Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Theft?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:03 pm 

Since the other thread seems to have degenerated somewhat, I think it would be best to start a new topic about it. So, Pantazis, whatever happened to the items that were stolen from you? Did you manage to get any more of it back? L8r.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:16 am 

Hi Tim!

Thanks for the concern, I appreciate it! :)

The last two weeks have been extremely crazily busy for me and this weekend I would finally get some breath LOL.

The theft happened at a time I was gathering my stuff to go to the overseas conference, that's why I had a lot more items than I normally put in my bag.

The conference is over now (four days in Bali, Indonesia), and some of the items were recovered! :)

1) My phone was found by two unbelievable guys from Syria near the main port of Perth. The phone opens like a small laptop and my details were on the first screen, making it easy to find me. The SIM card was missing though, together with many of my contacts...
2) All my pairs of glasses, an important document, plus my keys, were found dropped on the road by some local guy who lived near the airport. Thanks to that document, he managed to find my phone and call me.

I don't expect to find my camera any more, or my five puzzles (including the magic maze and magic dino prototypes). But on bright side, there may be thieves around, but there are also some good people! :)
And despite the huge amount of time I spent to return my life to nornal, I can safely say that I am happy to have recovered a little bit more than half of the stolen items. :D

As a last update, this time regarding only puzzles, I have received the baby hamtaros, while soon you will be thrilled with a new style of magics, which are absolutely gorgeous and different from what you have all seen so far. I already did the templates, constructed some test tiles, and gave them some names, but I need new clean tiles LOL.
I decided that the types of those magics will be called the "magic myths"...!
The planned magic octopus and the master magic maze will be delayed a bit, because the magics myths *must* be shown to the world soon!!!

Please be patient, I normally avoid big words, but once you see them and realise how they move, you will know exactly what I mean!!! :)

Peter

Educational R&D, Gravity, 4D Symmetry, Puzzle Ninja, Matrix Mech, Alien Technology.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:02 am 

Thanks R.E.T. for the kind words! :)

I will be honest. I never expected I would recover any of my items, yet I recovered most of them!
The theft was 100% done by high school student/s. He/They were watching us while we played football (soccer), and stole the bag virtually under my nose...!

Many people know my hobby and my puzzle club, but no one besides two very good friends (a Lecturer and another PhD student whom I met for lunch) knew that I was carrying my prototypes.
They can be constructed again as the templates are there, I just need to get some new tiles! ;)
(but the sentimental value of the very first original piece is what counts here...)

A very interesting point is that the items I found were placed in suburbs far away from each other. Those thieves definitely like to travel LOL

Peter

Educational R&D, Gravity, 4D Symmetry, Puzzle Ninja, Matrix Mech, Alien Technology.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:43 pm 

Thank God you got the important stuff back.

On the edge of my seat because I can't wait until I see your new magics.

:D :) 8-) :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:41 pm 

Thanks Darren!

I promise you won't be disappointed! When doing research at Uni, and to achieve a new theory, you must think out of the normal...!
When I did those magics, I also did something similar LOL

And if I don't receive the new tiles next week, I am seriously thinking to present the testing tiles as an apetizer! :P

Peter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:17 am 

update on my laptop.

Base police (i work on a Navy Base) caught a person doing criminal things. he admitted that he stole a laptop from one of our company vechicles. all of our other laptops are accounted for so this one should be mine. the only thing is the police keep all of the equipment till the case is finished. in other cases we didnt get our things back for 2-3 years. kind of sucks. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:21 pm 

Thank god you got your computer back as well