Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: New arrives for my collection!!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:56 am 

Hi all puzzlefriends...sometimes they come back... :lol: :lol:
Here are some pics of the new arrives for my collection...I just solved all puzzles, to solve teraminx takes a lot of fun....
Enjoy!! The supercubes are very very nice...I love they!!
Attachment:
P3181554.JPG
P3181554.JPG [ 94.95 KiB | Viewed 2834 times ]

Attachments:
P3181561.JPG
P3181561.JPG [ 76.43 KiB | Viewed 2834 times ]

Post subject: Re: New arrives for my collection!!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:08 am 

Ok, I`d like to reply as well... ;) I prefer BIG cubes also!

Look at my disassembled 11x11x11 photo session: There is total album (about 100 photos)
several photos:

Image Image
Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:19 am 

Tesseract750 wrote:
Look at my disassembled 11x11x11 photo session: There is total album (about 100 photos)
several photos:
Whow!! very nice pics! It's very interesting to see the 11x11 totally disassembled, diyou dissassemble it, or did the cube pop up while turning? is it difficult to re- assemble it? is it possible to know the best way to re-assemble it?
TW...I saw you on you-tube...were you exact? the first ukraine guy with the 11x11 cube..nice video.... have fun!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:33 am 

:) many Thanks!

Now, I write a big article about this cube. Later `ll translate it to EN, and `ll post somewhere.

p.s. crop your previous quote-replies with my post - drop pictures, coz scrolling is tedious) [Moderator: Edited quotes]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:05 pm 

Just a short note for clarification: The 9x9x9 and 11x11x11 are KO puzzles. The KO policy does not restrict posting pictures, descriptions or reviews of them as long as they contain no links or information on where to purchase them. Please make sure any review or article posted keep this policy in mind.

Dave

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:30 pm 

Tesseract750 wrote:
Now, I write a big article about this cube. Later `ll translate it to EN, and `ll post somewhere.
DLitwin wrote:
The KO policy does not restrict posting pictures, descriptions or reviews of them as long as they contain no links or information on where to purchase them. Please make sure any review or article posted keep this policy in mind.

Thanks, of course I`ll observe on this rule. It will be only review, but a huge material about: cube mechanism, quality, comparisons, solving methods, unique features, disassembling, and a lot of photos , a couple of video, etc...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:56 am 

DLitwin wrote:
Just a short note for clarification: The 9x9x9 and 11x11x11 are KO puzzles. The KO policy does not restrict posting pictures, descriptions or reviews of them as long as they contain no links or information on where to purchase them. Please make sure any review or article posted keep this policy in mind.

Dave

Hmm...ok. Not that I am affected by these, but I remember Konstantinos (Verdes) asking the twisty puzzles communities not to post pictures of the interior mechanism either. At least that's what I remember...if you're interested about the exact quote, I can search the mail, maybe I remember wrong...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:08 am 

The corner pieces are hollow. They look very thin. Can you tell me the thickness of the wall of the corner piece. Thanks, Tanner Frisby.

"I discovered the triangle one day while shaving. I trimmed my beard like the intersection of three circles and noticed how I could unfog a square in the bathroom mirror by rubbing my beard circularly against the glass."-Franz Reuleaux

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:36 am 

2 Steryne:
It`s not so thinny, as you can imagine yourself. I afraid to disassemble it again)), you know why). But, as I remember, it`s about 1.8-2mm wall thickness, and much harder leg - about 4mm. The plastic quality is excellent, so I can`t occur the situation of breaking during rigorous twisting the puzzle.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:42 am 

Thanks

"I discovered the triangle one day while shaving. I trimmed my beard like the intersection of three circles and noticed how I could unfog a square in the bathroom mirror by rubbing my beard circularly against the glass."-Franz Reuleaux

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:44 am 

Even when the V-Cubes come out with the 11x11, i wouldnt get it, that is just way to big :lol:

Im With Frank!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:48 pm 

DLitwin wrote:

Dave

I KNEW you would say that on this topic :lol:

:idea: btw Once my friend tried to buy a 9x9 and an 11x11 but they couldn't be shipped to the US since they had to go through customs and didn't make it since they are KO's :idea:

My Youtube and Shapeways

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:01 pm 

My parents have bought my the 11x11

I didnt ask them to and they found it :?:

Anyways I will make a review for those who care
I will state its a KO but to be fair if its good its good

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:42 am 

GuitarSD wrote:
Even when the V-Cubes come out with the 11x11, i wouldnt get it, that is just way to big :lol:

I think that you are not so wrong..it's not so easy to handle the 11x11...of course it's not for speedcubing...you should have big hands in this cas.... :D the last one easy to handle is the 9x9...moreover the solving method of 11x11 is the same of the 7x7..9x9....but if you'd like to have one for your collection this is good, hope the V-cubes will make that cube!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:16 pm 

Tesseract750 wrote:
:) many Thanks!

There is my article about 11x11x11 Cube !
It`s just writed, on my native language, - but you can read it throughout google translation feature.

"11x11x11 - story of one puzzle"
http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=ru&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fcubing.com.ua%2Findex.php%3Foption%3Dcom_content%26view%3Darticle%26id%3D142%3A11x11x11-%26catid%3D59%3A1%26Itemid%3D160&sl=ru&tl=en

---
It`s all about my own feeling and objective facts. A huge article of different aspects of the puzzle. A lot of colorful photos, several video. At the begining of 11x11x11 idea, way to embodiment, - to solving, disassembling, structure analysis; mathematics calculations, graphs etc - clearly understandable speaking about the one. So I tried to write a paper intriguing, of the most complex puzzle present. Enjoy!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:29 am 

This is a very well made tutorial!!! Excellent work---- :D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:19 pm 

Knockoff puzzle or not, this is definitely the most elegant, beautiful mechanism I have ever seen :D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:25 pm 

superciuk wrote:
I think that you are not so wrong..it's not so easy to handle the 11x11...of course it's not for speedcubing...you should have big hands in this cas.... :D the last one easy to handle is the 9x9...moreover the solving method of 11x11 is the same of the 7x7..9x9....but if you'd like to have one for your collection this is good, hope the V-cubes will make that cube!!

Solving it wont be the problem, or hand size, my hands are quite big :lol: , its just that i will probably solve it once, and never have the motivation to spend an hour or more trying to solve it again :wink:

Im With Frank!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:28 am 

Garrett wrote:
Knockoff puzzle or not, this is definitely the most elegant, beautiful mechanism I have ever seen

Yep, I agree with you. Thanks for spare time on my article - I tried to make quality photos to describe the internal mechanism.