Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: General Update on Carl (wwwmwww)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:06 pm 

Hello Everyone,

Life is currently a whirlwind here. Tuesday the 7th was my last day with Diodes FabTech in Lees Summit, MO. On the 8th I flew out for IPP. I had a BLAST and even learned alot. I saw several new puzzles mechs I haven't seen before. And even sold a few puzzles. In short I had the time of my life. On the 20th I start a new job with Intel in Chandler AZ. This is my dream job and a big step up from the one I just left so I'm currently packing and getting ready for the move. I head down ahead of the rest of the family but I wanted to get some general info out there now and let everyone know that I could potentially be very slow to reply for a few weeks. My main PC needs to stay with the family so I'll be getting a new one for myself after I'm in AZ. This means I may be limited to posts I can make from my phone for a period. So on with the list:

1. Anyone here in the Phoenix area?
    2. Don't buy a Bubbloid122 from my Shapeways shop just yet if you haven't already. The kit will be cheaper very soon.
    3. Plus I have several Bubbloid122 puzzles that didn't sell at IPP available for $175. These are tumbled (by Brandon) and stickered (by me) already. If interested PM me but I likely won't have a chance to ship anything until I'm in AZ. Note this is cheaper then the current kit price on Shapeways.
    4. The Bubbloid112 and the Multi-Gear Cube kit are both about ready to go up on Shapeways as well but these may need to wait till after I'm set up in AZ.

Thanks,
Carl

Last edited by wwwmwww on Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: General Update on Carl (wwwmwww)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:46 pm 

Carl, how exciting! Congratulations on your new job!

-Doug

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:10 pm 

Good luck Carl and congratulations again on your career advancement!

As Carl mentioned, I tumbled a few Bubbloid122s for him. I also tumbled a print for myself so here are a few photos of that (click to get full image):

I might have the time this evening to take a video too. I'm sure there were several folks at IPP that got a chance to play with them so it'd be nice to get a less biased perspective on the effects / quality of the tumbling.

The puzzles themselves turn great.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:30 pm 

bmenrigh wrote:
As Carl mentioned, I tumbled a few Bubbloid122s for him. I also tumbled a print for myself so here are a few photos of that (click to get full image):
I see my name in the backgrounds of the pictures :lol: The puzzle looks great tumbled.

Tony Fisher wrote:
MaCheezm0 wrote:
2nd layer using Fisher parts

I very much hope you mean Fisher Cube parts.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:24 pm 

Good to see you at IPP, Carl, and good luck with the new job.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:32 pm 

Hello everyone,

I made it to Arizona safe and sound. I've been in training at Intel all week and I'm now in a rental home. I still don't have a personal PC here nor do I have internet access at home yet. I'm currently sitting in the lobby at Intel using my work laptop whick I've been told is just fine but I generally prefer to keep work and puzzles seperate so I'll still be much slower to respond for another week or two.

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone and thanks for the pics Brandon. And for those of you that were interested in buying the Bubbloid122 puzzle off Shapeways please go here:

http://www.shapeways.com/model/618116/

It's now over $30 cheaper then it was thanks to a few tricks which allowed me to get this down to a single model. And if you like Brandon's pics above you may be interested in one of the two dyed, tumbled, and stickered puzzles I have left over from IPP. If so please PM me.

Carl