Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Minecraft: anyone else still play?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:22 am 

Like the title says, I was curious if anyone still plays and if anyone would play multiplayer. Thanks :D

-Chris

Post subject: Re: Minecraft: anyone else still play?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:26 am 

I play it occasionally on my iPad, however it's not something I've had much time for recently. I find it's best played when you have spare time so it doesn't detract from important things that need doing. :P

Tony Fisher wrote:
Please can you reduce the size of your photos when posting. To see the whole of this thread I have to walk into the next room.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:36 pm 

Yes I was just playing this morning!

My Minecraft username is Crunchetize_Me. I usually get on Skype when I play so you can see when I'm online that way: jacklopez116

Jack

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:27 pm 

Location: The land of dreams, coincedentally located in Alberta
YES.

Username is the exact same as my username here. Also, I made a town in it and you can PM me to get a link to a newer version of it. :D

Have a picture:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:03 pm 

I recently started a Tekkit server, which is a multiplayer version of the Technic Pack. It has its own client so it won't mess with your current minecraft.jar, but it still requires a minecraft.net account for multiplayer.

It is hosted from my computer, not on a bukkit server or anything that costs money, so it will only be up when I'm playing. Maybe we could get a bukkit server for the forums and split the cost if there is enough interest.

Jack

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:40 pm 

Yep, I play, and my name is shzl (I tend to use that for many things. I'm in the middle of what will be an incredibly difficult puzzle map, which I will put up for download if/when it is finished (if, of course, anyone is actually interested!)

I also play on servers sometimes. do any of you minecraft veterans know how to find good servers that do not have an abundance of griefers? I love redstone, and would gladly help out anyone by building various redstone thingies if they want me to.

Jack, what is the technic pack like? I havn't gotten any of these large, expansion pack style mods yet (like better than wolves, buildcraft, technic pack etc) but I think I may do soon. Regular minecraft becomes boring a little too easy I think.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:18 pm 

shzl wrote:
Jack, what is the technic pack like? I havn't gotten any of these large, expansion pack style mods yet (like better than wolves, buildcraft, technic pack etc) but I think I may do soon. Regular minecraft becomes boring a little too easy I think.

Technic Pack includes a number of mods, the largest ones being Buildcraft, IndustrialCraft, Equivalent Exchange (can turn 512 cobble into 1 diamond), WorldEdit, and RedPower. There are loads of other helpful mods automatically included like Optifine (improves performance), Rei's minimap, and a few inventory improvement mods.

As far as how fun it is, I personally enjoy Buildcraft/IndustrialCraft and I feel that this forum is a haven for people who enjoy these things as well. You can automate a lot of processes, but they take good planning and sometimes lots of resources to make them. I just love watching a machine do the work for me!

Much of the "end-game" items that are added are extremely fun as well (Jetpacks, nanosuit armor, mining lasers).

You can play single player Technic Pack using the same client as for Tekkit, so you can check it out for yourself! There are also loads of overview videos since the massive amount of new things can be overwhelming.

Jack

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:02 pm 

I still play Minecraft a few times a week. I recently made a 4 color 8x8 redstone display that works through a map (see below). I'm also working on an 8 color version now. If anyone plans on starting a server, I'd love to join.

Attachments:
Display2.png
Display2.png [ 454.5 KiB | Viewed 1808 times ]
Display.png
Display.png [ 539.93 KiB | Viewed 1808 times ]

My Shapeways shop

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:31 pm 

will_57 wrote:
I still play Minecraft a few times a week. I recently made a 4 color 8x8 redstone display that works through a map (see below). I'm also working on an 8 color version now. If anyone plans on starting a server, I'd love to join.

That, is SERIOUSLY impressive. did you use MCedit (or similar) to copy repeated sections?

Yeah, you sure put me to shame.. My redstone double stacked stickypiston staircase seems... terrible now :(

Oh yeah. and Goomba, I saw you on the minecraft forum :)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:43 pm 

shzl wrote:
did you use MCedit (or similar) to copy repeated sections?

I used MCedit. It would've taken weeks to make if I hadn't.

My Shapeways shop

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:55 pm 

I run a server and play off and on. Most of my time goes into work and twisty puzzles.

You can see the world here http://minecraft.brandonenright.net:8123/

Forum member Benf207 and I designed and built a roller coaster and Ben made a VIDEO of it.

I don't have the time to play Op and police the world so at this point I'm not too keen on accepting new players.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:12 am 

I just troll with the tech mods
IU make nukes blow up on npc villages.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:10 pm 

Hey guys, sorry for not posting in thins thread for a bit, but i would like to say that I have made a server, that only runs when my computer is on, but if anyone wants to play on it, PM me and ill give you the info :D