Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Rubik's Revolution...
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 7:56 pm 

Did anyone else notice that the Rubik's Revolution is now available?

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... age=search

But http://www.rubiksrevolution.com/ says that there's still 23 more days....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 8:19 pm 

we noticed, and we all hate it. viewtopic.php?t=6602 check out all of our extreme hatred for this evil non twisty non puzzle simon thing. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 10:40 pm 

heh, Yeah, I'm on the hate side of things, At first i thought it was a sick joke and that it was acctualy going to be something that like counts your moves or times you or something cool... lol New Coke. I remember how much i laughed the first time I read that thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 11:00 pm 

You notice, no websites descriptions say that it actually doesnt turn? Its shielding the truth from the wanting public! It is more like a twisty on SIMON SAYS and not a twist on the rubiks cube. And if it is a twist on the rubik's cube, its not a twisty, but a tornado or a hurricane.

New coke. thats right. coke tastes better than ever before. I tried it. i like this better.
- Mr. Cosby

If he likes it so much how come he doesnt take a sip of it in the commercials?

3x3,4x4,pyraminx,square1,magic,puzzle pen, megaminx, alexanders star, supercube, and orb-it.

Visit my site! http://www.geocities.com/nrt2700/
Supercube solution on it!
Accidentally put a bad link :( its fixed now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 3:22 am 

It seems that the damage (which is also financial in the long term) of the reputation of the Rubik's products, is going to be quite daunting.

In my humble opinion, it would have be much more efficient, had Rubik's marketed some of the absolutely brilliant designs we have seen in this forum.

Instead, they chose to leave behind the real puzzles and concentrate on some ridiculous toys.

It is such a shame. Even if they didn't want to use cuboids, with today's technology, and with the funding they can provide, they could have easily created a small miracle without much effort and with just a little bit of creativity. It is beyond my mind why they chose to go forward with a Franken-Simon...

:?

Pantazis

Educational R&D, Gravity, 4D Symmetry, Puzzle Ninja, Matrix Mech, Alien Technology.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 12:46 pm 

kastellorizo wrote:
It seems that the damage (which is also financial in the long term) of the reputation of the Rubik's products, is going to be quite daunting.

In my humble opinion, it would have be much more efficient, had Rubik's marketed some of the absolutely brilliant designs we have seen in this forum.

Instead, they chose to leave behind the real puzzles and concentrate on some ridiculous toys.

It is such a shame. Even if they didn't want to use cuboids, with today's technology, and with the funding they can provide, they could have easily created a small miracle without much effort and with just a little bit of creativity. It is beyond my mind why they chose to go forward with a Franken-Simon...

:?

Pantazis

I doubt it will hurt their reputation with the general public (รก la new Coke) although it's certainly been demonstrated here that the puzzle community won't like Rubik's Revolution.

Don't forget, Rubik's Revenge was a "New Coke" type marketing disaster when it was introduced because 1) it didn't look like the common guy's idea of a Rubik's cube, 2) it was too hard for the common guy to understand, and 3) the common public was watching for it. In contrast, Rubik's Revolution looks like the public's idea of a cube, isn't hard, and isn't getting much media attention.

If it succeeds, it'll probably make a few bucks and be forgotten a year later. If it fizzles, nobody will notice. (Or care.)