The pieces were held together by connections underneath the puzzles, similar to the BioShock puzzles.
They were on both sides of each sliding plane so the pieces could be moved correctly
Sorry, i'm not getting how this is done at all - could you link me to the pieces you are talking about on the lego pick a brick page?
Here's the link: http://shop.lego.com/pab/
Edit: If anyone else knows what pieces Jorbs3210 is talking about please let me know as it's been a while with no reply and i would love this puzzle to move a bit better if possible!
Here are some photos with the black background:
DSCN1569.JPG [ 1.31 MiB | Viewed 1271 times ]
DSCN1570.JPG [ 1.26 MiB | Viewed 1271 times ]
I'm still working/waiting for parts on the uriblock, not in as big a rush to do it now that i see how poor the movement is of the lego zauberkreuz but if i ever get it finished i will post here.
Edit 2: Decided to get rid of the baseboard as it was too bulky. Here is my ZEBRAkreuz
DSCN1580.JPG [ 1.11 MiB | Viewed 1250 times ]
I used smooth 2x2's instead of the crossroads baseboard to allow the pieces to slide, this had the unintended effect of improving the movement as the pieces now slide in little bumps which lines the pieces up better for their next move. I also put colour tiles on the base so the pieces need to be put in the correct position now too which makes the puzzle even harder
I decided to also put the smooth tiles around the top to finish off the puzzle so got rid of the white pieces and also changed some of the stickers to make it more "opposite":
DSCN1586.JPG [ 1.13 MiB | Viewed 1250 times ]
Here's the back:
DSCN1587.JPG [ 1.19 MiB | Viewed 1250 times ]
I am now much happier with my puzzle's size and movement. I still have an idea that may improve the movement even more but i won't be doing anything with it for a while. If i do make the changes i'll post it here.