Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Nemesis Factor
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 9:06 am 

Hi to all,

Just wondering if any one on here has played with Nemesis Factor by Hasbro. I recently got one on eBay and I'm hooked. It has 100 stages and I'm stuck on 62. This game actually talks to you and also involves sounds, lights and memory. At the higher stages there are additional "tools" you learn to use (don't want to give anything away for those not up that level yet). I know its not a twisty puzzle technicaly but still I think most on here would find it a challenge.

just my two cents,
Gabe

Post subject: Re: Nemesis Factor
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 12:49 pm 

Yup i got one for christmas 2 years ago. I was hooked for a couple days and then got thoroughly annoyed. I think i made it to the 70's but i honestley can't say. I'll have to dig it back out :)
jake

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 2:39 pm 

I just got mine. I've only got up to level 11 because I have to fight my 20 month old daughter for it. She loves the noise and the lights. swaping it with a lights out cube or the luminations didn't work.
To all you parents out there, take a piece of advice. Don't play with your little ones around. It leads to loss of puzzle, sanity, tempertantrums and headache. Every time I start something Katherine takes it away. I tried giving her old puzzles I don't care about, but she seems to know it's not the one I want.
I shouldn't complain though, at least she's interested. There WILL be a new generation of twisty puzzle lovers!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 11:39 pm 
Imogen my 3 year old just loves mixing up my puzzles. I just can't leave them mixed, and I'm not that fast at most of them.

One morning I woke up to a huge crash, she had got in my office and tried to climb the bookshelves where I keep my puzzles. One shelf gave way and sent puzzles everywhere. No serious damage, but a hell of a mess.

Another funny one. We don't do much strict discipline in our house, our scariest threat is to confiscate a toy, you know the sort of thing "I will count to 5 and if ... isn't done, your ... will go to the charity shop". Never get to 5 though ;) Well she did it the other day. Hands on hips, with big frown; "Right daddy, I've had enough of this nonsense, if you don't take me swimming your Rubik's cubes will go in the bin. 1, 2, 3..." I guess she doesn't know how to get to the charity shop! After I stopped laughing, we went swimming. I'm just too soft.

Max

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 11:59 pm 
Speaking of "charity shop." My 2 year old son sent a few of my own puzzles into trash bin when he got into throwing things away for fun. Among the items were a Rubik's Rings, Octagon puzzle from the 80's, A Whip-it, and original Ideal Rubik's cube. I keep my puzzle much higher once I discovered what was happening.

Always Cubing,
Duane "Rubix" Cash
Rubix Corner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 11:59 pm 
Ouch!

Max