Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Triple IQ139
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:51 am 

Hi all, a few people have asked if I am going to make any Triple IQ139s. Well I have made 2. One I am keeping for myself and the other I am offering on ebay.

You can find it here
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RARE-Triple-IQ139 ... dZViewItem

I have made a few triples before and through trial and error I feel I have finnally mastered it. The triple turns really nicely, I am very happy with it :D Two of the layers go clockwise but the third had to go anticlockwise so that the colours matched up. I mixed up my personal one and so far have spent about 12 hours trying to get it back to it's original state, it's driving me mad :twisted: but I am sure I will get there in the end, hopefully LOL!

As this is the first one I am selling I will include a little letter stating it is the first Official Puck Puzzle triple!

I will make a few more in the future but not for a while as I am very busy for the next few months.

I do not think that these are going to be be made on a mass scale unfortunately as we have other projects in the pipeline.

Anyway enpugh rambling from me, have fun peeps and take care.

Cheers Rich

Attachments:
IMG00033.JPG
IMG00033.JPG [ 91.12 KiB | Viewed 469 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:52 pm 

Oh snap. Awesome build.

As for solving, I've never used a puck before (I asked for one for xmas though. ;] ), but I think you'd have to solve the middle layer like normal, then solve the top similar to a Square-1, then if you need to flip the middle half you would just use (6,0)/(6,0)/(6,0)/.

If anyone can verify this for me, I'd be apreciative.

25, Male
Started cubing Oct 15 '05

Out of the game, but not completely.

Post subject: Triple IQ
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:25 pm 

Rich:
I hope I was the big 'nagger' that finally got you to make it! :oops:
It looks awesome. :D :D I'm sure others would be interested in knowing how you secured the layers together. I think Adam Zamora eBay'd
a couple of triples earlier; I believed he somehow used nails to hold his together. Depending on how high the bidding goes on this one, I hope
you or other builders will throw more of these together.

Chuck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:00 pm 

its true i used a nail as a metal dowel, along with some 2 part apoxy glue. it works great in holding all 3 layers together. i am curious how you made yours though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:03 pm 

HI all, Chuck you were definately one of the most consistant people requesting the triple :) it's nice to know people like it.

I also use metal rods through all three puzzles but I have been using stage pins. I work in theatre and have a load of stage pins knocking around the house and they are just the right width. I have tried a number of methods but have found then none can handle the twisting and turning as well as metal rods. I also use small spacers so that the layers do not interfere with each other.

I hope this helps people.

Cheers Rich