Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Shengshou 13x13x13
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:02 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:14 am
Location: Slovenia
Pre-Sale order:

http://www.eachbyte.com/pre-sale-order-shengshou-13x13-cube-white.html

Nice, but the price??


Edit:

"The price hasnt been fixed yet.Pls add it to your cart and pay after we adjust the price.
As we havent got the photo of the cube from our manufacture yet,the picture here on our website now is just for show. We will replace it as soon as the manufacture release it."

:)


Last edited by Valentin on Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Shengshou 13x13x13
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:56 am
Location: The Netherlands
That will go down in a little while. ;)

No way am I doing a presale anymore :lol: Just wait, and the price will drop.

_________________
“I am no bird, no net ensnares me.”
― Charlotte Brontë


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Shengshou 13x13x13
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:52 am
Hmm. Interesting.
The first and only non V-Cube higher order cube that I might buy.

_________________
Life is simple.
eat. sleep. train. repeat.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Shengshou 13x13x13
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:53 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:44 am
I thought YJ was producing the 13x13x13?

AMC


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Shengshou 13x13x13
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:26 am
Just for anyone thinking of ordering from this site (not that I'd recommend it at these prices - $100 for a skewb? :lol: )
the coupon code "eachbyte_discount7%" gives you, surprisingly, 7% off your order. I just checked and its still working now.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Shengshou 13x13x13
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:07 am
Location: Germany, Bavaria
Please, be kindly reminded that the 13x13x13 is not covered by the Verdes patent. So, it is not KO.
All other cubes > 8x8x8 and < 12x12x12 are considered KOs by the rules of this site.
All links or hints where to buy them contradict the TP KO policy.

EDIT: The Verdes patent covers cubes up to 11x11x11.

_________________
My collection at: http://sites.google.com/site/twistykon/home


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Shengshou 13x13x13
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:43 pm
Location: Shelby Township, MI. USA
AMatureCuber wrote:
I thought YJ was producing the 13x13x13?

AMC

I think they are making the pillowed one. It is good to see a non-pillowed one also coming out. Competition is good :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Shengshou 13x13x13
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:09 pm
Location: Missouri
Volitar Prime wrote:
I think they are making the pillowed one. It is good to see a non-pillowed one also coming out. Competition is good :)
How do you know this is a non-pillowed one? The picture on the front of the box is an 8x8x8.

Carl

_________________
-
Image

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Shengshou 13x13x13
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:21 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 7:37 pm
Konrad wrote:
Please, be kindly reminded that the 13x13x13 is not covered by the Verdes patent. So, it is not KO.
All other cubes > 8x8x8 and < 13x13x13 are considered KOs by the rules of this site.
All links or hints where to buy them contradict the TP KO policy.

As far as I am aware a 12x12x12 would not be considered KO either, unless you are taking into account Leslie's.
If Moyu has patented the 13x13x13 then this could be a KO. Does anyone know how to check if there is one for it?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Shengshou 13x13x13
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:07 am
Location: Germany, Bavaria
Tony Fisher wrote:
...
As far as I am aware a 12x12x12 would not be considered KO either, unless you are taking into account Leslie's.
If Moyu has patented the 13x13x13 then this could be a KO. Does anyone know how to check if there is one for it?
Yes, of course you are correct.
As far as I know, a mass-produced 12x12x12 does not exist yet.
I'm going to correct my post above.

_________________
My collection at: http://sites.google.com/site/twistykon/home


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Shengshou 13x13x13
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 7:37 pm
Before anyone rushes into buying this please consider the following-
It's not unusual for puzzles to come in boxes with different puzzles shown on the front or sides but this is clearly a photoshopped 8x8x8 box. It even has the 8x8x8 on the top they were too lazy to change. In addition the 13x13x13 is at the wrong angle and you can see part of the 8x8x8 underneath. Plus of course a 13x13x13 is very unlikely to fit in a 8x8x8 box. Looking around the site they have also photoshopped the same box for other puzzles. This doesn't prove it's fake or a scam and could be something they knocked up to avoid a blank box while waiting for a real photo. Once again though I would advise extreme caution. The puzzle is not showing up anywhere else on searches so it's very suspicious.
The price is also dodgy. Remember a 13x13x13 is less complex / extreme than a Petaminx so it should be retailing around $180- $240. Please wait until you see it listed elsewhere also before throwing money at this.

Image

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Shengshou 13x13x13
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:51 pm
Location: Bedford, England
Even if it is real, Eachbyte is expensive in general, wait until some of the cheaper sites stock it, they will sell it for much less I'm sure.

_________________
My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/martywolfman?feature=plcp Now in 1080p HD!

Latest videos: Unboxing Burgo's incredible Crazy 2 Face B4 kit, Calvins 2x4x6


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Shengshou 13x13x13
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:14 am
Location: Slovenia
Here is one more page:

http://www.seattlepuzzles.com/shengshou-cube-shengshou-13x13x13-magic-cube-black-pre-sale.html

:D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Shengshou 13x13x13
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:41 pm
I find it very unlikely that ShengShou would go right for the 13x13x13 without manufacturing an 11x11x11 first. Combined with the photoshopped picture, I kinda suspect a scam.

-Skunk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Shengshou 13x13x13
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:48 pm
Skunk wrote:
I find it very unlikely that ShengShou would go right for the 13x13x13 without manufacturing an 11x11x11 first. Combined with the photoshopped picture, I kinda suspect a scam.

-Skunk


**I made a mistake in this post. I meant Moyu's 13x13, not Shengshou. Sorry for the mix-up.**
I can't speak much for the pre-order links (300 USD is steep, but makes sense), but I can assure that a 13x13 is in the works as we've seen pictures of it as well as the pamphlet showing the mechanism too. As for jumping to the 13 and skipping the 11, I only say it makes sense due to the existence of an 11x11 already (I'll avoid links as that puzzle is a KO). And even then SS has jumped ahead before in regards to which puzzles they've released.

If this came off as rude, my apologies as I don't intend it to be.


On another note, the pictured box as Tony pointed out does have some mistakes such as 13x13x13 on the front, but 8x8x8 on the top. The thing that gets me is that this would be considerably hard to miss, but in the pictured angle it seems like it would be easy to miss too. I want to see more about this puzzle, but until then I would personally hold off from purchasing a pre-order until a well-known source shares info on release.

Also, why is it known as "photoshopped" when there are tools that do the same, and can be just as efficient that aren't Photoshop? It's almost as if image manipulation is always associated with Photoshop. It's not a big deal, it's a small pet peeve of mine as I use Gimp but so few people I talk to don't know what it is :? .

I still look forward to the 13x13 regardless, but will wait for a more credible site to purchase it.

-Chris

_________________
I should probably find a better signature....


Last edited by NXTgen on Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Shengshou 13x13x13
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:35 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:41 pm
NXTGen wrote:
I can assure that a 13x13 is in the works as we've seen pictures of it as well as the pamphlet showing the mechanism too.

Do you have a link to a picture of the pamphlet?

NXTgen wrote:
If this came off as rude, my apologies as I don't intend it to be.

You didn't. At least I didn't read it that way. :D

NXTgen wrote:
Also, why is it known as "photoshopped" when there are tools that do the same, and can be just as efficient that aren't Photoshop? It's almost as if image manipulation is always associated with Photoshop. It's not a big deal, it's a small pet peeve of mine as I use Gimp but so few people I talk to don't know what it is :? .

I used the word without thinking about it. In Germany, where I live, nobody says 'manipulated image' anymore. (Or only if they want to avoid the association with the specific brand). You always hear 'It's photoshopped.' I don't know whether the situations similar in the native English-speaking countries? But here it's definitely similar to everybody saying 'band-aids' when referring to adhesive strips. (We actually don't have that particular genericized trademark, but I think you get my meaning.)
I can see why it would bother some people, especially since it seems to devalue the status of image manipulating software that isn't Photoshop, but I think it's a normal progress of language. And people that actually use image manipulating software on a regular basis are at least on a superficial level familiar with alternatives, I think.
The fact, that you usually say 'Band-Aid' doesn't automatically mean that you'll only buy adhesive strips from this particular brand, does it? It's just that more people cut their fingers than manipulate images, therefore they're more familiar with adhesive strips than with software.

Just my 2 cents.

-Skunk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Shengshou 13x13x13
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:48 pm
Skunk wrote:
NXTGen wrote:
I can assure that a 13x13 is in the works as we've seen pictures of it as well as the pamphlet showing the mechanism too.


Do you have a link to a picture of the pamphlet?

It's here, and although it's not the greatest -as it was from a video- it is the pamphlet I'm referring to.

Skunk wrote:
NXTgen wrote:
Also, why is it known as "photoshopped" when there are tools that do the same, and can be just as efficient that aren't Photoshop? It's almost as if image manipulation is always associated with Photoshop. It's not a big deal, it's a small pet peeve of mine as I use Gimp but so few people I talk to don't know what it is :? .


I used the word without thinking about it. In Germany, where I live, nobody says 'manipulated image' anymore. (Or only if they want to avoid the association with the specific brand). You always hear 'It's photoshopped.' I don't know whether the situations similar in the native English-speaking countries? But here it's definitely similar to everybody saying 'band-aids' when referring to adhesive strips. (We actually don't have that particular genericized trademark, but I think you get my meaning.)
I can see why it would bother some people, especially since it seems to devalue the status of image manipulating software that isn't Photoshop, but I think it's a normal progress of language. And people that actually use image manipulating software on a regular basis are at least on a superficial level familiar with alternatives, I think.
The fact, that you usually say 'Band-Aid' doesn't automatically mean that you'll only buy adhesive strips from this particular brand, does it? It's just that more people cut their fingers than manipulate images, therefore they're more familiar with adhesive strips than with software.

Just my 2 cents.

-Skunk

I enjoy hearing how things are used in other regions, and this was quite fun to read. I only mention it as it's quite common to hear in conversations I have with others I know, whether in person or online. I understand what you are saying, and don't have a problem with it, I just wonder at times. I will say, it is easier to say as opposed to "edited" or "modified" which fits better in some cases, but I personally try to avoid using it so I have the opportunity to say, "I didn't use photoshop." as I do image manipulation on the side. It sparks interest more than half the time, but then dies down after I say "It's pretty much the same, and just as good, but it isn't photoshop."

Personally, as long as the message is understood, I'm happy. This time I wondered if there was an explanation to why it's used so often.

Skunk wrote:
NXTgen wrote:
If this came off as rude, my apologies as I don't intend it to be.


You didn't. At least I didn't read it that way. :D

Well that's certainly good to hear (or read in this context) :lol: .

I love knowledge, and reading this at almost 3AM was something fun :lol: ... I should probably sleep :shock: .

-Chris

_________________
I should probably find a better signature....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Shengshou 13x13x13
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:00 am
Location: Jarrow, England
Many leading brands of products have become synonymous with their purpose. In the UK, I would hoover the house, sit in a jacuzzi and sellotape a parcel. See here for a comprehensive list. Oh, and don't forget rubiks = any twisty puzzle to most people.

_________________
My Shapeways Shop: http://www.shapeways.com/shops/gus_shop

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Shengshou 13x13x13
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:14 am
Location: Slovenia
I edited my first post.

:)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Shengshou 13x13x13
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:51 pm
Location: Bedford, England
NXTgen wrote:

I can't speak much for the pre-order links (300 USD is steep, but makes sense), but I can assure that a 13x13 is in the works as we've seen pictures of it as well as the pamphlet showing the mechanism too.


Yes, but that's a pillowed version by Moyu, not a flat version by Shengshou

_________________
My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/martywolfman?feature=plcp Now in 1080p HD!

Latest videos: Unboxing Burgo's incredible Crazy 2 Face B4 kit, Calvins 2x4x6


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Shengshou 13x13x13
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:48 pm
Whoops, my apology. I typed without thinking on that portion. Yes, I meant Moyu NOT Shengshou. I will say that with all the new stuff coming out from both I began to lose track of which one made what.

I've made a note in my earlier post that I meant Moyu, not Shengshou.

Sorry everyone! :oops:

-Chris

_________________
I should probably find a better signature....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Shengshou 13x13x13
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:30 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:50 am
I can responsibly say,all about 13x13 cube news was not true.At present, whether Moyu or shengshou was not ready for release.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Shengshou 13x13x13
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:56 am
Location: The Netherlands
Can you provide some actual proof to this? Are you a representative of Moyu or Shengshou?

_________________
“I am no bird, no net ensnares me.”
― Charlotte Brontë


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Shengshou 13x13x13
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:00 am
Location: Jarrow, England
It takes a long time for puzzles of this complexity to go from prototypes to production. I would suggest that sites like these are just speculating about new products and taking your money well in advance of the products being available. Then the money is in their bank accounts and not yours. I'm not saying that they are doing anything dishonest, and you will probably get your cubes, but that's not to say that you will get them any quicker than someone ordering from hknowstore at a much later date.

_________________
My Shapeways Shop: http://www.shapeways.com/shops/gus_shop

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Shengshou 13x13x13
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:56 am
Location: The Netherlands
True.. but I can understand if you are going for it when they are listed at 1/3 of a later price like Valentin got for the moyu in the other thread ;) :)

_________________
“I am no bird, no net ensnares me.”
― Charlotte Brontë


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Shengshou 13x13x13
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:06 pm
Location: France
Another web site with the shengshou 13x13, but the moyu 13x13 too !!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Shengshou 13x13x13
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 7:37 pm
Cristhenice wrote:
Another web site with the shengshou 13x13, but the moyu 13x13 too AND the yyyy 11x11!!!
Link: xxxxxxxx

Your link violates the forum rules about KO puzzles.
[Moderator]We have reason to assume that company yyyy violates the Verdes patent. I have therefore removed the name and the link in Christhenice's post.[/Moderator]

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Shengshou 13x13x13
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:06 pm
Tony Fisher wrote:
Cristhenice wrote:
Another web site with the shengshou 13x13, but the moyu 13x13 too AND the yyyy 11x11!!!
Link: xxxxxxxx

Your link violates the forum rules about KO puzzles.
[Moderator]We have reason to assume that company yyyy violates the Verdes patent. I have therefore removed the name and the link in Christhenice's post.[/Moderator]

i am a bit unclear on this point:

[Removed] has been a regular violator of the Verdes patent, and i believe i've seen their name—and nothing else—stricken from previous posts.
  is it okay to mention them in the context of a puzzle that is not in violation of a patent?

if i were to include no reference to a puzzle or website, could i then mention the name ZCube?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Shengshou 13x13x13
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:32 pm
Location: Bay Area, CA
crypticat wrote:
i am a bit unclear on this point:

[Removed] has been a regular violator of the Verdes patent, and i believe i've seen their name—and nothing else—stricken from previous posts.
  is it okay to mention them in the context of a puzzle that is not in violation of a patent?

if i were to include no reference to a puzzle or website, could i then mention the name ZCube?
Please read here for some detail on the matter and note patent is only one aspect that is factored in. I have edited your post as well. As you will read our policy is about respect, and context plays a great role in what is or is not respectful.
Saying the name of a company absent the context of a KO puzzle isn't being disrespectful. I don't know any company that *only* produces KO puzzles and therefore can be condemned in their entirety. In fact I don't know of web sites with just KO puzzles either, and we don't restrict people from posting links to sites that might happen to have some KO puzzles in their catalog as long as you don't link directly to them. If you link to a common page where a KO puzzle is featured or prominent that would perhaps not be acceptable either. These are not black and white rules and we expect people to use good judgment, and ask a Moderator/Admin if you are not sure.

In a statement like "[Removed] is a regular violator" even an individual puzzle isn't necessary for the context to be disrespectful. Let's not call out companies or web sites as places to go to get KO puzzles. It isn't nice to those in our community who have given us valuable gifts.

If you want more context, search for posts with "DLitwin" as the author and "respect" as a keyword. That should give you plenty.

Dave :)

_________________
Image
LitwinPuzzles.com has info on my puzzles.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Shengshou 13x13x13
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:06 pm
Location: France
Sorry to have written this clumsy message. I didn't know that 11x11 was a KO puzzles and I don't want to violate the rules of the forum. Sorry everybody.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Forum powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group