Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Protect signatures on puzzles
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:58 pm 

Dear friends.

In the last few month I had lot of work, so I was only reading topics and did not write as often as I did before.
But now I need to announce my new product to you, because it is basically made for you, puzzle collectors and builders!

This product is called "Signature protector"

It is a special very thin transparent vinyl (less then half of the thickness of standard vinyls!)

In my sticker shop you can ad this "product" to your cart, and after it at the checkout or via e-mail you can specify the 10 pcs individual small stickers what you want me to make for you. It can be any from my shop or if you have a custom puzzle you can send me template or measurements, and I can make custom "Signature protector".

Also some additional good news for my costumers:
I have bought a new machine what can cut stickers much more perfect then previous.
I have ad new colors to my offer (color change)
I started to offer UV color change, and these colors are also available for custom stickers
And of course there are many new sets in my sticker shop, so it worth it to look around!

rubikkocka@gmail.com & info@oliverstickers.com
http://oliverstickers.com/

Facebook

Post subject: Re: Protect signatures on puzzles
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:40 pm 

I see you've added Pochmann-style super Megaminx stickers. Is a Gigaminx version coming soon? (Sized for mf8's version of course!)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:41 pm 

Jared wrote:
I see you've added Pochmann-style super Megaminx stickers. Is a Gigaminx version coming soon? (Sized for mf8's version of course!)

Maybe...
I need to create the template.

Facebook

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:20 pm 

This a great idea. I should point out though that people still need to be cautious. I also use a protective covering but found some ink reacts with it. On my first batch of Mental Blocks I signed them with a marker pen. After a few weeks it became almost unreadable. Nowadays I use a black biro and leave it a day or so before covering.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:40 pm 

Sorry for the bump of this topic, but I've made an experiment, and would like to share the outcome.

After Tony's response, I've decided to tested the stickers.
I've marked a sticker sheet with different marker pens, and start to cover it in different times.
The outcome is really simple: With all the 3 different markers I have tried (Stabilo OHPen, ICO OHP marker, edding permanent marker) It does not matter when (immediately or after dry) I cover the signature with the stickers, there is no mark of any kind of change. My experiment started at exactly 1 month ago, and still no change...

So I must say to Tony: use another marker, or use my stickers ;)

BUT Still, I recommend to all my costumers to test the signature protector before use!

Facebook

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:05 pm 

Olivér Nagy wrote:
Sorry for the bump of this topic, but I've made an experiment, and would like to share the outcome.

After Tony's response, I've decided to tested the stickers.
I've marked a sticker sheet with different marker pens, and start to cover it in different times.
The outcome is really simple: With all the 3 different markers I have tried (Stabilo OHPen, ICO OHP marker, edding permanent marker) It does not matter when (immediately or after dry) I cover the signature with the stickers, there is no mark of any kind of change. My experiment started at exactly 1 month ago, and still no change...

So I must say to Tony: use another marker, or use my stickers ;)

BUT Still, I recommend to all my costumers to test the signature protector before use!

I use Staedtler. Hopefully you are correct but please report back in 6 months.