Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Original Alexander's star, Pyraminx, and Rubik's Revenge?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:38 am 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_COKPDiK ... ideo_title

Hello, if you don't like videos I'll just explain it here. Last Sunday a friend from my church gave me the three puzzles. The Pyraminx says: Pyraminx by Tomy. The Alexander's Star says "Alexander's star puzzle" on the white side, and on the red side it says "I.T.C. 1982 Made In China." The Rubik's Revenge says "Rubik's Revenge Puzzle" on the white side, and the blue side says "I.T.C. 1982 Made In Hong Kong." The rubik's revenge is in Japanese color scheme and has a bright orange side. First off, I was wondering if all these cubes are original a.k.a. first types, not KO's. I was also wondering if the stickers on the rubik's revenge are the original sticker's or if someone restickered them.

Post subject: Re: Original Alexander's star, Pyraminx, and Rubik's Revenge
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:21 am 

From your description, all three puzzles sound to be genuine, early puzzles. As far as I know, Uwe Meffert invented the Pyraminx and it was mass produced by Tomy.

Also, as far as I know most Rubik's Revenges from that era has the White/Blue color scheme with fluorescent orange. The stickers do tend to bubble and become misaligned after 30 or so years on the puzzle. They were produced in 3 different countries by Ideal Toy Company (I.T.C.): Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan. If you still have the stickers that say "Rubik's Revenge" and the ITC sticker, then they are probably the original stickers.

Hope this helps a bit!
Ben

In search of Erno Rubik signed cube.