Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Where can i find some of the rare cubes?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:00 pm 

I was just wondering, where can i find some of the rare cubes this site mentions? I am most interested in Tony Fisher's Golden Cube but also the Mental Block, Container, Bandaged Cube, the 5 layer Square 1, Lattice Cube, Master Skewb,...ummm Master Pyraminx, Master Morphix, and even a tiled pyramorphix (cause mefferts stopped selling them). (I'm also interested in Greenhill's Tetrahedron, but I'm assuming there's only like 1 in the world or something like that, so I probably won't ever be finding that). Anyways you guys on this site seem to actually respond to post so I decided to ask. Anyone know?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:11 pm 

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Pretty much all of those custom puzzles you mentioned are very rare and expensive. You can watch ebay like a hawk, but you'll almost never see those for sale.

Your best bet is to learn to build them yourself, or build something else that someone may trade you. I don't think anyone would be trading away Fisher puzzles though.

Good luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:14 pm 

Those are all customs, Some of those I could make, but it would take a while.
I can make Mental Block, Container, Bandaged Cube, 5 Layer Square One, and a Master Morphix. Also i can make tiles for a pyraminx that you could just super-glue on.

For a golden cube, you'll have to contact Tony Fisher, he is the only one who makes them.

And for the Master Skewb, Latice Cube, and Master Pyraminx, you will have to contact Mr. Okomoto (Sorry if i miss spelled that). But he doesn't often make puzzles for people. He sold a bunch of master pyraminx's a while ago, but you had to reserve them. Also they are extreamly pricy. But that is acualy true of 90% of custom puzzles.

Good luck with your puzzle hunt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:16 pm 

Most of those are extremely rare customs only made by the inventor once in a long while then auctioned off to the highest bidder, and it does indeed cost a pretty penny.

The only two that aren't Über rare are probably the Master Morphix and the Pyramorphix.

The Pyramorphix you might be able to find on ebay, the mastermorphix is basically a half truncated cube with extentions. Rick Mazzante recently built one. I don't know if it sold on ebay or not. Anyways, you could probably request someone to make it, and see how much they will charge.

P.S. The maker of the Master Pyraminx recently (June or July I believe) made a batch of them at the cost of 620 USD each.

25, Male
Started cubing Oct 15 '05

Out of the game, but not completely.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:34 pm 

Thanks alot.
As for building them, ....yea that probably won't be happening, seeing as I've never built anything even close to stuff like this.

And Scott, I may just take you up on your offer. About how much would each of those cost? (Also i do have a tiled pyraminx, it's the pyramorphix I don't have at all) And yes i did manage to find Katsuhiro Okamoto's site but he has unfornutaley stopped selling everything. (plus it's in japenese)

But still no one knows of some site that has really rare customs like these for sale/trade all gathered in one nice spot?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:13 pm 

Im not gonna lie, it would cost you alot. Lol, sorry man but puzzle building is hard and tedious work.

Check out this thread for member's shops.
viewtopic.php?t=5370

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:10 am 

Anthony Greenhill builds a lot of the square 1 variations. He is a member here. You could contact him, but he is pricey also. $300 is probably the minimum price per puzzle that he makes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:47 am 

Occasionally a collector will sell off his collection. Recently Jerry Bryant and John Ergotoudis have parted with many custom made puzzles. The best place to find out about sales is here. If any of the puzzles you want became available for sale it is 99% certain it would be announced or mentioned on Marketplace.