Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: TomZ & mf8 3x4x5 Cube Black Body
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:53 pm 

The prototype I received was significantly too loose but it was easy to tighten and after that it turns well enough and it definitely isn't popping. Not sure what is causing these issues.
I should receive a few more copies soon so I'll have a larger sample size. I don't think your problems are caused by missing parts because I can safely remove an internal edge and it still works better than what you describe.

Buy my mass produced puzzles at Mefferts:
- 4x4x6 Cuboid for just $38
- Curvy Copter for just $18
- 3x4x5 Cuboid for just $34

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:15 am 

Gus wrote:
I've just received my 3x4x5 and I have big problems with it. It is very loose. I tightened the screws but that made the turning very bad! So I slackened the screws again and tried to break it in. The 4x5 faces turn good. The 3x5 faces turn good. But the 3x4 faces, especially the very end ones, are terrible. On one end it is so bad that it is impossible to turn it without firmly gripping the next layer down. If I don't, the centre two cubies on the 4 side always do this:
... It seems like there may be a piece missing on the inside. Has anyone else had this problem?

You can try to adjust the screw below, then it should be OK.
Attachment:
adjust the screw.jpg
adjust the screw.jpg [ 151.91 KiB | Viewed 7426 times ]

- from Hong Kong

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:29 pm 

Is this one of the six screws which connect into the core (two are hidden under the caps on the 3x5 sides)? Because I've tried tightening all six screws the varying amounts but these
Attachment:
cubies.png
cubies.png [ 162.41 KiB | Viewed 7382 times ]
cubies on both sides can pop at almost any time.

In your picture, on which side (3x4, 3x5, 4x5) is the screw you show? Is it the 4x5 side?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:34 pm 

Correct. I believe the screw is to hold the part that bandages the core to that piece.

Buy the Curvy Copter Skewb, NovaMinx, and more here!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:28 pm 

Received mine in the mail today and recorded an unboxing & quick overview. Will edit & upload tomorrow hopefully.

-Jack

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:51 am 

Gus wrote:
Is this one of the six screws which connect into the core (two are hidden under the caps on the 3x5 sides)? Because I've tried tightening all six screws the varying amounts but these
Attachment:
The attachment cubies.png is no longer available
cubies on both sides can pop at almost any time.

In your picture, on which side (3x4, 3x5, 4x5) is the screw you show? Is it the 4x5 side?

Attachment:
01.jpg
01.jpg [ 27.78 KiB | Viewed 7239 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:33 am 

I am having a problem with mine falling apart too. It's the first time I sat down to solve it today and it was fine for quite a while and then it just fell apart like Gus was explaining. I disassembled it to find the screw to adjust it.. it is not an adjustment screw.. it is a screw that holds 2 parts together permanently (an internal part in between 2 (4) edge pieces is screwed to one of the (4) edge pieces). In my puzzle only one (4) edge piece groups has the screw, the other 3 edge groups have no screw, is this supposed to be the case?

The screw wasn't very tight, and I haven't had luck with those kinds of screws before so I tightened it down and glued it. But the cube is still very loose and catchy on the outer (4X3) face turns, it can pop at any time. They seem to catch on the centre pieces that Gus pointed out. Do you suggest gluing the other 3 internals to one of the (4) edges, you would have to do them all on the same side right? (either left or right).

Any other tips for adjustments would be welcome. How did you go Gus?

Thanks,
Burgo.

PB 3x3 55sec Jan 2011 (When I was a kid 1:30 was speedcubing so I'm stoked).
1st 3x3 Earth (nemesis) solve Jan 2011 My You Tube (Now has ALLCrazy 3X3 Planets with Reduction)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:17 pm 

After much dissassembly and reassembly the puzzle does seem to be getting better, the difference might have been made by gluing `that` piece, AND lubing the surface of the ball in the core (which seemed to make a big difference).

Overall, I think the puzzle is quite loose and minor catches in the outer (3X4) layer can still lead to catastrophic pops. Like Gus said: a little bit of pressure across the centre pieces (in the adjacent inner layer) while twisting these can ensure that it does not pop.

I am still interested if gluing the other 3 internal parts to the remaining 3 `(4) edges` is advisable?

With the `adjustments and the technique` turning wasn't too bad and I was able to put in my first solve.. a very enjoyable challenge, and now I see how to solve the 4x5x6 also :) .

Cheers,
Burgo.

1st 3x3 Earth (nemesis) solve Jan 2011 My You Tube (Now has ALLCrazy 3X3 Planets with Reduction)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:01 am 

I find it fascinating that the two center pieces on two different sides - the 3x4 face and the 4x5 face, are functionally identical and can be interchanged physically or by algorithms. The 3x4 center is one cubie taller than the 4x5 center, but otherwise identical.

I'm happy with my 3x4x5 cube as it arrived in the box. I've not attempted to lube, retention, or disassemble it and don't believe it's necessary for my particular sample. Still, care must be taken during rotation not to pop the parts. I imagined if you tried to speedsolve it or cut corners, it would explode pieces everywhere.

Also, I've made some quite fascinating 3D patterns with it, but I've not done a full scramble yet. I've solved Garret's 2x3x4 a couple of times without algorithms or help, and look foreward to my first full scramble/solve on this new beast. My 3x4x5 looks great sitting next it's smaller 2x3x4 Shapeways sibling. I used Cubesmith 4x4x4 textured tiles on the custom 2x3x4 and small-size 3x3x3 textured tiles on the 3x4x5. :solved:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:02 am 

Burgo wrote:
I tried adjusting that screw, but as you said it is not really there for "turning tuning" (I like that phrase!) but just to hold the pieces together. My screws were tight anyway. I haven't tried gluing anything yet, as I hope a less drastic solution might be found.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:43 am 

Gus wrote:
Burgo wrote:
I tried adjusting that screw, but as you said it is not really there for "turning tuning" (I like that phrase!) but just to hold the pieces together. My screws were tight anyway. I haven't tried gluing anything yet, as I hope a less drastic solution might be found.

Try not to tighten up the screw, but loose the screw a lit bit to adjust the turning.

- from Hong Kong

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:29 am 

stardust4ever wrote:
I find it fascinating that the two center pieces on two different sides - the 3x4 face and the 4x5 face, are functionally identical and can be interchanged physically or by algorithms. The 3x4 center is one cubie taller than the 4x5 center, but otherwise identical...I've solved Garret's 2x3x4 a couple of times without algorithms or help, and look foreward to my first full scramble/solve on this new beast. My 3x4x5 looks great sitting next it's smaller 2x3x4 Shapeways sibling. I used Cubesmith 4x4x4 textured tiles on the custom 2x3x4 and small-size 3x3x3 textured tiles on the 3x4x5. :solved:
I have Cubesmith tiles on my Garrett's 4x4x5 and TomZ's 3x4x5 as well.
My Garrett's 2x3x4 has stickers and is probably an earlier version. I prefer Cubesmith tiles whenever I can get some :) Maybe I'll order a bunch 4x4x4 tiles and make them all consistent.
My Traiphum's 2x3x4 is a handmade masterpiece with stickers too.

I had found the 4x4x5 and 2x3x4 quite a bit easier to solve than the 3x4x5.
Maybe this is different for different individuals, but to me the 3x4x5 somehow has a dazzling factor :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:14 pm 

Received mine today turns well, but yeah pops sommetimes :? . But nice puzzle. Anyone as a algorith for the 3x4 side, do to pair 2 edges, (by doing a diagonal switch)?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:26 pm 

Mine also arrived today. I have pretty much the exact same issues as Gus originally posted about. A little frustrating since I;ve been looking forward to playing with it but at present things seem a milisecond away from popping and catching.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:49 am 

Konrad wrote:
I had found the 4x4x5 and 2x3x4 quite a bit easier to solve than the 3x4x5.
Maybe this is different for different individuals, but to me the 3x4x5 somehow has a dazzling factor :wink:
Hi Konrad,
I only said that I can now see how to solve the 4x5x6, I agree, it would be much harder than the 3x4x5, but the principle of the solve would be the same.
excalvin wrote:
Try not to tighten up the screw, but loose the screw a lit bit to adjust the turning.
Gus,
If you try this can you let me know how it goes? I can always pop the superglue off with force, but it's turning as good as I think it will, so I'll only do it if you have excellent results.

Cheers,
Burgo.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:43 am 

Hmm I justr thinked of sommething. It as the same core as a mf8 legend 3x3x3 right? So the ball core is composed of 2 alft ball, and 4 pieces for the screws? And their should be 4 (i think it's 4) small screw, so that the core don't mal a part? When I received my mf8 legend last year, the core was loose, because it only had 2 screw on handle it together. And if the core is loose, the cube isn't more stable.

EDIT:After lubing it with lubix it feels terribly diffrent :shock: . Didn't take it apart to lube it, so if I would had take it a part, and lube evrything with out lubing the areas that you can see during shapeshifting, it would be right better, but woah make a diffrence, in the feeling.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:38 pm 

Wow, mine turns very nicely, maybe a bit loose, but that is an easy fix. My only issue is that mf8 seems to have cheaped out and used what I assume are mf8 legend stickers, as they are way way too small, unlike the prototype. See Gus' picture above for the size.

Ben

Edit: Yup, read too quickly up above, sorry Gus :oops:

Last edited by Benf207 on Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:04 pm 

They used the mf8 legend stickers, and yeah mf8 puzzles quality lately are :? ... But the sticker still look's well on it. And in a sence it's a good thing. Because wile shapeshifting the puzzles is more squishy, and if the stickers are to big, it's easyer to the pieces to catch on it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:23 am 

Burgo wrote:
If you try this can you let me know how it goes? I can always pop the superglue off with force, but it's turning as good as I think it will, so I'll only do it if you have excellent results.
I tried loosening that screw, it was worse. I took the whole thing apart, checked that all of the small floating pieces were correct - they were. Tried to make all of the screw tensions the same, put it all back together. Still pops very easily. Same pieces very loose. Tried fiddling with the screw tensions, but this just makes other pieces pop.

There might be a combination of tensions which works, but I'm not clever enough to find it :(

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:33 am 

Pop can't really be fixed, by just trying tension, the puzzle is like that. It's sas that mf8 didn't try to fix that, before sending it it, tough. After lubing mine with lubx, and back with maru lube, the stickyness of lubix as given it so stabality, it doesn't wabble any more. Still pop, (for small stupid lock ups, like 2 time by solve). But it's still a nice puzzle like I think.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:03 am 

I recieved mine today, and I think it's terrible. Don't mf8 products ever go through testing before they're mass produced? I like the fact that mf8 offers all kinds of cool products to all of us, but I'm sick of puzzles that keep exploding in my face.
Anyway, I'll try to adjust the tensions a little more, and maybe mod some of the pieces.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:00 pm 

Modding the pieces won't help, to make it stop, would probably just make it worst, except. Like depends on how you mod it, but removing plastic won't help.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:28 pm 

I just got mine and I am happy with it. Some of the pieces can be removed easily when they are sticking out isolatetly but I didn't have a pop yet. I don't think I could speedsolve mine yet but I think it's a great puzzle.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:43 pm 

Mine was very loose when I got it so it would easily fall apart on some turns. I tightened the 6 screws to the core and now it's fine. I also used Cubesmith standard 3x3x3 stickers with it and it looks great. I am thinking about taking it apart and applying a light amount of lube to it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:44 pm 

Benf207 wrote:
.... See Konrad's picture above for the size.

Ben
This is probably some misunderstanding. I'm still waiting for my MF8 3x4x5. Do you mean Gus's pictures? These stickers look fine to me. So far, I have got TomZ's 3x4x5 with Cubesmith tiles. I'm really looking forward to compare the original with the mass-produced version. The MF8 version will have problems to compete with the original :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:30 pm 

I just received mine, and i was pleasantly surprised. Although it is loose, the turning is very nice, all sides are easily finger-trickable, even cutting corners slightly. It does feel like it could pop if I try to cut a curner too much, but other than that it feels stable. Personally, I think its alot better than what I expected from reading the previous reviews, but my opinion might change after I try to solve it and end up pulling all my hair out :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:46 pm 

Noreg89 wrote:
I just received mine, and i was pleasantly surprised. ...
Same here! :) I got mine today and I have no real issues with it. The outer 3x4 faces catch sometimes internally but this can be resolved easily.
I will not disassemble it and do no modifications. It is just fine out of the box.
The size surprised me a bit. It is much larger than TomZ's Shapeways puzzle and I would definitely prefer this smaller size. This is not a big issue, though.
I started the stickering with the delivered mf8 stickers and I agree, they look a bit too small. I switched to ordinary 3x3x3 stickers and this looks great. :D
One cubie is a tiny bit smaller than the usual 3x3x3 cubie and a little bit bigger than a mf8 4x4x4 cubie.
Probably the smaller Cubesmith 3x3x3 stickers would be ideal, but I did not have any.

How does it compare with the TomZ 3D version?
Certainly, the "original" is better and feels extremely stable. Still, the mass-produced version is a good puzzle and Tom has not to be ashamed that it is connected with his name :)
The question is now: Is there an assembly problem at the factory and some turn out better than others? :roll:
Let us see what Tom will say when he will get further samples.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:05 pm 

Does anyone know how to assemble this puzzle? I took mine apart and can't put it back together.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:23 pm 

Quote:
Still, the mass-produced version is a good puzzle and Tom has not to be ashamed that it is connected with his name

I'm sorry Konrad, but I have to disagree. A puzzle is a good puzzle if the majority of them turn out just fine. Clearly, from this thread, there are many who have problems. I'm glad you have no issues with yours, but there are lots who do, myself included. After a lot of time tensioning and lubing etc etc, I still do not have a workable puzzle.

Quote:
Is there an assembly problem at the factory and some turn out better than others?

Something like this must be happening. I miss the days when I bought puzzles and they just worked...

Quote:
Does anyone know how to assemble this puzzle?

I'd also appreciate some instructions as I can see I'll have to bite the bullet soon and pull it apart.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:33 pm 

My 3x4x5 crumbled in the first few minutes of twisting it. I was shape-shifting it. A loose piece fell out and that made it easy for everything in that whole quadrant to fall out. With it apart I examined the shafts coming out of the core. There seems to be a spring for each shaft inside the spherical core. 4 of my centers were reasonably tight but two were extremely loose. Pulling on the center to compress the spring allowed them to come out several mm. I suspect that any pieces between these two centers were much guaranteed to fall out at some point.

If people randomly have very loose and very tight centers like me that would explain the inconsistency in reports from folks.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:01 pm 

I uploaded a really bad video demonstrating assembly. Hopefully its enough to help/
(Link Removed, new video below.)

Please note that there are 2 types of inner pieces, the small type and the large type. One of the large types is attached to an edge. The large types must be the inner pieces closest to the 3x4 faces or else you will have a bandaged puzzle.

Ben

Edit: I have made a much better and shorter video demonstrating assembly: Video

Last edited by Benf207 on Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:49 am 

Konrad wrote:
Noreg89 wrote:
I just received mine, and i was pleasantly surprised. ...
Same here! :) I got mine today and I have no real issues with it. The outer 3x4 faces catch sometimes internally but this can be resolved easily.
Hi Friends,
Out of the box, I too was very happy that I did not receive a bad one. My first thought was `Wow, this turns fantastic`.. and I still somewhat think that. But I was about 1/2 way through figuring out my first solve when suddenly, without warning, and completely unexpectedly it had a catastrophic failure. So I had a considerable amount of good turns before it crumbled.

My point here is that you are possibly speaking too soon. I lubed the core, adjusted the tension and rebuilt it several times until I got a decent functional puzzle (the biggest improvement seemed to be lubing the actual ball core). The pieces still catch on the outer 3x4 twists and I suspect it's just a lack of filleting, and I will probably dismantle it and attack it with a file one day. But until then I will firmly hold the slice under the 3x4 outer layer while I twist it.. or eventually I know it will catch unexpectedly and have a catastrophic failure.

It's not a bad puzzle.. the Gem4 for me is the only puzzle I have that I literally can't twist.. and I suspect filleting is likewise a big issue there and I intend to use the file on it too.. but the 345 is nowhere near the catchiness of that. I will restate that it's a nice puzzle that I thoroughly recomend, but be prepared to tweak it, and forewarned how to hold it.

Cheers,
Burgo.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:29 am 

Mine seems good, but I have not solved it yet.

All I read today in this forum sounds like there are currently too much puzzles which are produced too quickly. It sounds that real economy is catching up puzzle industry : do you want to buy an expensive well done puzzle hand-crafted by its designer or a poor quality copy done by Chinese industry ?

Ok, this is a mockery, but inpired by truth. One thing is sure, if I am facing issues with my 3x4x5, I will be more patient before buying another puzzle.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:16 am 

Burgo wrote:
My point here is that you are possibly speaking too soon.

I had mine for a day and a half, and it got a good amount of use in that time with not a single problem. I then disassembled it completely, mostly out of curiosity, and after reassembling I now have the same fragile puzzle that many of you are complaining about, which pops and locks up on the inside. I will be disassembling it again soon to try to fix the problem, but now I feel like tensioning is definitely the problem people are having. Mine has worked both wonderfully and horribly, depending on the tensions. When I get it back the way it was, I'm not touching the screws again :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:26 pm 

Noreg89 wrote:
Burgo wrote:
My point here is that you are possibly speaking too soon.
.... I then disassembled it completely, mostly out of curiosity, and after reassembling I now have the same fragile puzzle that many of you are complaining about, which pops and locks up on the inside. I will be disassembling it again soon to try to fix the problem, but now I feel like tensioning is definitely the problem people are having. Mine has worked both wonderfully and horribly, depending on the tensions. When I get it back the way it was, I'm not touching the screws again :lol:
Have you changed the tension out of curiosity? I'm quite happy that I have done nothing to mine (besides using a tiny bit of silicone spray).
I have now played several hours with it and have done some scrambles and solves. No accidents so far, but, yes, it has not the same stable feeling as Tom's. I'm turning it very carefully and take care of a precise alignment, especially when it is shape shifted. After reading all the posts here, I feel danger all the time :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:49 pm 

I had a bit of a rant yesterday saying "After a lot of time tensioning and lubing etc etc, I still do not have a workable puzzle.".

Well, it's only fair I guess to report that I now do have a workable puzzle, but not only that, one that feels very stable and causes me no problems. In other words, at no time when I'm turning do I feel that it's about to pop or explode. It actually feels like a well-turning puzzle now.

What I did was adjust all 6 screws bit by bit, tightening one, loosening another etc. I also lubed the core slightly, but I'm convinced the main issue is that the screws weren't tight enough. Now that they're tight, I won't be taking it apart. I hope this is a small light at the end of a tunnel for some who are still frustrated with theirs.

I'm still annoyed that I had to spend so much time doing it, but at least now I have a workable puzzle.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:41 pm 

Okay guys, I made a much much better video. It's shorter too. Video

Again, please note that there are 2 types of inner pieces, the small type and the large type. One of the large types is attached to an edge. The large types must be the inner pieces closest to the 3x4 faces or else you will have a bandaged puzzle.

Ben

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:43 am 

ƨ received my cuboid yesterday. Straight out of the parcel it came loose enough to just pull pieces out in midturn, (and it still is). Out of interest, and to check the tensions, I disassembled & reassembled it and put in some general amount of sewing machine oil (the only thing for lube I happened to find). The outermost 3x4 faces were the problem for me aswell, they locked up regularly. Corner-cutting is possible between the 3x5 and 4x5 faces, and they turn mostly well. It popped for me once. After stickering I have just played with it, and I guess for my cuboid it is just a matter of breaking in as I feel it's less and less prone to popping. The outermost 3x4 faces still don't turn THAT good, but I'm not afraid of it exploding in many directions everytime I turn it. Holding the layer below helps. So in the end I'm satisfied by what I got. This is pretty much what others have said before though :D
I've scrambled it as a half-turn domino as I haven't solved any cuboid before :D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:37 pm 

On day three playing with the mf8 3x4x5 (out of the box, no adjustment just a little bit of silicone spray) I can report that it seems broken in very nicely and I have no difficulties.
After many scrambles and solves I can recommend this puzzle. OK, if you consider this a speedcube you have lost already but with careful handling you can enjoy this puzzle (do not try corner cutting when it is shape shifted :wink: ).
Here is my colour scheme:

Here you can see how usual 3x3x3 stickers look on it (not Cubesmith, though; I'm still considering Cubesmith tiles)

Here is a size comparison with Tom's original:

Here is a size comparison with the mf8 4x4x4

Last edited by Konrad on Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:39 pm 

Wow, it looks so much nicer with full size stickers.

Ben

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:40 pm 

i finally received this puzzle through mefferts (shipping was faster than i expected to the states)

just one problem. as nicely as the other layers seem to move, my 3x4 U and D layers do not move. im assuming this has something to do with the core? maybe move those layers to the next adjacent side and try from there? i dunno any help would be appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nMs5jS3 ... haVBkrZVIc

there is an example.

sorry if im bumping this post, didnt know where else to put this.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:51 pm 

Never seen that before.
I would suggest dissasembaling it and retensioning it.
If that doesn't work I would contact mefferts.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:59 pm 

RubiksMaster614 wrote:
Never seen that before.
I would suggest dissasembaling it and retensioning it.
If that doesn't work I would contact mefferts.

I have to agree, disassembling the puzzle is your best bet to fixing the problem.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:27 am 

The reason those 2 sides are bandaged is because of the internal pieces. There are 2 different types of pieces that make up the internal layer. 4 small pieces, and 4 large pieces. One of the larger pieces is attached to an edge via a screw. These larger internal pieces need to be closest to the 3x4 layers. For some reason yours are not.

Ben

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:25 am 

thank you to everyone that responded, especially to benf the problem was due to the internal pieces being in the wrong spot on both side.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:51 am 

S3rzz wrote:
thank you to everyone that responded, especially to benf the problem was due to the internal pieces being in the wrong spot on both side.

You know it's really interesting that I had that after disassembling and reassembling my 3x4x5 once. But it surprisingly only happened once in a scrambled state. I could move all layers when I had reassembled and I was aware of the direction and order the pieces have to go. While scrambling it I reached a state on one sice where I had a full 3x4 face and could not turn it. After restoring the whole shape first (otherwise still scrambled) both extended 3x4 faces turned again and I could solve it a couple of times since then. Also I purposely created a state 2 or 3 times where one 3x4 face would be complete and it could always turn.
I still don't know what happened that one time. I suppose it was a slight misalignment or wrong treatment. Still I tried turning it for more than a minute with shaking a bit and turning the face apart and back together and it would be blocked just like in your video.
At first I was sure I had reassemlbed it wrong but like I said, ever since all 3x4 faces that where complete did turn.
I suppose there is no explanation. :?:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:30 am 

Hi alaskajoe,

It's been gone through here:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=22994

Near the bottom of the page and over.

Cheers,
Burgo.