Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Adhesive Vinyl Sheets for custom stickers
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:43 pm 

I have a few colors of adhesive vinyl sheets that I would like to make available for those who are looking for custom stickers. I finally had a chance to try my local sign shop for adhesive vinyl as so many here have suggested. The shop was not willing to give or sell me scraps but I did get a decent deal on the small quantity that I purchased. But even the small quantity is far more than I need so I thought I would try and contribute to this fine community by offering them to others in need of custom stickers.

I have limited quantities of 9 colors
Purple
Blue
light blue (this might be the same as cubesmith)
sea foam
Teal
green
orange
yellow
Taupe
I believe they are all at least slightly different from the colors that cubesmith uses, but they are the same material for the most part (Oracal 651). I will sell them in approximately 8.5x11 sheets for $1 a sheet with $0.75 for postage no matter how many sheets you order. They would be shipped in a large envelope with stiff cardboard to prevent them from being bent.

It is not my intent to start a business doing this, but I do feel this is a needed service for at least some on this forum. The colors I have are compatible with cubesmith's and yet are different colors (though in some cases it may be only a slight difference). If you are interested in purchasing some sheets either respond to this post or PM me.

I bought these so I could have a true 12 (14 if you count the top and bottom) color dodecagonal prism (I may post a picture once I'm done), but I also plan on using them on a truncated cube and some bandaged cubes.

Thanks,
Dale

Attachments:
Vinyl.JPG
Vinyl.JPG [ 70.1 KiB | Viewed 612 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:34 pm 

I have attached pics of the finally finished dodecagonal prism. Any thoughts on the Star Prism that I also have waiting for stickers, Should I do the sides in 6 colors or 12? The pics in the database are of a 6 color prism, has anyone done it in 12 and if so could you provide a picture to help me decide.

Thanks,
Dale

Attachments:
Prism 1.JPG
Prism 1.JPG [ 101.08 KiB | Viewed 574 times ]
Prism 2.JPG
Prism 2.JPG [ 118.42 KiB | Viewed 527 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:35 pm 

A couple of items.

1. A few people have purchased sticker sheets (hopefully they have found them useful). In the process I have found that I will need to change the amount that I charge for postage. I have been losing a bit on the postage. I'm not trying to make money on the sheets, I'm just trying to recoup what I spent on them, so the change will not be drastic. I'll probably change the postage to something like $0.50 for the first sheet and $0.25 for each additional sheet.

2. I would be VERY interested in trading colors with anyone who has some extra of the typical colors (red, white, yellow, and orange). I am particularly interested in red and white. You specific which color of mine you would like and the size, and we can swap sticker sheets. Just let me know if you are interested. I just finished a Fisher cube, and would really like to have a red and a white side. I don't think beige and teal would look quite the same. :?