Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Jugo Flower
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:25 am 

I'm a bit excited today. I got home around 1 yesterday after a long day listening to very boring talks on subjects that I have no interest in, then a quick tip for a massage and haircut....OK, so my life isn't all bad now is it?

So I got home yesterday and there is this box waiting for me. I saw the return address was unreadable, but I did recognize the script and I immediately pulled out my handy exacto knife. inside I have not one, but 5 puzzles (2 for Smaz-I'll try and get over next week to deliver them to you) Well, I desperately wanted to play, but had to get ready to speak at 9 a.m. (guess who didn't finish her powerpoints and stats until around 2 am yesterday-not me, I'd never procrastinate that much :oops: )

All I had time to do was show my husband, gloat a little, and snap a photo before heading back to the SPSS. (word of advice, NEVER put in a proposal unless you have ALREADY done the research!)

7a.m. saw me heading out the door to head over for my little talk, and I had really intended to return home before lunch to finally go play. BUSTED!!! Who should walk in as I was leaving but 3 members of my research team-nice team, they didn't come listen to me talk, but came to make sure I stayed :roll:
OK, so bring on 6 pm so I can get out of there! (In all seriousness, I really did enjoy the conference-all but the research topic that followed mine-similar study, highly flawed in methodology, but don't get me started :roll: )

So I get home and who is waiting for me at the front door? None other than my dear little bug-she's been on school camp all week and I forgot she was back tonight. (see what toys do to me, they make me into a terrible mother-mind, I did stay home this weekend because of her instead of going to Thailand...) So It was another 2 hours before I could even open the box! I'm dying guys. But I had to stop for a bit and post here. This is such a cool puzzle!

So without further nonsense from me, I give you the Jugo Flower!

Attachment:
jugo 1.jpg
jugo 1.jpg [ 134.99 KiB | Viewed 1160 times ]

Attachment:
jugo 2.jpg
jugo 2.jpg [ 119.85 KiB | Viewed 1160 times ]

This is a new all aluminum version based on an old design. It was made by William Strijbos, and is so well made it isn't funny. I'm head over heals that I was able to get one. I first saw it at IPP and was jumping up and down wanting one. Wil and I had a chat, and he sold the last one he had to an unnamed IPPer. I had to wait to get mine, but I have the patience of a.....

Rob has posted about it here (scroll down about 1/3 of the way to his posts on IPP)

Allard Walker gives a review of it here

Imagine my surprise when I saw this in that box! I am chuffed! Thank you so much to the sender! (And those of you who know who that this puzzle is from, please don't post it here. I will edit! :twisted:)

Wil makes them, but how to contact him is a huge secret. I don't even know, and I've kissed the man :shock: ! If you are interested, I think it is quite expensive-but don't quote me (the puzzle, not the kiss-those are priceless). I'm sure Rob would help put you in contact with Wil. And if not, a bit of hunting the web might help.

Now I'm off to go solve a puzzle that came in unsolved! Evil my friend, evil :lol:

Post subject: Re: Jugo Flower
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:24 am 

Ok, I'm so happy with this, I had to make a video!

Wil makes a number of puzzles, and I did some videos of a couple I had within arms length when I did the jugo flower. All are on my YouTube channel. Enjoy.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:29 am 

So you finally got your great puzzle! The person who made this puzzle is really a genius! Hope Rox has a fun time with this puzzle. Oh, and with her bug, too~ :D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:54 pm 

Now that is an absolutely beautiful puzzle. The craftsmanship is unbelievable.

And after watching the video, I remembered something from being a parent. Always listen to your kids, because you never know when they will say something worth listening to, and Spongebob Squarepants is awesome!