Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Number of posts per day
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 7:51 am 

I noticed an amusing mistake. In my profile, it says that I do 28.4 posts per day!

That would be true of course only if I posted all the TM posts after I registered.

Jaap's Puzzle Page:
http://www.jaapsch.net/puzzles/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 11:03 am 

Oh, right. The only way to fix it is to change the "joined" date for each user to the date of their very first posting. I can't just change that "posts per day" value, because it's calcuated as required and isn't saved anywhere. I wrote a script and ran it. Your posts per day count should be much more accurate now.

There I go not testing my code again... It wasn't until after I ran the script that I realized not all TwistyPuzzles members had posted on the TwistyMegasite forum. Those who hadn't, accidentally had their joined date moved FORWARD to when they posted their first message here. Those who haven't yet posted a message there or here were unaffected. Sorry about that!

I'd better go make a backup of the database while I'm thinking about it...!

Sandy

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]