Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Stronger Bars Design for my Puzzles
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:09 pm 

After lots of experimenting I have updated my origonal Ethereal Maze Puzzles with a stronger bars design. This makes for a much stiffer and sturdier maze. This should also prevent any problems of mazes getting bent when they are packed to tightly for shipping by Shapeways. The results are great, these mazes have a whole new solid feel to them.

My origonal mazes; Escher's Playground, Floating Labyrinth and Zig Zag Zog have now all been updated on my Shapeways shop with the new stronger bars design. Origonally I had used square bars for the mazes. In the new design I increase the diameter of the bars and also rounded them. I have also added a few bars here and there on these mazes where they could use some strengthening. I also filleted all the joints where multiple bars meet at right angles. This adds a small amount of material at each of the joints, which is rounded off. This makes each joint much stronger. I have been using this type of design on all my other mazes such as Snaking Stairways, and it got such great results I decided to update my origonal mazes to use it.

So if you had ordered one of my origonal mazes in the past, the same mazes are now much stiffer and sturdier. The new versions of these use more plastic, but I have kept the same low price.

Ethereal Maze Puzzles are a new type of rolling ball 3D maze puzzle I invented in 2010. They are mazes that you solve by rolling a ball through an innovative new three dimensional lattice structure which forms the maze paths. With their convoluted lattice structure they can also be enjoyed as captivating and intriging sculptural works of art.

All my mazes are available at my Ethereal Maze Puzzles Shapeways Shop.

For videos and more information please visit my Youtube Channel and Facebook page

Enjoy!

Attachments:
File comment: Escher's Playground with ball in the maze
TpEin.jpg
TpEin.jpg [ 23.3 KiB | Viewed 298 times ]
File comment: Escher's Playground, Floating Labyrinth and Zig Zag Zog (smallest)
TpEfzOut.jpg
TpEfzOut.jpg [ 23.95 KiB | Viewed 298 times ]