Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Chess Challenge!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 3:45 pm 

Hello everyone! :)
I play chess quite a bit and I would like to issue a challenge to anyone and everyone in the forum:
I would like to challenge everyone to a game of "postal" chess.
Using the PMs (or email if you prefer) I will play against as many people as are interested in individual games of chess.
If you are interested, please PM me, but please do not post a reply in this topic, as I would like to use this thread to display the moves made, so that anyone who wants to "watch" may do so.

Other info:
-It would probably help to keep an actual setup of the game somewhere (this is how I will be playing, though a pen and paper should suffice).
-You will have the option to choose white or black.
-Please let me know your approximate skill level when you PM me, so that I may gauge if I should go easy on you or not. ;)
-I am not able to use the computer every day, or for long periods, so each game may last for many weeks, possibly months.
-If you want to play, please let me know within two weeks. All games will begin at the same time after that, though they won't end at the same time! :lol:
-Please please please DON'T USE A COMPUTER CHESS PROGRAMME! The purpose of this excercise, apart from entertainment, is for me to test my own chess skills. If you use a chess game, I am effectively playing against a computer and I really hate computer chess.

Thanks for your time, and good luck! :)

Emily, The Red Queen.

P.S. I am interested in all feedback, so if you don't want to play but think this is a good/bad/stupid idea, don't hesitate to PM me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:32 pm 

littlegolem.net is very nice for online games like this