Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Excuse the mess
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:30 am 

Hi Sandy/other moderator :-)

Would it be possible to remove the red "Excuse the mess..." message at the top of every page? It seems that the new version has already found it's style - quite similar to the old version of the forum software.

My only little (recurrent) nag is the menu under the forum logo. For some browsers the menu does not display properly. And in some cases the menu becomes a thin line when reading a thread (refreshing the page seems to fix this issue). So all in all i think there is good reason to find a better working menu. This should not be too hard to fix i guess - the hard work is probably to find a new good looking menu. There are many many menu systems out there - fully compatible with all newer versions of all major browsers. They come in all kinds of flavors but a horisontal popdown menu is a very common style and is the best navigational tool according to many experts and users.

The speed issue mentioned when the new version was implemented i haven't noticed myself. Great job updating the forum !!!

- Per

Post subject: Re: Excuse the mess
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:35 am 

I'm thinking this should be under the comments and suggestion topic??

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:52 pm 

Please take it easy on Sandy. He is working hard to fix the problems that you are talking about with the new forum.

Next time you want to make a thread like this put it in comments and suggestions like Scotty said.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:20 pm 

I'll see what I can do if Sandy doesn't get to it soon.

I'll be moving this weekend to Canberra so time will be tight in the couple of weeks after.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:10 am 

Hi :-)

Sorry for posting in the wrong thread. I have the habit of popping by the forum before im off home from work. In the rush i posted in the wrong forum. At least the post got a broader initial exposure that way.

There's no rush changing the menu - but it ought to be done, nevertheless. For browser compatibility. Then again it's possible most people just bookmark the forum and never use the menu at all.

This site(forum) as well as some yahoo groups, speedsolving.com and Ron's site(s) - including WCA are my main sources of cube related information.

All the best,

Per