Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Puzzle-Shop
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:27 pm 

Has anyone bought anything from Puzzle-Shop recently? I've had an outstanding order since July and after repeated assurances that he would send the goods, to date apparently nothing has been shipped. Recently he has stopped responding to my emails. Is this unusual, or do I just need to be more patient?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:32 pm 

I have never had any problems with Hendrik and the puzzle-shop. I am guessing that you are in the USA. Everything that Hendrik sends is by surface mail unless you specify otherwise. On average I would say 5 weeks is normal but I had one box take up to 8. Sometimes he is a few days in responding to emails, but be patient.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:11 pm 

I've ordered from Hendrik Haak on several occasions in the past. I have never had my packages get lost, but it always takes about one or two weeks longer than I am willing to wait before I ask about it. Surface mail does help keep the costs lower, but I wish he did offer faster mail service for the impatient types. Then again, it's been a couple of years since I've ordered from him.

Are you sure that he meant that he hasn't shipped out yet or that the shipment will take a little longer to get to you? His English can be pretty broken, but his service was always to ship the puzzles out quickly, even if the trip took forever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:14 pm 

I have ordered from Hendrik Haak on about three occasions. Shipping from Germany to the US (unless it was sent via air) has always taken three forevers. My last purchase took 10 weeks. By the time it arrived, I had already filed an insurance claim with the US Postal Service. I would guess that your delay is not Mr. Haak's fault.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 1:24 am 

I have also purchased an Astrolabacus from the Puzzle Shop. The package arrived after 6 weeks. I think I'll continue to buy things from them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:52 am 

A little off topic but:
I had an order from Mefferts that got lost, they sent out a replacement.

At the end of August (27th) I got an email from them to let me know that the original package had been returned to them. It was sent out at the beginning of April.

The postal code is supposed to be optional, but that was the only difference in the addresses.

Why oh why is air-mail so expensive for such little packages :S

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:05 am 

AndrewSeven wrote:
I had an order from Mefferts that got lost, they sent out a replacement.
[...]
Why oh why is air-mail so expensive for such little packages :S

Don't they offer free airmail shipping?

Post subject: .
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:32 am 

I think it's ground mail, but I'd guess they would need to airmail it a little if you're in the us(across the ocean). One sec..

Hmm, it is airmail :D Still, it's pretty slow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 3:43 pm 

When they sent the replacement, it only took 4 or 5 weeks but it took ages for the first to get back to them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:24 pm 

Thanks for the replies, guys. Just to be clear, I waited about a month before emailing him. He responsed a few days later and said that he forgot to send them out. A couple of weeks later I emailed him again to check if he had mailed them yet. Again, he said he had forgotten and said that he would mail them that week. I asked him to email me once he had sent them. I never got a response to that email, so three weeks later I emailed again, asking if they had been sent out yet. Four days later and no reply yet.

I don't mind delays due to international mail problems, but I'd be a little happier if I knew that he'd actually sent them off...

Anyway, I'm not panicing or anything. It sounds like the guy's honest enough and that this order may have just fallen through the cracks. Perhaps it's even on its way now...