Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: TP package arrived in very bad shape :(
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:51 pm 

Hi!

Some really annoying thing has happened.
I have ordered some puzzles for my collection from this site. I spent little more than $100 to save the postal fee.

The package finally arrived. I was so happy! But when I opened it I became so disappointed.

The pictures will talk:

30 anniversary cube #1

30 anniversary cube #2

Rubik JR 2x2x2

Jigsaw cube

3pcs mini snake (two was sealed, and one was not sealed and twisted

I really don1t know how can something like this happens...
so-so DISAPPOINTED :cry:

rubikkocka@gmail.com & info@oliverstickers.com
http://oliverstickers.com/

Facebook

Post subject: Re: TP package arrived in very bad shape :(
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:56 pm 

Are the puzzles alright? It's irritating when this happens. What kind of packaging did it come in? And who/where did you get it from?

Buy the Curvy Copter Skewb, NovaMinx, and more here!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:07 pm 

He said "from this site", i.e., from twistypuzzles shop. I was thinking of buying a 30th anniversary but now... let's see how does this end up :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:58 pm 

Hello,

As much as I feel your pain, I would like to say that I can vouch for Sandy. My experience ordering from TwistyPuzzles shop has been excellent every time. Sandy has impeccable customer service standards and I noticed how he takes time to package everything tidy and tight. All I can think is that this must be an isolated case.

My 2¢ worth,

Skarabajo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:09 pm 

In my opinion, one cannot judge the "customer service" until something goes wrong. So this is the right moment to prove that. (I don't mean it was Sandy's fault, it could be the carrier's, for example, I don't even know whether it was properly wrapped or not).

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:23 pm 

Oliver, I am sorry to see that some anticipated puzzles you ordered were damaged.
But you really should have tried to resolve it with Sandy first before making this public.

From my own experience, even the the best packages had been damaged by some
over-curious customs/quarantine (in Australia they check everything!).

If Sandy did not respond for some time, *then* it would be good to let everyone know.
But I am sure your matter will be resolved soon.

Pantazis

Educational R&D, Gravity, 4D Symmetry, Puzzle Ninja, Matrix Mech, Alien Technology.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:47 pm 

I also have to vouch for Sandy on this one. He is an EXTREMELY conscientious and honorable seller. Every package I've gotten from the TwistyPuzzles.com store arrived in great condition, and was packed correctly to avoid any damage. However, he can't control it if the post office hires gorillas to throw the packages around.

For anyone else reading this, if you have a problem with a package from the TP store, contact Sandy and let him know before posting anything. I know from personal experience that he will bend over backwards to make things right if they go wrong.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:30 am 

Yes, you probably right.
I was just so angry. I'll contact with him, and we will see what happens.

But I know one thing:
Inside the package, there was only the puzzles. No protective stuff, except few paper.

Facebook

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:52 am 

I've ordered from Sandy as well and have also found him to be very "over protective" on the packaging. The last order from him was a box in a box in a box kind of thing with loads of bubble wrap in between. I find it hard to believe he would have packaged yours any differently.

From past experience with him, I can say he is a very honest seller. I had a puzzle missing from an order, sent an email or pm and within 24 hours he answered me and sent the replacement out.

I think people are getting too jumpy with some bad sellers in the past and are now jumping the gun reporting on it. I understand your frustration, but you should really contact him first. If you haven't already done so, please do now.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:13 pm 

Hi Oliver,

Sorry to hear your description and to see the photos. I am curious what the outer cardboard box looked like. It seems pretty clear that the package was crushed during shipment, because I certainly wouldn't sell anything that was damaged like that.

I don't recall the packaging for your order specifically. I'm not sure how much or what type of packing materials I put in. Generally speaking, I can say that whenever there is space within a box, I fill it with packing materials (plastic wrap, bubble wrap, crumpled newspaper, etc) so that nothing moves around during shipment. If the puzzles fill the entire box (I close it up and shake to see if things are moving around) and if the box is a very solid one, I may not add any packing materials as I trust that the puzzles are safe unless the postal service uses the box as a stepping stool (in which case no amount of bubble wrap may suffice!).

I don't know if customs people would open the box and remove packing materials, but frankly I find that unlikely. This could be a case of me trusting the postal service to be mindful with their customer's stuff, and them showing me that it was wrong of me to do so. (I can just imagine some postal worker guy guiltily loading your package onto a truck right after he crushed it. "Maybe no one will notice.")

The mini snake missing the wrap seems most likely due to my oversight. I probably just dipped my hand into the box full of them, came out with three ball shaped things and figured I was good to go. I don't recall examining them in any way.

Anyway, the question is what do we do now. There was $100 insurance on the shipment, which I should be able to recover from Canada Post. Since I've never made a insurance claim like this before, I don't know if they will need me to show them the damaged items or not. Your photos may help. I'm going to go ahead and assume they won't need to see the crushed items.

Meanwhile, I'll give you the choice here of either shipping the damaged products back to me (cheaply, at my expense) and I ship you replacements, or you keep the damaged ones and I ship you replacements for just the things you wanted mint sealed packages for. If neither option sounds like a reasonable solution to you, please feel free to propose an alternative of your own.

Sandy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:24 pm 

Sandy wrote:
.......Meanwhile, I'll give you the choice here of either shipping the damaged products back to me (cheaply, at my expense) and I ship you replacements, or you keep the damaged ones and I ship you replacements for just the things you wanted mint sealed packages for. If neither option sounds like a reasonable solution to you, please feel free to propose an alternative of your own.

Sandy

I wish all companies had customer service like that!

http://www.youtube.com/user/336616

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:07 am 

In my experience, the recipient must submit the goods and box and all packing materials to the recipient's post office and submit a declaration there. The recipient's post office is supposed to inform the sender's post office so that the sender's post office will pay the insurance claim to the sender.

In my experience, if the recipient is in the UK then the UK post office says that the UK does not insure incoming Datapost shipments (which is true) and therefore the UK informs the sender's post office that the UK has no record of any damage (which is either false, or malicious due to destruction of records). In such a case the customers get screwed.

In my experience, if the recipient is in Indonesia then Indonesian postal employees steal part of the contents, the Indonesian post office informs the sender's post office that the package was delivered and says nothing about the contents, and the customers get screwed.

My experiences with other post offices are less predictable than the above.

When I lived in Canada I would have been amazed if a package didn't suffer the kind of damage shown in this thread. However, since Sandy says he insures packages, that likely explains why this kind of damage is rare in Sandy's shipments. Or maybe Canada Post really reformed? Since joining this forum I bought puzzles from a few Canadian makers and the ones that were shipped actually did arrive in good condition.

Packages from India and Vietnam usually get smashed but the contents usually survive. Some packages from China get smashed and the contents sometimes get smashed.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:14 am 

Thanks for reply.

Sandy:
I do not want you to send me all thing again.
I just wanted you to know what happened. I fully trust you, and 99.99% sure, that it was the fault of the post office (Canadian or Hungarian I don't know).
I have ordered may stuff form many places, but I did not received puzzles in condition like this.

If you are able to recover the insurance from the post office, then and only then I would appreciate if you resend me the damaged puzzles (2 pcs 30 anniversary 3x3x3, JR Rubik's 2x2x2 and the jigsaw cube).
If you can't than I want nothing from you! Only one thing: If I order again, please be a little bit more careful.

ndiamond:
ndiamond wrote:
In my experience, if the recipient is in the UK then the UK post office says that the UK does not insure incoming Datapost shipments (which is true) and therefore the UK informs the sender's post office that the UK has no record of any damage (which is either false, or malicious due to destruction of records). In such a case the customers get screwed.

In my experience, if the recipient is in Indonesia then Indonesian postal employees steal part of the contents, the Indonesian post office informs the sender's post office that the package was delivered and says nothing about the contents, and the customers get screwed.

Just one thing to add: The recipient at Russia often does not receive my packages. And it looks it is the same thing as you wrote for Indonesia. (From my last 5 packages sent to Russia only 2 arrived, 1 returned, and 2 is "arrived, but not arrived" = stolen)

Facebook

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:18 am 

I forget to write one thing:

Unfortunately I did not take Photo from the outer box. But when I opened it, there was not more damage on it, than it is usual. And unfortunately my wife throw it out...

Facebook