered entering competitions?

Jared wrote:
ThePuzzler wrote:
Im sure pretty much all of you have downloaded using P2P and bittorent and found DVDs on how to speed solve the cube.

:lol:

Maybe all of us who are under 20.

Not necessarily.

theVDude wrote:
>:( I'm also sure I can list private trackers you aren't on.

Sorry I didn't mean to offend you at all. What I really meant to say was that I belong to alot of them NOT all of them. Nobody can belong to every tracker of course, there are just too many of them. Mostly I belong to the best of the best of private trackers, being the founder of edited to fit forum rules and being the past creative adminstrator their (I resigned because graduate school is pretty tough, especially with my learning disorders, and I simply do not have the time to play administrator anymore. It was really fun though and I hope to return after my schooling.)... well, that might have something to do with it.

P.S. Does anyone at all know where to purchase the DVD (or perhaps its on youtube hidden away somewhere if you can help me find it) that comes with this rubiks cube? The DVD is called "Rubik's You Can Do It: DVD " ;

you could always look here

This DVD has world famous speedcuber Tyson Mao who taught Will Smith. In any case I would like it so if you find it please let me know. So quid pro quo, maybe I can help you out with something if you can find this for me.

Cheerio! :wink:

Post subject: Re: Please help me solve the 3x3x3 rubik's cube in record ti
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:23 am 

OK, even my non-technical brain knows that bit-torents are usually illegal.

The DVD you are asking for falls into that category.

We DO NOT allow for this in any way and as such I am locking this thread and editing your posts.

Please read the rules again.

Or better yet, just go buy the DVD!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]