Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Signed Cube by Erno Rubik and an unusual Domino.
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 12:44 pm 

I'm trying to sell of a couple of duplicates to finance further collecting :) The two items are:

A Studio Cube signed by Erno Rubik. Some of you might remember an excited post by me a couple of years ago when meeting him.

A Domino Clone made by wonderful puzzler. Have you seen it before? I bet you haven't :)

You'll find them on eBay

Attachments:
domio5.jpg
domio5.jpg [ 37.94 KiB | Viewed 398 times ]
domino4.jpg
domino4.jpg [ 43.48 KiB | Viewed 940 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 2:08 pm 

That signed cube is awesome!

Gustav wrote:
A Domino Clone made by wonderful puzzler. Have you seen it before? I bet you haven't

I have one of these, but the box is long gone. Now I know it's a Wonderful Puzzler. Thanks for posting the picture!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 2:15 pm 

That domino is fascinating. 45mm. I believe that might be the same as the superman(or was it spiderman) domino that's floating around. Other than its rarity as a unique collectible, I believe its internal mechanism is crappy like the groove domino. Not sure if it's the same mechanism though and I'd really like to take a gander.

Hah. Maybe I should have checked the auction before opening my mouth, so to speak. Groove or not, it's definitely something I would like to put into my collection.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 3:11 pm 

It is the exact same size as the Superman or Marvel domino. I'm not sure what kind of mechanism they use, I've never looked too closely. I'll try to remember to look at mine tonight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 5:19 am 

I don't know really. It's my first time as a seller on eBay, but from what I've seen previously, the final price of items can be almost random. But I'm hoping them to fetch quite a bit since the are very uncommon items.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 11:57 am 

24H to go. Don't let them be sniped away :)