Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 311 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Unbelievable Ebay Offers???
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:33 pm 

Called paypal today, 10 minutes on the phone not counting wait times and I had my money back. I told them it was an incomplete address and that mailing it back was going to be more expensive than the item cost in the first place. I also reminded them that the seller had multiple cases against him. So yeah, got my money back :D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:25 pm 

Unlike everyone else here I attempted to resolve this through emailing PayPal and not calling them. Today I got my money back. :D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:08 pm 

Got my money back. It appears that everyone has had a similar result.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:42 am 

Paypal doesn't seem to want to give me my money back. They told me they contacted the seller, and he told them that he sent the package, witch it's true, but they don't seem to understand that he sent me e useless bracelet :evil: .

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:49 am 

Aww maan.. I had hoped everyone would have their funds back by now.

Some ideas:

In your email there should be the mail still that you have gotten from ebay, with the picture of what you purchased.
Make a picture of what you did get, and then send them both to paypal.
You could also make screenshots of this topic to show what others have gotten of this seller and the post that the return address is bogus.

Maybe that will help.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:08 am 

Drake wrote:
Paypal doesn't seem to want to give me my money back. They told me they contacted the seller, and he told them that he sent the package, witch it's true, but they don't seem to understand that he sent me e useless bracelet :evil: .

Have you received the package yet?

What kind of dispute have you opened? Is should be an "Item not as described" dispute.
Take pictures of what you received and email them to paypal. If you are not getting anywhere with it online give them a call and ask to speak to supervisors if the person you are talking to will not refund you. Keep reminding them that the beads/bracelet are worthless and the return address is bogus.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:28 pm 

Received Mine, also opened a dispute / claim at paypal, they asked me to return the item (not as described or empty box) I gave then a call and the same day i received my 11USD refund : )

Attachments:
IMG_0798.JPG
IMG_0798.JPG [ 588.14 KiB | Viewed 515 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:19 am 

I got contacted by the police, they had received my filing (wow.. they are awake) but asked me to revoke the thing when I had already gotten a refund or if it was solved another way.

So.. my filing has been revoked now. At least I am glad this is getting sorted for everyone by the looks.

Is there anyone out there still that hasn't gotten a refund yet?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:55 am 

I've finally got my refunds.
It took so long because one package arrived later than the other (and both more than one month after shipping), so I had two different successful experiences with paypal:
- on one package i left a complaint stating "goods not delivered" and I got an immediate refund on the first phone call (they said me in these cases refunds are given quickly after ~20/30 days from shipping)
- on the other package I changed the complaint into "goods not compliant" and I went through all the hassles experienced by other user: (request to send goods back, phone calls, and finally refund).

If I knew it I would have left both in "not delivered" state, it would have been quicker.

Thanks everyone for posting here, because of this thread my confidence to resolve this issue stayed high.
Bye

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:10 pm 

And... Finaly got my money back :oops: :D .

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:25 pm 

Wow.. you almost could have walked to where the seller lived and collected it in person :shock: :lol: Glad things are sorted for you as well!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 311 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7