Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Isis puzzles. Any hands on experiences here?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:52 pm 

These things are neat, at least what I've found about them, which is very little information. I've read about treasure hunts and stuff like that associated with solving them and obtaining a clue inside. Thats not what interests me, I'm interested in how they work. What is the mechanism, what make these things tic that makes them so , supposedly, difficult to solve?

Does anyone here have any hands on with any of these very expensive, but beautiful puzzles?
(I still think Taylors' danger cube is more appealing a buy though....)

Post subject: Re: Isis puzzles. Any hands on experiences here?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:59 pm 

I bought one of these when they first came out. Free shipping in the UK so it sat at a friends mothers house for the better part of a year until he went home for summer vacation. When I got it, I played around a bit and then one day. POP! I have to say, I didn't open it the way I should have. I got ticked and threw it out the window onto the playground below. It bounced, got a ding, but slid right open.

I bought the Ncryptor from them too. Don't waste your money unless you want the computer game inside. It's an old mechanism that took seconds to work out. When I reset it and gave it to my daughter (5 1/2 at the time) she worked it out within minutes as well. (Think money) But the light up eyes are cool.

Isis II (Rameses) should be on the way soon. There have been quite a few hicups with that one and hte release date keeps getting pushed back. just over 3 months now I think.

As for the online stuff, I haven't done any. For me it's the "Beauty" of the puzzles themselves.

pm me if you really want to know what is inside.