Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Help someone to get an account?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:03 am
Hey guys and girls :)

A friend of mine would like to get on TP but can't get his account accepted.
Is there any way I could help him get in? :)

Thanks!

Niko

_________________
3x3x3 Stl's files for sale


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Help someone to get an account?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:32 pm
Location: Bay Area, CA
Have him mention you on the application form. If he has already applied, PM Jin to let him know.

Jin gets to applications in batches, so expect a bit of delay between when someone applies and when they are either accepted or rejected.

Also, make sure he fills out the form fully. Incomplete or sparse forms say "I'm not that interested in joining" really loudly :)

Dave

_________________
Image
LitwinPuzzles.com has info on my puzzles.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Help someone to get an account?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:53 pm
When I got an account here I was accepted.... I realize now I'm pretty lucky to be on such an exclusive forum.

_________________
Roddy Reid


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Help someone to get an account?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 7:36 pm
Location: Kokomo, Indiana USA
Roddy wrote:
When I got an account here I was accepted.... I realize now I'm pretty lucky to be on such an exclusive forum.

This is true. Especially since I have watched my best friend Thomas try several times to get an account here and be rejected every time. He is still applying though. He is a modder, so I think he will have a lot to add when he eventually gets accepted. He reads these forums regardless of the nonacceptance though, so he should fit right in later.

_________________
-Charlie Hurlocker


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Help someone to get an account?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:03 am
Roddy wrote:
When I got an account here I was accepted.... I realize now I'm pretty lucky to be on such an exclusive forum.


Indeed :)
I like this community very much, even tho I'm less into cubing then before, it's great to be part of it :)


Alright thanks Dave :) I'll PM Jin and show him this thread (my friend)


Regards,
Niko

_________________
3x3x3 Stl's files for sale


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Help someone to get an account?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:14 am
I attempted to get an account a few times over the last few months but never any luck!!! I check the site many times a day and when I saw this thread I though I would try again, but my user name and email were in use!!!! Because I was granted an account on july 5 :shock: . I never got an email so today is my first day logging in(and my first post!!). Sorry for the micro highjack!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Help someone to get an account?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:03 am
Welcome to TP :)

_________________
3x3x3 Stl's files for sale


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Help someone to get an account?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 4:48 pm
Location: Hastings, MN, USA
Alokin wrote:
Roddy wrote:
When I got an account here I was accepted.... I realize now I'm pretty lucky to be on such an exclusive forum.


Indeed :)
I like this community very much, even tho I'm less into cubing then before, it's great to be part of it :)


Alright thanks Dave :) I'll PM Jin and show him this thread (my friend)


Regards,
Niko


Same. I just realized that I am among amazing cubers/modders/collectors/ect. and compared to them I am a complete noob. I feel very honored.


I thank everyone who had a part in making this forum, and all of it's members!

You all seem like family to me, except you, yes you, I hate you! ;)

_________________
My website
We will miss you Frank!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Help someone to get an account?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:03 pm
Location: Georgia, USA
LSDJ wrote:
I attempted to get an account a few times over the last few months but never any luck!!! I check the site many times a day and when I saw this thread I though I would try again, but my user name and email were in use!!!! Because I was granted an account on july 5 :shock: . I never got an email so today is my first day logging in(and my first post!!). Sorry for the micro highjack!

LSDJ, that is closely related to a serious problem I also encountered when I applied for my account here. I put in an application after reading the instructions. The instructions said to wait for an email saying I was accepted. I got an email that said that I was accepted, but inactive, and I would receive another email in the next few days after an admin activated my account. I waited and didn't see anything. After a few days, I tried logging in with the ID/password I chose, and I was in. :shock:

If I hadn't went ahead and tried my ID, I wouldn't have known I got activated.

Is there anyone else who got approved, but didn't get an email about the activation?

_________________
My website and my twisty puzzle collection pics.
VIP+ Jade Club Member!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Help someone to get an account?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:32 pm
Location: Tokyo
blizzard_kb wrote:
Is there anyone else who got approved, but didn't get an email about the activation?

Yes. I even clicked the button to send a repeat of my activation mail but didn't get any. I guess the button worked though because all 0 messages were repeated. (Oh yeah, that's where the idea for siamese void 1x1x1's came from.)

_________________
May the force not be with you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Help someone to get an account?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:27 pm
Location: Florida, USA
Haha ya I agree with you guys, I'm not as much into cubing anymore due to many factors but I appreciate all of the friendly people on this forum and glad to be a part of it for almost 2 years! =]

Hope to see your friend on the forums soon!

_________________
Image
^^Made by me^^
Want a custom sig? Send me a PM.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Help someone to get an account?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:03 am
Logan_The_Cuber wrote:
You all seem like family to me, except you, yes you, I hate you! ;)



Dah? :)

_________________
3x3x3 Stl's files for sale


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Help someone to get an account?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:48 pm
Thanks so much for all of the support. It turns out that I have also been in for a while :D (I'm the friend that Nikoli was talking about) :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Help someone to get an account?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:03 am
Who's Nikoli? :)

I'm glad you got thru Zach ;)

_________________
3x3x3 Stl's files for sale


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Help someone to get an account?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:48 pm
oops, typo =D. Sorry Nikola


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Help someone to get an account?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:37 am
blizzard_kb wrote:
LSDJ wrote:
I attempted to get an account a few times over the last few months but never any luck!!! I check the site many times a day and when I saw this thread I though I would try again, but my user name and email were in use!!!! Because I was granted an account on july 5 :shock: . I never got an email so today is my first day logging in(and my first post!!). Sorry for the micro highjack!

LSDJ, that is closely related to a serious problem I also encountered when I applied for my account here. I put in an application after reading the instructions. The instructions said to wait for an email saying I was accepted. I got an email that said that I was accepted, but inactive, and I would receive another email in the next few days after an admin activated my account. I waited and didn't see anything. After a few days, I tried logging in with the ID/password I chose, and I was in. :shock:

If I hadn't went ahead and tried my ID, I wouldn't have known I got activated.

Is there anyone else who got approved, but didn't get an email about the activation?


Haha, the same thing just happened to me. Applied a few months ago, never got an e-mail, but there I am :D .
@ LSDJ : Thanks a lot for your micro highjack, if I had not read your post, I surely would not have discovered this today... :D I'm glad you did.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Forum powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group