Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Champion cube store delivery experience?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:10 am 

Does anyone have experience with CCS delivery? I ordered a few puzzles 9 weeks ago (I live in canada) and haven't received them. I know china post can be unreliable.
I gave them the benefit of the doubt and ordered another cube two weeks ago which I have received.
I've inquired about my order from January but aside from 'we are looking into it' I haven't had any luck getting a response.
Just wondering if others have experienced this.

Post subject: Re: Champion cube store delivery experience?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:45 am 

Location: In my study drooling over my puzzle hoard - Precioussssss!
I placed an order with Champion last year and it took almost 3 months to arrive. The china post tracking told me it had left China but no further. Champion reassured me that he couldn't speed up or track anything after it had left China and it arrived at just over 10 weeks from posting.

I hope this reassures you.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:03 pm 

I must say that this amazes me greatly. I have used China Post on various other stores and that quite a few times, and it always takes three weeks max, four weeks is an exception.

Ten weeks, to me, in comparison to these other sellers that use the same posting service, is not acceptable.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:21 pm 

I couldn't agree more. I've made 3 orders from china since January and have received them within 3 weeks!
And the lack of response from CCS is annoying even if they can't do anything...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:57 pm 

I suspect the China post service he uses is an extremely cheap version, that others don't, because everybody that uses the standard shipping from there seems to have the same problem - My one one and only order from there took just over 6 weeks to arrive (the tracking showed it stuck at Chinese export customs for over 5 weeks).

I've never had any issues like this from any other stores, so I can't see how else it could be that all orders from there take so long.

I will not buy from there again because of this, he has lost a customer in me, and I suspect numerous others because of this.

Latest videos: Unboxing Burgo's incredible Crazy 2 Face B4 kit, Calvins 2x4x6

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:02 pm 

I've also made one order from here - it took 11 weeks to Ireland!! When I contacted them about the order after 8 weeks (their maximum estimated delivery time) they didn't even respond to me so I was happy it at least arrived but I certainly won't order from there again.
All other stores I've used from China/Hong Kong range from two to four weeks for delivery, with three weeks being the most common timeframe so I am fairly sure he is not using the same delivery service as everyone else.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:11 pm 

I have ordered three shipments this year, two arrived and one I am still waiting for. I would recommend to anyone wanting to order from this store to use their DHL option. It's not a lot more than the Chinapost option but the items usually come within a week. I accepted that it could take up to three months to arrive when I placed my order because I am aware what Chinapost is like.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:15 am 

Thing is.. China Post is NOT like that. As people stated above things arrive within a much shorter time frame from other stores using the very same China Post.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:42 am 

I've placed three orders with CCS using DHL delivery option and all arrived very quickly. Order placed last week was delivered (in Florida US) within 40 hours of order placement. Currently, coupon code "CCS" gives 20% discount, which nearly offsets DHL delivery costs. I have no affiliation with CCS and have no experience with their China Post delivery option.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:04 am 

Yes but the 20% off only makes it comparable to other cheap online cube stores that are very reliable, the more expensive shipping option goes and makes it more expensive again.

Latest videos: Unboxing Burgo's incredible Crazy 2 Face B4 kit, Calvins 2x4x6

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:27 pm 

My last shipment arrived today. I think if you want to use Chinapost when ordering from Champion Cubestore then 3 month is the shipping time to expect. I take Kattenvriendin's point; but when I shipped via DHL it arrived within a week, so it obviously shipped straight out.

I also had cause to email them twice and both times they got back to me within 24hrs, so I am happy with their communications.

Kattenvriendin wrote:
Thing is.. China Post is NOT like that. As people stated above things arrive within a much shorter time frame from other stores using the very same China Post.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:59 pm 

to add a bit to your sentence: "shipping time to expect from this store."

I am still thinking this is not acceptable considering the numerous things I have ordered using China Post and everything arriving within the three weeks, max four, time period.

DHL is quite fast with shipping around the world, done that once from China, got here in three days.

Glad to hear your shipment arrived in any case!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:01 pm 

I recently ordered a Megaminx from Champion. It was shipped on March 18th and arrived (in Germany) April 1st or 2nd. Might have been because it was a pretty small package. But it proves that there are exceptions.
That was my third order from Champion and the first two admittedly took about 4-6 weeks.
But when I order from amazon.com it usually takes about 3 weeks to reach my doorstep, so 4-6 weeks actually was what I expected for a shipment from China. About a week ago I ordered at hknowstore for the first time. After reading this thread I'm kinda curious how long it'll take.

Skunk

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:30 pm 

Skunk wrote:
I recently ordered a Megaminx from Champion. It was shipped on March 18th and arrived (in Germany) April 1st or 2nd. Might have been because it was a pretty small package. But it proves that there are exceptions.
That was my third order from Champion and the first two admittedly took about 4-6 weeks.
But when I order from amazon.com it usually takes about 3 weeks to reach my doorstep, so 4-6 weeks actually was what I expected for a shipment from China. About a week ago I ordered at hknowstore for the first time. After reading this thread I'm kinda curious how long it'll take.

Skunk

Unless it's a pre-order it shouldn't take too long. The stuff I order from them gets to me in the USA in 2-4 weeks.

Last edited by garathnor on Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:47 pm 

I get the feeling that sometimes Champion and Lightake ship China Post surface mail instead of air mail. I've had orders from both take well over 2 months to arrive. But if I order EMS or DHL (or whatever other express they may offer) the orders show up in just a few days.

I wish Calvin offered EMS from HK Now Store.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:08 pm 

Calvin does offer EMS-you just have to contact him with what you want to order.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:23 pm 

Kattenvriendin wrote:
to add a bit to your sentence: "shipping time to expect from this store."

Yes that was my intended meaning.

Volitar Prime wrote:
I get the feeling that sometimes Champion and Lightake ship China Post surface mail instead of air mail.

I agree the difference in shipping times seems consistent with air compared to surface shipping. It could seem logical to assume then from the information gathered so far that they sometimes ship surface. Except for some smaller packages that are exceptions and ship air.

I don't think so.... look at the difference in rates.

Available Shipping Methods
FedEx InternationalPriority Shipping Service(4-5 business days) (Shipping to GB (240.00g)) $30.49
HongKong DHL Express Service(4-7 business days) (Shipping to GB (240.00g)) $21.04
EMS Worldwide Express Shipping Service(3-7days) (Shipping to GB (240.00g)) $27.28
CNRAM-China Post Registered Airmail Service (3-8 weeks, weight limit 2Kg for one parcel) (Shipping to GB (240.00g)) $5.12
CNRAP-China Post Registered Air Parcel(about 15 days, weight limit 20Kg for one parcel) (Shipping to GB (240.00g)) $23.93

If you select the cheapest then you are not paying for the priority shipping the other options provide. Using the UK as an example. here you can buy a 1st Class or a 2nd Class stamp. Imagine we post 20 items, 10 1st class and 10 2nd class at exactly the same time. 9 times out of 10 the second class posted item will arrive last. But very occasionally due to quirks in the postal system the 2nd Class posted item might arrive faster or even first. I don't see anything unusual here and I use Chinapost all the time too. I am sure they have different rates and when packages arrive quicker the shipper probably paid more to ship them. Champion Cubestore are rock bottom cheap so it would really not surprise me if they have discounted bulk shipping rates agreed with Chinapost, at the cost of a slightly slower processing. I would imagine this is in part how they achieve there margins.

Of course all the above is pure conjecture and just food for thought.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:28 pm 

Volitar Prime wrote:
I wish Calvin offered EMS from HK Now Store.

I never used EMS with now store, it never takes more than 2-3 weeks for my order to arrive. I have never failed to receive a package and I must have ordered 100's of times at least for the last 4 years. Probably more and I just don't want to admit it in case my wife reads this. :oops:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:34 am 

I found this info on China post which is interesting.

Register SAL mail by CHINA POST , usually arrive in 4 ~ 6 weeks
SAL mean:If the airplane has the carrying ability of the surplus on that day,it will go with Air,and just fast as AIR (usually arrive in 7 ~ 15 business days),otherwise,it will go with the Sea,and the deliver process isn't in my control,but about 60% ~ 70% package just fast as AIR.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:31 am 

I've had a very poor response when dealing with the general customer service there. I've had an order that I accidentally duplicated which has been sitting on my account for about six months. Thankfully, I didn't pay for it, but it still is there as "ordered" but "unpaid". I requested that they remove it, but they haven't done anything about it.

It's not incredibly pressing, but it's a bit irritating.

Unfortunately, they lost my business pretty much permenantly awhile back. I was trying to order a Bauhinia and realized that I had forgotten my password for their website. I clicked the "I forgot my password" button and the screen indicated that I'd receive an email with a new password in a few minutes. Ten minutes later, no email. So I sent the request again and waited an hour, still no emails.

I bought my Bauhinia from ZCube. Two days later, I got two emails in the space of ten minutes from Champion's Cube Store with my new passwords. A week later, I bought my Eitan's Star from ZCube instead. Both times with ZCube, I used a coupon code and got free shipping; my puzzles arrived in the US from China in about 2 business days. I use guest checkout and never have to worry about forgetting a password.

As far as I'm concerned, if your website requires registration to purchase things, but it lacks the infrastructure to take care of me when I inevitably forget the password because I only log in so many times in a year, it's not worth my time to spend my money at your store.

When it comes to shipping, free shipping is almost always just garbage anyway. It's best to assume that you're going to get the long end of the estimate, with a good possibility that it could take longer. If you really need fast shipping (Personally, Amazon Prime has made me incredibly impatient when it comes to shipping), you'll have to shell out some cash. Lord knows I've spent a pretty fair amount on faster shipping for my puzzle collection... :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:49 am 

Jumbo wrote:
I never used EMS with now store, it never takes more than 2-3 weeks for my order to arrive. I have never failed to receive a package and I must have ordered 100's of times at least for the last 4 years. Probably more and I just don't want to admit it in case my wife reads this. :oops:

I have never failed to receive any package from HK Now Store either but shipping to me from them typically takes 1 month to 6 weeks.