Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: MF8 Black Teraminx from Popbuying ain't MF8!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:10 pm 

After waiting 1 month and around 14 days, I got this from Popbuying. :D
Attachment:
Teraminx.jpg
Teraminx.jpg [ 49.7 KiB | Viewed 2339 times ]

After looking at it, I immediately realized this isn't MF8. :evil:
MF8 looks more pillowed, but C4Y looks less pillowed.
MF8 looks like it has less lock ups than C4Y, but mine locks up a lot.
Thin corner stalks.
Clearly a C4Y Teraminx.

If you want an MF8 Teraminx, I would suggest you buy the Milk Yellow one from Popbuying, since only MF8 makes those kind. You could always buy the black ones from MF8 for an MF8 Teraminx too.

EDIT: I can't stand this. I'm sending this back to Popbuying and asking for a refund. I'll order from MF8.

Last edited by Nkrasn11 on Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: MF8 Black Teraminx from Popbuying ain't MF8!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:19 pm 

Oh man! I can't believe the only MF8 teraminx out there is milk yellow. That makes me wanna... :roll:
Nevermind. I don't like the milk yellow. It doesn't look very good. :|

2 invites to Jade club
PM me for invite

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:23 pm 

Im pretty sure there are black and white MF8 teraminxes, just not on popbuying.com. At the MF8 website I found this http://shop.mf8.com.cn/goods.php?id=13.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:28 pm 

kloopstomp wrote:
Im pretty sure there are black and white MF8 teraminxes, just not on popbuying.com. At the MF8 website I found this http://shop.mf8.com.cn/goods.php?id=13.

Sorry I think I mis-worded it. Lemme edit it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:18 am 

I also received my teraminx from Popbuying yesterday. I didn't open the package though. I took a kitchen scale downstairs and weighed the package in front of the postman. It was about 580g, so I new it was C4U and refused to sign for the package. That way it was sent right back to HK and I didn't have to pay for return shipping. I just hope those guys put on a real return address :?

I've also contacted their CS and over several messages I've been told that their supplier told them it will be MF8 but gave them C4U and C4U pictures/video. They say they now also have real MF8 in stock and will contact me when they get the C4U back.

That means at least 4 more weeks before I get my teraminx or at least 2 more before I see my money :cry: Good thing I have quite a lot of work waiting for me.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:03 pm 

Alex wrote:
I also received my teraminx from Popbuying yesterday. I didn't open the package though. I took a kitchen scale downstairs and weighed the package in front of the postman. It was about 580g, so I new it was C4U and refused to sign for the package. That way it was sent right back to HK and I didn't have to pay for return shipping. I just hope those guys put on a real return address :?

I've also contacted their CS and over several messages I've been told that their supplier told them it will be MF8 but gave them C4U and C4U pictures/video. They say they now also have real MF8 in stock and will contact me when they get the C4U back.

That means at least 4 more weeks before I get my teraminx or at least 2 more before I see my money :cry: Good thing I have quite a lot of work waiting for me.

If you did sign it, will I be able to send it back?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:51 pm 

Nkrasn11 wrote:

You should be able to, but you'll have to pay return shipping and then hope that they'll refund it. :(

Alex

YouTube Account: Cubiksrube113

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:38 pm 

APJ wrote:
Nkrasn11 wrote:

You should be able to, but you'll have to pay return shipping and then hope that they'll refund it. :(

Alex

Thank you. :D

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 2:53 am 

its easy to request puzzles at popbuying, and they have free shipping and sometimes even lower the original price :D i requested all the 3x3x5's on there and thats why they are stocked :D

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 1:43 am 

I've got some news! Xmas has come early :D Well, to me, anyways.

I've got two huge packages today. The postman changed his route just to get rid of them first :lol:

One was a prefectly packaged 2x2x4 from Hidetoshi shipped 6 days ago. This guy's fantastic :D The other was mf8 teraminx in a bubble-wrap envelope from Popbuying. Finally :roll: I ordered on 9th of February.

Anyway, what's relevant to this topic is that I've finally got my mf8 teraminx. The package I refused to sign for has indeed returned on the 12th of April and they noticed it after I sent them an e-mail a few weeks later. Emma was on vacation at that time. The guy who was standing in, Jason, told me they will send the real deal this time and send me a photo to confirm it was indeed the mf8. It was posted on the 27th of April and I got it today (damn volcano :evil:).

This was the first time I had problems with Popbuying and I'm glad they got it sorted out in the end because they have a lot of great cubes on their site and I plan to get one or two now and then :wink:

Lastly, about the teraminx itself: This thing is a marvel. The turning really is just as good as with a V7 and I don't think there's even any need to lube it. Now, I just have to sticker it...

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 5:12 am 

Alex wrote:
This was the first time I had problems with Popbuying
I'm still having issues with them over this. Tracking shows that my returned package was delivered to them on April 27 but Emma claims that they don't have it.

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 11:27 am 

Volitar Prime wrote:
I'm still having issues with them over this. Tracking shows that my returned package was delivered to them on April 27 but Emma claims that they don't have it.

I had to tell them several times that the package was returned to the P.O.Box they use as a return address. If you just say you returned the package they will think you send it back to them. They asked me for the shipping bill and tracking number and that's when I figured they're probably waiting for the package to show up on their doorstep instead of getting it from the P.O.Box.

They also seem to have the habit of only reading half of what you write, so make sure you mention it where they can't miss it :roll: Once I got them to understand that, the package was retrieved, processed and send back with the correct teraminx in less than 24 hours. The status of the package has also changed from "office of delivery" or some such to "the package was returned to sender on..." and I got a new tracking number.