Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Meffert's News: KOKONOTSU SUPER SUDOKU
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:25 pm 

This is the news item discussed elsewhere.
Anyone who wants Meffert's news can sign up to his mailing list at his website. He sends it out only a few times a year.

Dear Puzzle Lovers:

This is just to let you know that I have not given up on bringing you the 7x7x7 cube. We are getting
closer! Also, I will soon introduce some old puzzles of mine that have been sitting in a drawer
collecting dust.

Now, for something even more exciting: No doubt most of you have heard of sudoku, the print puzzle
that is taking the publishing world by storm. In June 1972, I created my own unique adaptation of
the old Chinese magic square that I called MagicNine back then. KOKONOTSU SUPER SUDOKU evolved out
of that and goes beyond ordinary sudoku by adding a fourth and fifth dimension. Other sudoku puzzles
only require players to place numerals 1 through 9 in each row, column and 3x3 box. KOKONOTSU adds
the two major diagonals. Also, there is a Magic Puzzle Heart which enables clever players to solve
the puzzles more quickly, plus a unique four-number solution code to quickly check if one has solved
the puzzle correctly, a necessity during competitions. These features add elements of challenge and
discovery that are missing in ordinary sudoku. Try solving a KOKONOTSU puzzle yourself and youll
quickly get the idea.

Sudoku puzzles are known as number nine puzzles, and Kokonotsu is a nine-letter Japanese word that
means simply nine. KOKONOTSU is actually older than sudoku. It is based on the ancient Chinese
magic device known as the Lo Shu Square. As many of you know, this is a mathematical number grid
dating back to 2200 B.C. that symbolized the natural order and harmony of the Universe.
Later variations were the "Magic Squares" and "Latin Squares" rediscovered by the Swiss
mathematician Leonhard Euler in the 18th Century.

I am happy to offer you all FREE DOWNLOADS for unlimited play of the PC Beginners 4x4 grid version,
plus our new KOKONOTSU SUPER SUDOKU online puzzles in four difficulty levels, please go to our new
http://www.kokonotsu.info site.

The PC version costing $14.99 can be ordered direct from our secure online shop for only US$9.99
saving you $5.00. If you have a high volum website now would be a good time to become an Affiliate
Member and receive 10% for all orders that originate from your site. We will soon start our regular
KOKONOTSU online weekly, monthly and annual Puzzle competitions with super prices.

The PC version was programmed by Noel Dillabough and the Java online version by Jaap Scherphuis.
Well done to both of you!

You may also offer to your local newspaper--FREE--full-color ready-to-print KOKONOTSU SUPER SUDOKU
puzzles, to use as they like. Yes, I said FREE. Were making this offer to spread the word of
KOKONOTSU SUPER SUDOKU more quickly; this can be bundled with an online version of the Newspapers
puzzle of the day. If youre interested in this, please let me know and I will send you some basic
information to forward to your local newspapers, media syndicates or advertising agencies.

Should you wish to be removed from this mailing list; just click "Reply" and type "Remove" in the
subject line. We had a serious virus infection and had to use an old backup copy of our mailing
list, so if some of you after having asked to be removed from our mailing-list, receive this mail,
please accept my apologies for that.

Happy Puzzling!
Uwe Meffert

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:45 pm 

I just got this today. Mine had an addition on top though.

Hi! To all Puzzle Enthusiasts

I am please to offer all Meffert's Puzzles Affiliate Members to feature Free KOKONOTSU SUPER SUDOKU
Puzzles on their HP daily. These link directly to our SUPER SUDOKU puzzles of the day in 5 difficulty
levels. Having more traffic via your site to ours will result in more commission to you whilst
doing your friends a favour. You can also in turn make the same offer to other high traffic sites
via your site. The Download Banner Icons will be available from our Website shortly.

New DOGIC release: All 5 models including a new 2 colors and 20 color version, plus limited signed
collector^Òs edition of all five models will be available shortly.

I heard that a large number of you did not receive my last Newsletter, so the whole text is repeated
below.

Happy puzzling
Uwe