Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: selling everything - magic octahedron
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:33 am 

ok, so I lost my job. Well, I didn't lose it, I know where it is, it's just that when I go there, someone else is doing it. I need money. So, I have posted about half of my twisty puzzle collection on ebay, including one of my magic octahedrons.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 6065242027

I will be posting the rest of the collection in the next couple of days, including the better of the two magic octahedrons. I will combine shipping any way that I can to make it worthwhile for people to buy more than one item. Please buy everything!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:21 am 

Oh wolfy......

It is very sad hearing this news.......

I am really sorry.

I hope you earn a lot of money and get a new job soon!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:23 pm 

So sorry to hear this Wolfy :( Just wanted to mention that I got the best job of my life after losing another job-seriously. Sometimes change leads to better things. I hope it does for you. Just sorry to hear you're having to sell your puzzles. I think all of us who treasure our puzzles can feel for you and your situation. Best of luck to you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:12 am 

Hey wolfy. It looks like (from your ebay id) that you are an MCSE. I am, as well. The IT market is tough, isn't it? I went through the exact same thing about a year ago. Hopefully everything will work out OK for you. At the time last year everything was going on, everyone kept telling me that everything happens for a reason and all that, which I didn't want to hear, of course, but I did wind up getting a much better job (went from Sysadmin to IT Manager), so I wonder if maybe there isn't some truth in all those cliches. Anyway, good luck, and I'm definitely hoping to win a couple of your auctions!