Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:27 pm 

qqwref wrote:
First: What are you guys saying?

Second: I wonder what an Eastsheen-style 6x6x6 would look like on the inside? It would be so complicated... (But so cool!)

http://babelfish.altavista.com my friend :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:07 am 

I'm also curious about how the 3rd order OCube Mech will differ from the one's we've seen so far. Any chance on pictures? Diagram? Sketch on a bar napkin?

After that, I went into a bit of a decline.
<i>Marvin the Paranoid Android</i>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:40 am 

Olympicube, have you started making 6x6x6 yet? and if so how many do you have made and ready to go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:27 pm 

Ha,ha, your times on the 4x4x4 are the times that the speedcubers will have on the 6x6x6, so when you are at that level of speedcubing I might answer to your questions. Untill then you are two sizes behind, so concentrate on the 4x4x4 and don't bother about the 6x6x6 and 7x7x7 or even the 5x5x5.
That of course goes only to YOU...fool

konstantinos

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:53 pm 

Personally, well, I like the big cubes, but I want to see the tolerance of Olympic cubes 2x2 myself! Well, also the 4x4, and as for the 3x3, I don't see how their design could be better than Rubik's, I may be mistaken though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:12 pm 

NEWCUBES wrote:
Ha,ha, your times on the 4x4x4 are the times that the speedcubers will have on the 6x6x6, so when you are at that level of speedcubing I might answer to your questions. Untill then you are two sizes behind, so concentrate on the 4x4x4 and don't bother about the 6x6x6 and 7x7x7 or even the 5x5x5.

konstantinos

i average around 1min 30sec on the 4x4x4, and need a new and better speedcube for my 5x5x5 practice :) may i ask when the 5x5x5 will be avalible ;P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:31 pm 

NEWCUBES wrote:

konstantinos

Not cool man, not cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:13 pm 

Konstantinos, that's me with 4x4.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=f82AHGAqvxw

Do you think I'm good enough to answer my questions?

Or do you need a faster one?

Ok, Ron, Stefan, Thom, all the guys faster than me, ask Konstantinos, you may get response from him! LOL

;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:27 pm 

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Educational R&D, Gravity, 4D Symmetry, Puzzle Ninja, Matrix Mech, Alien Technology.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:54 pm 

NEWCUBES, if you were trying to humor us then your choice of language made it look quite different from that intention. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:09 pm 

I think maybe NEWCUBES have become bored with the sceptics and the impatient. I guess they are only human.
Georges has a 6x6x6 because he supported and believed in Newcubes from the start and was a natural choice when they wanted people to try their products.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:51 am 

That of course goes only to Scott JR

Konstantinos

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:42 pm 

blogan wrote:
kastellorizo wrote:
(I am saying this, because the word "διεγερθώ" is used for other, more "sexual" references LOL)

Υποτιμάτε πόσοι άνθρωποι θέλουν αυτόν τον γρίφο.

Indeed. 8-)

Hahahahahaha.

25, Male
Started cubing Oct 15 '05

Out of the game, but not completely.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:17 pm 

Did Georges not buy one?
I thought I read he did.

@.=split(//,"J huhesartc kPaeenrro,lt");do{print$.[$_];$_=($_+3)%25;}while($_!=0);

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:55 pm 

Pembo wrote:
Did Georges not buy one?
I thought I read he did.
I believe his son is friends with Konstantinos.

25, Male
Started cubing Oct 15 '05

Out of the game, but not completely.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:39 pm 

xcool wrote:
Pembo wrote:
Did Georges not buy one?
I thought I read he did.

no, Georges is friends with Konstantinos son... that's what i've read atleast :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:22 am 

pHeTe wrote:
xcool wrote:
Pembo wrote:
Did Georges not buy one?
I thought I read he did.

no, Georges is friends with Konstantinos son... that's what i've read atleast :D

I know for sure I am a friend of the inventor's son. The inventor being Mr Panagiotis Verdes.
My son is also into cubing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:14 am 

I almost got it right :) just names mixed up ;P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:12 pm 

qqwref wrote:
First: What are you guys saying?

I can in no way claim to know any greek, but using the Babel Fish one can get a fairly good idea about what is said (you can make out that the program mostly gets some minor grammar or wordorder fault, and sometimes it can't translate specific word, but it is realy helpfull anyway...)

So, below are what I found using the site:

georges wrote:
kastellorizo wrote:
Προσωπικά, περιμένω υπομονετικά τις εξελίξεις.
Πανταζής

Κι εγώ, κι εγώ :D :D :D

kastellorizo wrote:
ο Κύβος 9x9x9 θα είναι τέλειος γιά αυτόν τον σκοπό!

πράγματι!

έτσι διαβάζεις το φόρουμ Κώστα!

Translates to:
georges wrote:
kastellorizo wrote:
We thank Mr Verde'! Personally, I wait for patiently the developments.

And I, and I :D :D :D

kastellorizo wrote:
Cube 9x9x9 will be perfect for this aim!

Pantazi's

έτσι διαβάζεις το φόρουμ Κώστα!

kastellorizo wrote:
Not a bad translation. But for precise grammar and syntax, it should be:

"Κωνσταντίνο, σας ευχαριστώ για τη σκληρή εργασία και την προσπάθειά σας να δώσετε τα νέα προϊόντα σας στα χέρια μας! Θα περιμένω υπομονετικά μέχρις ότου ετοιμαστούν και θα χαρώ να αγοράσω ένα."

(I am saying this, because the word "διεγερθώ" is used for other, more "sexual" references LOL)

Pantazis

Translates to:
kastellorizo wrote:
Konstantinos, you I thank for the hard work and your effort to give your new products in our hands! I will patiently wait for until they are prepared and I will be glad to buy

blogan wrote:
Υποτιμάτε πόσοι άνθρωποι θέλουν αυτόν τον γρίφο.

Translates to:
blogan wrote:
Underestimate how much persons want this puzzle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:25 pm 

Agreed, online translators are doing an excellent job! :)

And of course, as much accurate as they are made, we can still get a couple of amusing results! :P

Pantazis

Educational R&D, Gravity, 4D Symmetry, Puzzle Ninja, Matrix Mech, Alien Technology.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:52 am 

now i'm really confused... how many big cubes have been made before?

i know there are:

2x2
3x3
4x4
5x5
6x6
7x7

has there ever been anything bigger made?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:17 am 

NEWCUBES wrote:

konstantinos

first, not everyone is a big cube speedcuber dumbass. second, check the date of the last time i competed in 4x4... It was Dec 10, 2005. thirdly, tell me how my times back in 2005 are relevant to my ability to solve a 6x6.

finally, accept the fact that people are going to be impatient and ask questions when a release date goes from "The olympic cube 6a will be ready for sale in 3 months"... to "the machines will be in your hands lifetime... ".

JIMBOB wrote:
You kind of sounded like a little kid. Makes me wonder if your for real

i second that.

Last edited by Scott Bedard on Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:37 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:30 am 

Scott Bedard wrote:
NEWCUBES wrote:

konstantinos

first, not everyone is a big cube speedcuber dumbass. second, check the date of the last time i competed in 4x4... It was Dec 10, 2005.

NEWCUBES, you have been OWNED!

good job, Scott :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:48 am 

How about everyone (especially the younger newcomers) grow up a little. Also, the word "owned" just makes you seem more immature.

Regarding the olypicubes, everyone just needs to relax. The more hyped up we all get, the more likely we'll just bother NEWCUBES with our poking and prodding. I can ASSURE you that NEWCUBES is doing everything they can to get a release out, but everyone has to know how incredible difficult that is (to start manufacturing a product). There are SOOOO many steps that need to happen in order for this to happen, and most of them take lots of time. Remember how long it took for the dogic to come out again? Moral of the story; be patient, and find something else to occupy your time. NEWCUBES is doing all they can.

quinn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:51 pm 

I agree with Quinn. If someone wants to criticize NEWCUBES, then please, design a new puzzle and mass produce it. Once you've done that and know what goes into the process, then criticize if you have any complaints left.

As a bonus, the community will get a new puzzle and you'll gain the respect of creating a new puzzles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:09 pm 

Quote:
Olympicube, have you started making 6x6x6 yet? and if so how many do you have made and ready to go.

I don't see how that is criticism.

As for my last comment, that was me defending myself after being insulted by newcubes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:58 pm 

Scott Bedard wrote:
Quote:

I don't see how that is criticism.

As for my last comment, that was me defending myself after being insulted by newcubes.

I agree with the other guys... we should all cool down and be patient. I can understand people being impatient for the olympicubes not being released yet, but there is a fine line between making constructive criticism and irritating the creators of a remarkable new age puzzle.

I would also love to have in my hands such a magnificent puzzle sooner rather than later, but I will also be careful to not discourage any creator in any way to satisfy my personal emotions.

And if I was not very polite with someone in the past, I would have first done something to low down the previously pre-made tension, and then (and only then) ask any new questions. You can't just look down at someone and then pretend that nothing happened. If there is one thing that puzzlers don't have, that is short-term memory.

I am definitely not supporting the temperamental reaction by NEWCUBES, but this reaction *can* be justified as it seemed to have been formed by the accumulation of the past (not very polite and impatient) responses by a few of us, and it should remind us that we are all human afterall. And most importantly, impatience is not a privilege of few.

Moreover, the "teasing" messages that are posted from time to time, could also disappoint some people. But think about it. This is the first time after 20 blooming entire years that a cubic puzzle has been extended in such a way, and availability deadlines can be very fragile. I am sure Mr Verdes is doing all he can, and I am sure his desire to show the puzzle to us (the possible reason for the teasing posts), is much much more than our desire to own it.

So please everyone, I beg you all to be patient and to always try to encourage such creators (and let's have a group hug too!)

Pantazis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:59 am 

I don't want to take sides here, but Scott really didn't say anything bad. I think newcubes mistranslated and assumed Scott was pressuring him on the cube(s) status. When english isn't your native tongue, mistakes can be made.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:57 am 

Speedy McFastfast wrote:
Scott Bedard wrote:
NEWCUBES wrote:

konstantinos

first, not everyone is a big cube speedcuber dumbass. second, check the date of the last time i competed in 4x4... It was Dec 10, 2005.

NEWCUBES, you have been OWNED!

good job, Scott :D

As for my last comment, i was on Scott's side because i've seen him around the forums more than i have seen NEWCUBES, therefore i felt the need to stand behind Scott on what he said. As for my comment "you have been owned!" being immature, you must remember that i'm in high school and hand around people who play xbox live. The words "owned" and "pwned" are common vocab, so i'm not really acting immature, as i am acting my age.

Now that i have gotten that off my chest, i would like to say I'm Sorry to NEWCUBES, and anyone else who was offended by my comments. Sorry guys!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:58 am 

I don't think one's side should be taken because of their seniority rather than by which you find more justifiable.

You're in a "mature" environment (what is mature anyways? a false concept, I presume). It's okay to act out of your, what you would call, immature nature (or more specifically the nature of the "xbox" environment) when in an environment such as this one, where everyone tries to respect eachother instead of calling out "disss" every chance possible.

Although I think Scott's post was rather innocent and NEWCUBES was a bit harsh, I can understand what the pressure can do to someone. Let's all just try and resolve this without any remaining grudges (we're a happy community!!! we play with colorful puzzles all day! Let's keep it that way, haha). :wink:

pb 22.19
pb avg
27.61 = 26.74, 26.69, 26.98, 23.16, 26.14, 24.63, 23.71, (22.19), 30.41, (35.42), 34.97, 32.69

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:21 am 

Clayne H. wrote:
(we're a happy community!!! we play with colorful puzzles all day! Let's keep it that way, haha). :wink:

well said Clayne, well said.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:45 am 

NEWCUBES wrote:
if you talk about cubes there are very very very very much limited alternatives...on the internal mech.
http://www.olympicube.com

I don't know about that. I'm currently working on a design for a 5x5x5 that I think is unique. I'm planning on sharing it here when its done but I'm a little concerned about giving up my intellectual property rights. I personally don't have the skill or tools to actually make it though but I'm sure some here do so I think I'm willing to give up those rights on the off chance someone might actually make this thing. My 5x5x5 will actually be a real 5x5x5. By that I mean there is an aspect of the current 5x5x5's that doesn't quite live(add) up to the name.

If anyone thinks they know the track I'm on and thinks its a mistake to give up the rights let me know. I've never designed a puzzle before so this is new ground to me.

Carl

Hint: How can you make a working 3x3x3 out of 27 identical pieces? It can be done... no strings, no magnets, yet it works exactly like a Rubik's Cube.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:13 pm 

connecting the corners to the edges

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:31 am 

wwwmwww wrote:
My 5x5x5 will actually be a real 5x5x5. If anyone thinks they know the track I'm on [...]

My guess is something like this (the wing version, not the pin version):
http://stefan-pochmann.de/spocc/other_stuff/7x7_idea/

Quote:
Hint: How can you make a working 3x3x3 out of 27 identical pieces?

Ok, so it's not like mine, mine aren't identical.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:35 am 

Stefan wrote:
wwwmwww wrote:
My 5x5x5 will actually be a real 5x5x5. If anyone thinks they know the track I'm on [...]

My guess is something like this (the wing version, not the pin version):
http://stefan-pochmann.de/spocc/other_stuff/7x7_idea/

Quote:
Hint: How can you make a working 3x3x3 out of 27 identical pieces?

Ok, so it's not like mine, mine aren't identical.

You are certainly on the right track. While my 3x3x3 idea involves identical pieces my 5x5x5 idea does not. There will be 6 different types of pieces in my 5x5x5. Though if push came to shove I think you could make a 5x5x5 out of all identical pieces the same way my 3x3x3 idea should work. I'm currently modeling everything in POV-Ray and I should have some stuff I can post in about a week, maybe sooner. I've got a slow PC and it takes a few days to make one animation.

Carl

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:23 am 

WOW.....I have never seen anything like this before.

One of the reasons I like twistypuzzles.com is its friendly educating nature.

I know where some of you are coming from, I would like a 6x6 as well and yes it seems i've been waiting ages but negativity is not going to help anyone.

I know how difficult it can be to put puzzles into production and when Newcubes is ready to release the 6x6 I am sure he will let us know.

I'd love to hear that Newcubes is still with us?

Cheers Rich

P.s. I had a little play with David Singmasters 6x6 and this just wetted my apitite even more!

Post subject: bigger cubes
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 9:04 pm 

Speedy McFastfast wrote:

i know there are:

2x2
3x3
4x4
5x5
6x6
7x7

I found a website with a 9x9x9 working model, though it's not for sale.

viewtopic.php?t=6315

it says that it's a hoax, but still worth checking out.

Post subject: Re: bigger cubes
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 10:29 pm 

Rubiksguy wrote:
Speedy McFastfast wrote:

i know there are:

2x2
3x3
4x4
5x5
6x6
7x7

I found a website with a 9x9x9 working model, though it's not for sale.

viewtopic.php?t=6315

it says that it's a hoax, but still worth checking out.

Yupper its a hoax and it uses 27 mini cubes to make it . Here are the pictures for the proof. Third post from the bottom by Tony Fisher..

viewtopic.php?t=6315&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=50

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:30 am 

Location: Enschede, The Netherlands, First room on the left on the 2nd floor.
awsomeness

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:14 pm 

I would like to find out how to make one of those

Post subject: Re: The 6x6x6
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:29 am 

biffman wrote:
I'd give up masturbation for a month just to try one of those.

i would also try, but fail rather quickly... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:40 am 

wow........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:05 pm 

OMG.... will that quote haunt me forever?

destro, that's funny. thanks for the laugh.