Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:33 pm 

"Cleric, I can only hope one day to be as uncompromising as you." - Equilibrium

That movie rocked but some might be taking that line a little to literaly. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:58 am 

skeneegee wrote:
This isn't the place to argue your backward view of the world, nor to bash the current ELECTED government of the USA.

That's debateable. For example, according to the Ohio state home page, Kerry was leading the popular vote with a 99% approval rating up until election night. A few months before the election, the president of Diebold Electronics (the maker of the electronic voting machines used on Ohio and other places throughout the US) went on record saying that he'd do everything in his power to make sure Bush won the state. What happened? Bush won the state. Voter fraud? Nah... couldn't be.

skeneegee wrote:
I don't know why you brought it up in the first place. You should use your powers for good and rustle me up a good popcorn ball recipe instead.

OK, I'll see what I can do. L8r.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:29 am 

skeneegee wrote:
You should use your powers for good and rustle me up a good popcorn ball recipe instead.

Well, I don't know if any of these are good, but I managed to rustle up a few...

http://www.ivu.org/recipes/northam/popcorn-j.html
http://fooddownunder.com/cgi-bin/recipe.cgi?r=199685
http://kidchiropractic.com/index.php?do ... %20Recipes (3rd recipe down)
http://shmooedfood.blogspot.com/2005/11 ... balls.html
http://bakingsheet.blogspot.com/2005/12 ... balls.html
http://www.angelfire.com/journal/wwrecipes/352.htm
http://www.43things.com/entries/view/631195
http://www.recipezaar.com/52664
http://fooddownunder.com/cgi-bin/recipe.cgi?r=1800
http://www.diamondorganics.com/ShowView/newsletter_221

10 recipes taken from the first 3 pages in Google. I modified the search with +vegan -"corn syrup" to try and get the healthiest alternatives out there, but as you can see when you go through the list, not all of the recipes here are vegan. They're anywhere from exceedingly simple to incredibly detailed. I think one of them has 10+ ingredients in it. Hopefully, you'll find something in here you like. L8r.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:06 am 

StefanPochmann wrote:
aphid_greene wrote:
Are you comparing me to a rapist?

If you're a smoker, then I don't compare you to a rapist, I say you are one.

Wow, I'm glad I don't have any feelings, otherwise I'd take offense at that!
Having no sense of conscious or guilt (burned away by ~250 cigarettes, I guess (I didn't say I smoked a lot)), I don't feel at all bad saying that I hope Stefan gets raped (sexually). There's nothing quite like experiencing something to change your perspective about it. I used to think Depression was 'only an excuse'. Three years without any self-harm or suicide attempts! Go me! :D

StefanPochmann wrote:
You obviously have no clue how it makes me feel when smokers harass, bully and abuse me day in day out, so shut the .... up.

These days, smokers get far more harassment than their more sensible bretheren. I think some people here have got the impression that I'm in defense of smoking. Not the case. I'm actually a vehement anti-smoker. I'm just not stupid enough to put it on a par with an event that will cause all sorts of long-term mental traumas, give you nightmares, make you afraid of entering a relationship, possibly cause agoraphobia, question your own existance, ruin your life, etc., etc.

Andie.

P.S. Smoking in public indoor places is now illegal in Scotland (since March this year) and will be in England too as of... er, soon :oops:
P.P.S. Smokers end up getting their just desserts, anyway. Console yourself with that thought.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to attend to my balls. They seem to be popping rather noisily...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:33 am 

Just a clarification cause I don't think this is clear. The physical effects of smoking are only the basis of the problem. The real pain are the mental effects.

Smokers steal my freedom, I can't go to many places I'd like to go and I can't have a social life. And they're on the streets and just about everywhere else. Instead of enjoying the beautiful things in life I constantly have to watch out for these bastards. This society suppresses me and even supports and protects the offenders.

And then people like RET, aphid and JIM deny and even mock my suffering. That tops it off. Good for them if they don't have this problem - I wish nobody had it - but that doesn't give them the right to knock me down further. You get that pissed off by a few words and then can't understand what I'm going through due to the permanent bullying I experience?

Also, you seem to think I say smoking one cigarette is as bad as sexually raping someone. I don't. But it's not just one cigarette. Not even just one person. Not even just one place. If it were, it wouldn't be a problem, nonsmokers could indeed simply avoid that. Fair enough. But it's not. So one person smoking a cigarette, while not being that bad by itself, is part of the big distributed crime smoking is.

Last edited by away on Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:57 pm 

JIMBOB wrote:
I would assume from his explaination what the Germans did to the Polish and Jews isn't worse then smoking in a public place.

Did I say that? I don't think so. I don't remember any intensity comparison and I don't intend to attempt one.

Quote:
I think he needs to get back on his meds, he must have ran out.

I agree. Though the "meds" would be clean air, and must I remind you who takes it from me?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:59 pm 

JIMBOB wrote:
I would assume from his explaination what the Germans did to the Polish and Jews isn't worse then smoking in a public place.

Look, all of you stop!!! This is going to far, this isn't the place to be discussing politics like that. Continue this arguement through PMs if you want but, please don't clutter this friendly forum like this. Someone is going to get really offended soon, it's one thing an arguement starting, but dragging up the past and blaming the modern German nation for what happened during WWII is beyond acceptable. Just to clear something up, it wasn't the Germans doing that in WWII, it was a group of crooked politicians called the Nazis, so if you all don't mind, I think we all owe each other an apology. What was a civil discussion about smoking has turned into a shower of racist abuse. Is this really what TwistyPuzzles about? No! I think everyone needs to sit back, solve a cube or two and just cool down.

@.=split(//,"J huhesartc kPaeenrro,lt");do{print$.[$_];$_=($_+3)%25;}while($_!=0);

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:44 pm 

JIMBOB wrote:
Stefan Pochman seems like a world class jerk

You must be new here... :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:30 am 

Pembo wrote:
What was a civil discussion about smoking has turned into a shower of racist abuse.

Er, I hate to be the picky one, but this actually started as a civil discussion about theft. Sorry.

Jimbob: Stefan is not a jerk, he is just passionate, and I admire that a great deal. Doesn't mean I neccessarily agree with what he says, but I will fight to the death to defend his right to say it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:06 am 

wow...

if I knew about the future replies, I might have not posted this in the first place.

But since everybody talks about smokers, here is my two drachma (greek coin! ;) )

I have a form of asthma, called brochic asthma. In other words, if I get simple cold, it might develop super fast to pneumonia (and then I would die a terrible coughing death).
I will be honest. I would prefer to be raped than cough my heart out!!! (I have been through this twice, having injections on my poor bum - ouch - thrice a day, and I was knocked down for months).

Jokes aside (although I do not regard rape or asthma to be jokes) I think that rape and asthma are two different things.
The one can kill your psychological state, while the other can kill you literally (you see, breathing is essential to exist!)

Smokers now, can create a really big problem and make me feel fuzzy and nausea, and if the exposure to smoke continues, things can get much worse!

All in all, I hope smokers can quit this terrible habit, not only for our (asthmatics and non-smokers) sake, but for their own health too.

Now please, I want all of us to have a group hug! (hey... you must first extinguish your cigarettes and freshen your breath first!!!)

;)

PS Sandy, the IP is not weird... this message was sent from an internet cafe in Indonesia... I am attending a conference there...! :)

Educational R&D, Gravity, 4D Symmetry, Puzzle Ninja, Matrix Mech, Alien Technology.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:14 am 

aphid_greene wrote:
Er, I hate to be the picky one, but this actually started as a civil discussion about theft. Sorry.

No problem Aphid, I meant that the main conversation between two certain people, that escalated, was originally about smoking.

JIMBOB wrote:
Just to be clear on my point of view. I don’t say this with any hate for Stefan, because I don’t even know the guy. If you look back at his post history he never posts anything that is constructive or helpful to this forum. This is a sad observation, because I’m sure he would have plenty of great information to bring to us.

No offence to you, but you can't really comment on this matter. I remember when you first joined, and all you did was slag off people who made an effort to make a custom puzzle. I just read another one of your posts and you seem to be insulting Stefan....
JIMBOB wrote:
hear stefan pochman is a nice guy, do you smoke cigaretts?

@.=split(//,"J huhesartc kPaeenrro,lt");do{print$.[$_];$_=($_+3)%25;}while($_!=0);

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:38 am 

aphid_greene wrote:
Doesn't mean I neccessarily agree with what he says, but I will fight to the death to defend his right to say it.

You just made my "cool list" :lol: not that you care but it's nice to see people from other countries with this attitude.

OK about smoking, I do smoke. It's terrible, expensive, and stinky. Strangely I enjoy it still. It's very hard to quit without turning into a jerk for a month. At home, I smoke outside, and in public I smoke away from others. California makes it clear where it is and isn't ok to smoke. I don't think I deserve to be shot for it.

Maybe tobacco should have been outlawed before I was even born so that there wouldn't be any chance of me ever trying it in the first place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:03 pm 

skeneegee wrote:
Maybe tobacco should have been outlawed before I was even born so that there wouldn't be any chance of me ever trying it in the first place.

What can you do though? I can't wait for the smoking ban in public places in England in '08. (How many time did I say 'in' there? 8-) )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:46 pm 

Quote:
California makes it clear where it is and isn't ok to smoke.

its wierd, when i go out of town away from California i forget that you can smoke in restraunts and other places. I LOVE CALIFORNIA because all indoors have been banned from smoking. i cant remember the last time i have heard, "smoking or Non" at a restraunt. i think they passed the law in 1996.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:06 am 

skeneegee wrote:
You just made my "cool list" :lol: not that you care but it's nice to see people from other countries with this attitude.

Thanks, man! I'm always happy to be on anyones' cool list :)
And yay for group hugs! :D 8-) ;) :)

Jimbob: I agree that Stefan's "thoughts of murder" are quite frightening, but I'd like to make it clear that I don't support what he said, merely his right to say it, just as it is my right to say that I wish he would get raped (confession time: I actually did feel guilty about saying that. I wouldn't wish that upon anyone. Ever).

P.S. Skeneegee, as soon as I have completed my time machine, I will go back to 1612 and give John Rolfe a sound beating ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:53 am 

Yeah, there's nothing like a good barney at 6am...

P.S. I don't mean to add fuel to the fire, I just get a little over-excited sometimes*. Sorry for any offense caused. :oops:
Drinks on me!

*One of the pit-falls of being immature. Soz!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:45 am 

skeneegee wrote:
in public I smoke away from others

Or maybe that's just your interpretation of noncubers staying away from you when you smoke? In yet other words, you keeping nonsmokers away from you by smoking.

skeneegee wrote:
California makes it clear where it is and isn't ok to smoke.

How? Do you mean with the law? As far as I know law doesn't forbid peeing on public toilet seats. Doesn't make it right, though. Just because the law doesn't yet reflect what's right and (more importantly) what's wrong, doesn't mean it's ok to exploit this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:48 am 

JIMBOB wrote:
I don't take offense Pembo, but I have just as much a right to say anything as you do. Besides, I wouldn't say anything mean to a girl, or I might have said many things back to you by now. I have sat back and ignored everything you've said to me, but you can't take my right to say anything.

You are calling me a girl now? :shock:
And I am sorry if it seemed I was trying to take away your right to post here, that wasn't my intention. I was merely pointing out that you stated that Stefan hasn't posted anything constructive, but from everything I have seen you post, you haven't either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:14 pm 

Pembo wrote:
You are calling me a girl now? :shock:

Well, you've gotta admit, judging by your avatar, it's not all that hard to come to that conclusion. I thought so at first, too. When I saw that pic, I was thinking "wow, she's cute! young, but cute". Then came the hair thread. Oh wow! Pembo's posted here! What the... HUH?!? Pembo's... A GUY??? :shock: :shock: :shock: Aw man! :lol: Even after seeing that other picture, when you posted that "Please, stop!" comment in the other message, I still heard it in a girl's voice. L8r.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:30 pm 

Ahaha yer, it's an honest mistake. 8-)
Are these pictures any clearer Tim?

Edit: I forgot they post in the wrong order. :?

Attachments:
File comment: Wait, it's male! XD
cubing.png
cubing.png [ 708.9 KiB | Viewed 4973 times ]
File comment: Again, doesn't help. :D
Picture 15.jpg
Picture 15.jpg [ 58.32 KiB | Viewed 4971 times ]
File comment: That doesn't help. :/
myself.jpg
myself.jpg [ 89.44 KiB | Viewed 4971 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:41 pm 

aphid_greene wrote:
Doesn't mean I neccessarily agree with what he says, but I will fight to the death to defend his right to say it.

Hmm, why not instead for the right to breathe clean air?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:55 am 

Pembo wrote:
Ahaha yer, it's an honest mistake. 8-)
Are these pictures any clearer Tim?

Edit: I forgot they post in the wrong order. :?

You're right... what should have been the first 2 certainly didn't help. The second one definitely, the last one... well, let's just call it "Pat". The first one looks a bit more masculine... or perhaps a really cheesed off female who happens to be into naturism/FKK, or perhaps a supporter of TERA. Sorry, dude. :-/ L8r.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:58 am 

Tim Browne wrote:
You're right... what should have been the first 2 certainly didn't help. The second one definitely, the last one... well, let's just call it "Pat". The first one looks a bit more masculine... or perhaps a really cheesed off female who happens to be into naturism/FKK, or perhaps a supporter of TERA. Sorry, dude. :-/ L8r.

No problem, I only posted them for a laugh anyway. 8-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:18 am 

Hmm, 'tis cute, in an androgenous sort of way...