Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Unable to read replies. I'm Confused?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:17 pm 

Sandy, when i log in, i see that there are new posts. when i go to read them i cant see any post except for the Aurthors writings or i see a few post but not all of them. some of these include:

Source for tiles? there are 25 replies but i can only see 12 of them
Rubiks.com 1 reply cant see any
total number of states of the 4x4x4 2 replies cant see any

there are more that i havent listed. is anyone having this same problem? Am i doing something wrong or is there something that i dont know about. can someone please shed some light on this topic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:38 pm 

Adam,

This sounds like an ugly problem, but I suspect it's only happening to you, or I would have heard of it before. Do other topics work, or are all of them like this? Has this always happened or is it new?

Are you on a dial up? Maybe the pages are slow to load and sometimes time out and stop loading? If this is the case, try holding down the SHIFT key while you click the Reload / Refesh button on your browser.

If the problem persists, can you do the following things for me?

1) Go to File | Save As, and save the page as "HTML only" then e-mail it to me (if you know how!). This will allow me to look at the source of the page and see if you're getting it all and it's just not appearing correctly.
2) Take a screen shot of the BOTTOM of the page (if you know how) and e-mail it to me. Might offer a few more clues about what's going on.

BTW, I owe you some puzzles, but you haven't replied to my message from about two or three weeks ago. Should I resend it?

Sandy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:58 pm 

Adam,

Have you tried another browser?

DJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:34 pm 

I suspect a misplaced [td] in the page rendering. However, modern browsers are very forgiving.

Give the new Mozilla Firefox 0.8 a run. This is receiving a lot of good press as a potential IE killer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:39 pm 

Sandy, I notice in posting my reply above that 'lessthan' td 'greaterthan' will break the page formatting. Is there a possibility to filter either char and replace it with:

& gt ;
or
& lt ;

..when the item is submitted? Just means at the moment, someone pasting some html code can effectivly break the format of the page.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 1:48 pm 

i dont know what happened or if you changed something but i am able to see everything again, if you fixed it thank you but if it was just a wierd mishapp then oh well. either way everything is working fine again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 7:15 am 

Adam wrote:
i dont know what happened or if you changed something but i am able to see everything again

I'd love to take credit, but I wasn't planning on getting into the nitty gritty of the HTML code until this morning! Did you upgrade your browser or install a Windows update or anything meanwhile?

Just for kicks... I forgot to ask you what browser and OS you are using. It might be good to know if it's something non-standard so I can keep track of this problem if it ever comes up again with someone else.

Sandy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 11:06 am 

i dont know what happened but one day i wasnt able to read some of the replies then a few days later i was. i am using internet explorer on both computers, home and work. i didnt upgrade anything. at work we have a T1 line and the OS is windows 98, at home i have cable and its windows ME. hopefully this will help you

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]