Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: What is happening lately?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:03 pm 

I am not pointing the finger at anyone, infact most of us are to blame, but has anyone noticed that these forums seem to be declining? I mean in the past few months, I think I have seen atleast 5 arguements spring up, each of which could have ended really badly had people not stopped it so early on. I think we all need to think more about what we are posting and try to keep TwistPuzzles the friendly place it was when I signed up.

@.=split(//,"J huhesartc kPaeenrro,lt");do{print$.[$_];$_=($_+3)%25;}while($_!=0);

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:48 pm 

As long as the arguments are contained in the "Off Topic" section, it doesn't bother me. It's very easy for me to just ignore the argument and move onto the reason why I'm here. I saw an argument brewing and I just stopped reading the thread. It saves lots of unnecessary argravation

-d

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:16 pm 

It's a natural product of the ever expanding group of people. The larger your pool, the more you will have people of wildly varying opinions. The trick is to know when to pull out before things get too ugly. I've been guilty myself of getting a little bit too involved on an occasion or two.

But yes, I really do care a lot for this board and I do wish people would just agree to disagree on certain things and not try to turn the forum into a pulpit to proselytize their world view. I can respect that people may have their particularly vehement opinions, but someTimes they need to temper this with a little moderation for those who don't share their impassioned ideas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:19 am 

i can just see the argument boiling... :? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:12 am 

think of how boring this place would be if every single person got along and thought alike. *yawn*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:52 am 

JIMBOB wrote:
No offense Pembo, but your not so addicted to arguing that you needed to make a whole thread about it are you? Try to answer in an adult manner, because I don't mean to offend you. There's no need to advise me of how old my membership is, because we can all see the date. This kind of stuff would not go on without eager participation. I believe that Sandy or Sausage should start a reprimand / suspension system or something. Maybe they have something like this and I'm not aware of it, seeing as I'm new and all. If it does exist, they need to use it. I have one last question, how long do I need to be a member before I can say anything? I see you haven't been a member very long Pembo.

I am not trying to start an arugement, and also I have never stated that I liked arguing. I am just trying to point out something that I personally thought was happening, if you don't agree with that, fair enough, I respect you opinion, but I agree with myself more (naturally.)

I want to apologise to you JIMBOB, I haven't meant to offend you or try to insult you, it seems we have gotten off to the wrong foot, and for that I am sorry.
I know that this may seem like I am trying to take the easy way out, but I honestly am not. I would apologise directly to you in person, but that isn't possible, so I am trying to prove to you that I really mean it, and am not saying it because it is easy just to type those five letters than actually saying them and meaning.

How about it? No hard feelings?

@.=split(//,"J huhesartc kPaeenrro,lt");do{print$.[$_];$_=($_+3)%25;}while($_!=0);

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:09 pm 

Some people just thrive on getting a rise out of others or being abrasive just to stir the pot, like making snide comments about other members. Until the board institutes some policy about these sorts of people, eventually they will only increase in numbers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:43 pm 

Quote:
Flames, Derogatory Insults and Sarcasm.
Flames and other forms of derogatory insults are strictly against the rules. The use of sarcasm is a dangerous grey area that can often have you inadvertently crossing the line because of the emotionally detached quality of written text. As much as I hate the little buggers, use smilies to make sure your mood is understood. If you disagree with another member's point of view, do so in a mature and civil manner. If you find yourself being insulted by another guest or member, please do not dignify that person with a response. Simply notify me so I can take the appropriate actions. If you feel you must respond to that person directly, don't degrade the forum further, do it privately. Better yet, be the better person and let it go. Odds are, it was a misunderstanding in the first place.

This is from the rules. Maybe it should be modified. Regardless, lets try to keep on topic and quit the arguments. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:08 am 

After all these years on the board I just assumed that it was enough to respect others out of common courtesy. I guess I didn't even bother checking the rules. Thanks for pointing that out though "Mr. Twisty." ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:56 am 

JIMBOB wrote:
T The girl comment was a mistake, I didn't realize you were a guy with that long beautiful hair lol. Definetly no hard feelings here.

None at all, I get it alot, I don't take offence from it, actually I find it very humourous.