Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Rubik's Card Game
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:28 pm 

I saw this on some website, it had no picture, but I decided to take a chance anyways. It came today, here are the pictures. There are 60 cards. For each of the five colors (excluding white), there are two of each card with the edges and corner that color and the center being one of six colors (includes white). Every card has a numerical value in the corner (for tie-breakers). The basic concept:

Place the cards in a 3x3 pattern. Once someone sees three cards with the same edge color, they yell out the color and touch the cards. Then they pick them up. If you lay out more than 9 cards, you start going over the top of the previous ones. If you pick up a card, you pick up it and all the cards underneath. Once someone wins a sixth match, you total your cards. The person with the most is the winner of the round. If you win two rounds, you win.

For "Tricky", you can either match all edges or all centers.

For "Challenge", it's the same as the Tricky, but all the cards must be different. So if you match edges, all the centers must be different. According to the rules:

"In other words, if three cards with red border cubes are spotted, all must have different center colors-like red, white, and green-rather than two or three of the same center color."
I just say that because of how the cards are, you'll never get three the exact same.

If you call a match but there isn't one, you have to sit out until someone makes a match.

Once again, an official Rubik's product that doesn't seem to be much fun, much like the Jigsaw puzzle. Why can't they stick with actual rotational puzzles?

If someone is interested in getting one, I'd be willing to trade for something small. The box has "$4.95" on it, so hopefully that deters someone from trying to sell them overpriced on Ebay, but I'm sure someone unethical will.

Attachments:
File comment: Front of card
rubikscardfront.jpg
rubikscardfront.jpg [ 25.48 KiB | Viewed 731 times ]
File comment: The box
rubikscardbox.jpg
rubikscardbox.jpg [ 44.5 KiB | Viewed 731 times ]
File comment: Back of card
rubikscardback.jpg
rubikscardback.jpg [ 20.01 KiB | Viewed 730 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:51 am 

what website did you find it on?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:10 am 

Sounds a lot like this game: http://www.setgame.com/set/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:49 am 

I got it through "ToyWiz". Go to Amazon.com, search for "rubik's card", and buy it through their affiliate program.