Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Paypal strange problem...
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:10 am 

I have used Paypal to pay a member of Ebay about €50,- for a purchase of a cube I did.
At my Paypal overview page I can see that they claim to have transfered money from my bank account to Paypal, and paid the Ebay member with it.

However, on my bankaccount I can see that there is no money written off to Paypal, but as I said, Paypal claims to have received money from my bankaccount.

What should I do? Should I let sleeping dogs lie? Should I contact Paypal, or my bank?

The cube is payed for and is being sent to me from England, how is this possible?

Post subject: Re: Paypal strange problem...
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:16 am 

If it's just a recent transaction it can take a few days to show up on your bank account (especially over weekends)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:33 am 

Zzupler wrote:
If it's just a recent transaction it can take a few days to show up on your bank account (especially over weekends)
Agreed, and banks very rarely make errors in your favour, and when they do, they'll eventually find out and get it back.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:45 am 

Yeah, thanks, I was a bit worried because most of the time when I pay for something I can see it right away on my bankaccount, so now it's taking a couple of days I get nervous :oops:

I'll wait a bit until after the weekend and by then I think the problem will have solved itself, or I will have been contacted (probably by paypal).

Thanks for easing my nerves a bit...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:35 am 

1NSAN3 wrote:
What should I do? Should I let sleeping dogs lie?
Oh, and I forgot to say, if you do knowingly keep monies in your account which should have been paid by your bank, it is theft. :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:24 am 

This is always the case for me, Paypal payment's don't show up for 3 days on my bank account.

Latest videos: Unboxing Burgo's incredible Crazy 2 Face B4 kit, Calvins 2x4x6

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:09 pm 

It always takes a few days to show up proper. At least for me it does :) I'm pretty sure it's ok.. and don't forget it is a holiday weekend to boot :)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:12 am 

It seems that I figured it all out. Today, I checked my bankaccount again, and still there was no money gone...
I went to my paypal account and it still said it DID receive money from my bankaccount...

At the paypal site I went to add/remove bank accounts. There I saw a :!: warning next to my bankaccountnumber...

I clicked the warning, a popup screen opened up and it said something about SEPA. I had to give permission to paypal to write money off of my bankaccount. Again, because I already did that, and I had already payed several things using the same method via paypal in the past.

It seems to me that some of the rules have changed, maybe worldwide, maybe only in the Netherlands.

Hope that the money will be written off my bankaccount fast and the issue is resolved soon...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:16 pm 

Ahhh that is that change here due to that big number we got recently. I had to check my paypal back when to see if the number was correct.. it was a while ago though and with my memory haha.. *goes see*

AHA!!

There is a link I had to click with a pop up giving me this:

"U moet uw huidige autorisatie voor bankbetalingen bijwerken, anders kunt u niet meer direct vanaf uw bankrekening betalen met PayPal. Dit is vereist conform nieuwe voorschriften van de Europese Unie.

Met deze autorisatie kan (A) PayPal instructies naar uw bank sturen en (B) uw bank het bedrag van uw rekening afschrijven overeenkomstig de instructies van PayPal. U heeft onder andere het recht op een terugbetaling van uw bank conform de voorwaarden van uw autorisatie bij uw bank. Een terugbetaling moet binnen acht weken na de datum waarop het bedrag van uw rekening is afgeschreven worden geclaimd. Uw rechten worden uitgelegd in een verklaring die u bij uw bank kunt opvragen."

"You must update your current authorization for bank payments, otherwise you can not pay directly from your bank account with PayPal. This is required under new rules of the European Union.

This authorization may be (A) PayPal will send instructions to your bank and (B) the amount of your bank debit your account in accordance with instructions from PayPal. You include the right to a refund from your bank under the terms of your authorization to your bank. A refund must be claimed. Within eight weeks from the date on which the amount is debited from your account Your rights are explained in a statement that can be accessed. At your bank"

Is there a linkie there to adjust the permissions for sepa? If not.. contact paypal. There should be that and this text above should pop up.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:49 am 

First of all, I wanted to tell you all that all problems are solved, I just got my Latch Cube that I bought through Ebay in the mail :D :D :D
Second of all, the money was written off of my bankaccount today, so I am a very happy camper 8-)

Kattenvriendin wrote:
Ahhh that is that change here due to that big number we got recently. I had to check my paypal back when to see if the number was correct.. it was a while ago though and with my memory haha.. *goes see*

AHA!!

There is a link I had to click with a pop up giving me this:

"U moet uw huidige autorisatie voor bankbetalingen bijwerken, anders kunt u niet meer direct vanaf uw bankrekening betalen met PayPal. Dit is vereist conform nieuwe voorschriften van de Europese Unie.

Met deze autorisatie kan (A) PayPal instructies naar uw bank sturen en (B) uw bank het bedrag van uw rekening afschrijven overeenkomstig de instructies van PayPal. U heeft onder andere het recht op een terugbetaling van uw bank conform de voorwaarden van uw autorisatie bij uw bank. Een terugbetaling moet binnen acht weken na de datum waarop het bedrag van uw rekening is afgeschreven worden geclaimd. Uw rechten worden uitgelegd in een verklaring die u bij uw bank kunt opvragen."

"You must update your current authorization for bank payments, otherwise you can not pay directly from your bank account with PayPal. This is required under new rules of the European Union.

This authorization may be (A) PayPal will send instructions to your bank and (B) the amount of your bank debit your account in accordance with instructions from PayPal. You include the right to a refund from your bank under the terms of your authorization to your bank. A refund must be claimed. Within eight weeks from the date on which the amount is debited from your account Your rights are explained in a statement that can be accessed. At your bank"

Is there a linkie there to adjust the permissions for sepa? If not.. contact paypal. There should be that and this text above should pop up.

Yes Catsfriend :wink: ! That's exactly what was wrong, I didn't give permission (again) via this link, but since I did, everything fell into place and got taken care off... Phew!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:20 am 

Oof indeed! I made sure to write the stuff on several forums and on facebook so people would know.. I cannot understand why paypal didn't put a notice up. I don't remember anything like it anyway and I have been there often enough. :lol:

Ah well at least it's sorted :mrgreen: