Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Emergency Collection Liquidation
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:38 pm 

Long story short: I've been forced into a heart-wrenching and stressful situation that has left me with the prospect of no home by the end of December. That being said, I've got two boxes for all of my possessions, so I need to eliminate all of my puzzles that aren't of the utmost sentimentality to me. I'm willing to cut deals to initiate the impromptu purchase of these puzzles. Larger orders take priority. Here's the list of what I've got. Please make offers on any and all items you may be interested in. Only listed what I think has decent value. Let me know if you are looking for anything cheap and specific.

BELOW IN RED HAS BEEN CLAIMED. WILL BE TAKEN DOWN UPON COMPLETED PAYMENT

Metal:

(In box) ThinkFun Fifteen Puzzle (Originally $10, asking $7)

Go! Games Disentanglement set including:
-Ball and Chain
-Cupid
-Hole in One
-Loop de Loop
-Casper
-Snake Eyes
-Black Widow
-Anaconda
-Scorpion
-Odd Ball
-Patience
-Yellowjacket
-Sink or Swim
-Anchor
-Bowtie
-Fly Catcher

Whole set originally $6 each: Asking $50 for the set

Noodle Your IQ Metal Puzzles:
-Manifold
-Vector
-Abstract
-Right Turn
-Complexity
-Chaos
-Infinity
-Quantum

(Originally $5 each, asking $24 for the set)

Twisty: (Make Offers on All Below)

(Boxed) Latch Cube
(Boxed) Scramble Cube
(Boxed) Scramble Cube
(Boxed) 2x2x4
(Boxed) Floppy Cube
(Boxed) Tower Cube
(Boxed) Tower Cube
(Boxed) Eastsheen 2x2x2, 4x4x4 and 5x5x5

Unused, stickered, and not boxed:

White Pyraminx Crystal (Mefferts)
Master Kilominx (Colored, MF8)
Black Mosaic Cube
White C4U 3x3x5
Black C4U 3x3x7
Black Vulcano (Mefferts)
Helicopter Dodecahardon (MF8)
Dino Didecahedron (MF8)
Black 4x4x5 (Ayi)
Black Dayan Gem II
Blue Dayan Gem III (Concept 11, Unstickered)
Crazy 4x4x4 II

This last one has a huge amount of sentimental value. It's a classic style penny puzzle. Old trick, but new look. It is made of two layers of acrylic with etching and paint. They are then screwed together. They are very high quality. This was a project of mine with large amounts of help from Dave Litwin. They are a numbered series, with only 8 plus my prototype existing. The one I am selling is black with red lettering and design. I will not let this go cheap, because it cost a lot to make such a small run. But if the offer is right and there is a good home for it, I'll accept. Pictures linked below (Best quality photos I can produce, feel free to ask ANY questions) Additionally, I have one with a black background that has blue inking instead of red. That one is available in place of this one, if you prefer. Only letting one go:

Front View: http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn31 ... uzzle1.jpg

Back View: http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn31 ... uzzle2.jpg

Side View: http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn31 ... uzzle3.jpg

EDIT: The extra penny puzzle has also been claimed at a price I am satisfied with.
When I get a chance to go through my last shelf and purge the extras, I'll probably post a handful more of puzzles, but for now I think I am nearly done. Thank you all.

Last edited by funmonkey54 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Emergency Collection Liquidation
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:08 am 

funmonkey54 wrote:
This last one has a huge amount of sentimental value. It's a classic style penny puzzle. Old trick, but new look. It is made of two layers of acrylic with etching and paint. They are then screwed together. They are very high quality. This was a project of mine with large amounts of help from Dave Litwin. They are a numbered series, with only 8 plus my prototype existing. The one I am selling is black with red lettering and design. I will not let this go cheap, because it cost a lot to make such a small run. But if the offer is right and there is a good home for it, I'll accept. Pictures linked below (Best quality photos I can produce, feel free to ask ANY questions) Additionally, I have one with a black background that has blue inking instead of red. That one is available in place of this one, if you prefer. Only letting one go:
I enjoyed making these, and used the same techniques that I use for my Elementals: Etching and inking, and etched countersunk screws to hold the clear top.
I'd recommend the black/red but both are nice.

Just for fun, here is a video of one being etched. Help funmonkey54 out if you have an interest in this sort of non-Twisty puzzle.

Dave

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:29 am 

I am so sorry :(
Also how much for the latch cube and can you send me a pic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:46 am 

DLitwin wrote:
funmonkey54 wrote:
I enjoyed making these, and used the same techniques that I use for my Elementals: Etching and inking, and etched countersunk screws to hold the clear top.
I'd recommend the black/red but both are nice.

Just for fun, here is a video of one being etched. Help funmonkey54 out if you have an interest in this sort of non-Twisty puzzle.

Dave

Thank you, Dave, for the input. That's a very cool video. I hope you don't mind me dropping your name on the puzzle. I just know people can trust your quality of work, which, based on the offers I am receiving, adds a very solid amount of interest. It's a very well made puzzle, so I'm glad people recognize that.

As for the others that have given me offers on single puzzles, I am giving priority to the individual that has made an offer on the whole lot. I am responding as quickly as I can.

To address a few other concerns:

No, I am not getting out of puzzling. I couldn't if I tried. I'm keeping puzzles that were gifts, puzzles with huge sentimental value, and the ones that are my absolute favorites. I'm only parting with what I can bring myself to part with as the situation calls for it. I'm glad that this community cares so much about its members and about their continued dedication to the interest. Thank you.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:54 am 

I'm one of the lucky few who got one of these puzzles. Charlie (and Dave) did a fantastic job on them. Well worth the few (more) pennies that it will sell for.

Offer up now, because mine is too valuable to part with. :D