Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: moving a comment
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:06 pm 

Hi Sandy,

I got really interested when looking at the Stickered Deluxe that there was a price given, since I've never seen one for sale. I was disappointed to find that example was not for a stickered Deluxe. Would it be hard to move the price information to where it belongs?

Regards,

David J

Post subject: all unread on one page
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:10 pm 

Hi Sandy,

Would it be hard to have an "All Unread on One Page" button, maybe with boxes to check for which forums to include? I think that would be a real time-saver.

egards,

David J

Post subject: Re: all unread on one page
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 2:10 pm 

David J wrote:
Would it be hard to have an "All Unread on One Page" button, maybe with boxes to check for which forums to include? I think that would be a real time-saver.

This is my favourite kind of suggestion! Go back to the index page for the whole site (by clicking the "TwistyPuzzles.com Forum Index" link on the top left of the page just under the grey header), then look for these three options at the top right of the page (again, just under the grey header):

View unanswered posts
View posts since last visit
Mark all forums read

Click "View posts since last visit" to see a list of all threads that have new messages in them.

Sandy

Post subject: Re: moving a comment
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 2:41 pm 

David J wrote:
I got really interested when looking at the Stickered Deluxe that there was a price given, since I've never seen one for sale. I was disappointed to find that example was not for a stickered Deluxe. Would it be hard to move the price information to where it belongs?

The open-ended nature of the submission system leads itself to the occassional error. I try to confirm all of them (and I still haven't written any code to help me do that!), but I hadn't gotten around to it for a few months, so there was a backlog. I just checked some 90 entries, most of which seemed perfect on the face of it, only a few of which required some minor tweaking.

Since I'm on the topic, thanks to everyone for embracing the price tracking system!

I checked out the entry you were talking about. The description sounded like a tiled Deluxe, so I updated the entry accordingly.

Thanks!

Sandy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 7:56 pm 

Quote:
Since I'm on the topic, thanks to everyone for embracing the price tracking system!

Humm...something caught my eye, since i entered the last 2 Dogics that we`re sold, a certain "Donnie" seems to have changed my entry,
stating that the package is "Excellent" intead of "Mint" ?
:?

Michael
:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:37 pm 

Michael wrote:
Humm...something caught my eye, since i entered the last 2 Dogics that we`re sold, a certain "Donnie" seems to have changed my entry, stating that the package is "Excellent" intead of "Mint" ?

You both entered the same item, same price, etc. A few fields were different, but I didn't think that made much of a difference. One man's "mint" is another man's "excellent"!

Anyway, I deleted yours instead of his because his was in a day earlier. Clearly I have to work on the error checking of that whole system to prevent this in the future. I should at least put in a check for duplicate auction item numbers to prevent this in the future.

Sandy