Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: [SOLD] Crazy 2x3x3 Hand Made mod "Willfool 3x3x3"
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 12:45 pm 

I do not have an asking price for this, but I would really like $20 or more for it. I will take the best offers I can get for it. Unfortunately you will have to pay for the shipping so please take that into account if you do not live in the USA. Basically I modded my old Crazy 2x3x3 into a "WillFool 3x3x3". Link to the original "WillFool 3x3x3" here: http://twistypuzzles.com/forum/viewtopi ... 15&t=16394 Here is the information covered in the video I have linked that the bottom, so you do not have to read this if you watch the video. Basically, when I was on vacation back in December 2012, I had brought my Crazy 2x3x3 with me. When I was playing with it, I noticed that you could do more moves with it if you cut some of the pieces off. So I got my pliers and cut off some of the pieces while I was on vacation and it caused the puzzle to be very difficult to solve. When I got home I used Apoxie Sculpt to fuse some of the leftover pieces together and fill cracks and edges. I then painted the whole thing with Testors Black Enamel paint and handcut some stickers for it. It did not turn too well so I lubricated it with Squibb Mineral Oil. Now the puzzle moves fairly smoothly but catches time to time. I fused 3 out of the 4 caps, so only one of the screws is adjustable. I really only left the one cap unfused so that you could take the puzzle apart easily to add or remove the locking piece that locks the top or bottom to one of the center edges. I have removed the locking piece because it makes the puzzle even harder to solve than it already is.

Link to youtube video stating information about the puzzle's creation and showing off the puzzle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR2sUvbFYJI

Here are some photographs of the finished puzzle (click to enlarge for more detail):

Last edited by Drummerthing on Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:56 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Crazy 2x3x3 mod "Willfool 3x3x3" for Sale USA only
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 12:30 pm 

Drummerthing wrote:
I do not have an asking price for this, but I would really like $20 or more for it.
Hi!
I will offer $30 for this (not including shipping)

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 3:35 pm 

Drummerthing wrote:
Unfortunately I will only be shipping to the USA because of shipping costs and you will have to pay for the shipping.

This is a mistake I see repeated time and time again. Why not simply say if you are not from USA postal costs will be more? It does no harm whatsoever and you might be surprised at the outcome. I have sold stuff internationally where the postage was actually more than the item I was selling. NEVER narrow down your potential market like this.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 3:52 pm 

Tony Fisher wrote:
Drummerthing wrote:
Unfortunately I will only be shipping to the USA because of shipping costs and you will have to pay for the shipping.

This is a mistake I see repeated time and time again. Why not simply say if you are not from USA postal costs will be more? It does no harm whatsoever and you might be surprised at the outcome. I have sold stuff internationally where the postage was actually more than the item I was selling. NEVER narrow down your potential market like this.

Thank you for your reply! I will change it, I do not know why I put it as USA only in the first place; I think I was just tired and being inconsiderate. I guess I was just not thinking. Thank you again.