Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Super rare wild bears!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:10 am 

Watch out all, the bears are moving into urban areas!

Attachment:
web092.jpg
web092.jpg [ 97.27 KiB | Viewed 1292 times ]

Attachment:
web093.jpg
web093.jpg [ 96.16 KiB | Viewed 1292 times ]

I have never waited so long for a puzzle! I first sent Sian a PM about these way back on 26 Jan 2009. I told him I wanted 2! To be honest, I'm pretty sure I was a pain in the butt sending a pestering email every 3 or 4 months asking if they were ready yet. I know he is busy with school, but still wanted my bears. In summer I sent a reminder, and again round about October. January of this year saw no bears in the mail, and I sent another rather desperate email.

Well today, I got doubly lucky. Not only did those Tsukuda squares come in the day before (along with a few others I'll post photos of in a sec) but my bears arrived today! I am so pleased with them. I would recommend him as a builder to buy from! It may take a long time, but never did he offer something he didn't deliver on, and he was kind enough to answer all my messages and beg for more time, or let me know why he couldn't get around to them. Not only that, but the quality is right up there with some of the "better" builders. Well worth the money spent-and the time waiting. :lol:

Attachment:
web086.jpg
web086.jpg [ 130.95 KiB | Viewed 1292 times ]

Attachment:
web088.jpg
web088.jpg [ 119.14 KiB | Viewed 1292 times ]

Attachment:
web089.jpg
web089.jpg [ 112.3 KiB | Viewed 1292 times ]

Attachment:
web090.jpg
web090.jpg [ 112.68 KiB | Viewed 1292 times ]

Attachment:
web091.jpg
web091.jpg [ 111.84 KiB | Viewed 1292 times ]

Post subject: Re: Super rare wild bears!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:28 am 

Wow cool! How much do they cost? Coz the normal 1x2x3 costs 30$ on ebay or on shapeways ;)

My Website on Twisty Puzzles with Gears

Grégoire Pfennig

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:38 am 

Looking at your joining date, you weren't here when these were first shown. The search tab is your friend :wink:

But given that you just joined a month ago, I'll help you. Take a look at this thread

These aren't modifications from an ebay puzzle. They are hand made from start to finish. And worth every penny spent on them. All the more so since there are only 4 bears out there in the wild now (according to Sian) I have a very heavy weight on my shoulders knowing I have had the care of these two entrusted to me. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:20 am 

As Napoleon would say, "Lucky!" I wish he would have made more of these, i was always kind of hoping that he would have made he recycling bear. Oh well :)

Im With Frank!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:40 am 

You know what, I was really hoping some company would pick up this puzzle. To me, this has mass market appeal. It's cute, it's simple, kids would love it.

And you can be sure that if it does get made by a company I'll line up to buy one there too.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:00 pm 

Haha, Ozo bears was the name if I recall correctly! As I told you the other day Rox, these are some of the puzzles that got me started in collecting. Even though I didn't have nearly the fund to purchase these at the time, I was so intrigued by them that I started digging to become the established puzzle collector and fanatic that I am today. It is so wonderful to see pictures of these darlings come to life! I am thrilled to know that you got 2 of them. The long wait was completely worth it, as you have said, and I am just so tickled to see these become a physical reality. I can only hope that the other animals discussed at one point come to life as well. A penguin and an elephant are the ones I remember the most. I haven't looked at that thread since it was created, so I will have to go back and reread it for reminiscing purposes.

Last edited by funmonkey54 on Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:04 pm 

katsmom wrote:
You know what, I was really hoping some company would pick up this puzzle. To me, this has mass market appeal. It's cute, it's simple, kids would love it.

And you can be sure that if it does get made by a company I'll line up to buy one there too.

I'd buy one. :D I love this puzzle, it's one of my favourites. :D

Alex

YouTube Account: Cubiksrube113

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:42 pm 

Glad you like the puzzle Rox,

It true that there only four out in the general public.

Milan has the only pink resin puzzle with white stickers. (from eBay)
Rox has two - Panda and a Pink Bear.
Taylor has a blue Bear

I probably have 10 of these uncompleted. They just need final sanding and stickers. Hopefully when I get a break from school i'll get some of these up on the forums or eBay. (Design school is a bit intense course load wise, so I get home and just want to relax and sleep.)

I might be making another puzzle in the near future. I really liked all of the sketches, just not sure which one I would like to model. The elephant I think was my favorite, just worried how well the utters would cast. But this is a discussion for another thread.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:43 pm 

These really are beautiful puzzles, a true work of art. I only wonder if there are only four what happened to the 18 of them that were setting in the old forum post?