Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: The early 80's (Rubik's) Cubes and their offspring
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 7:57 am
Location: Στο Κάστρο του Αγίου Γεωργίου
As I have decided some time ago to specialize on the puzzles mentioned above, this is a good place to start.
(Thank you Sandy!)

As it is, I was able to get on this year's DCD one very early Magic Cube made by Politechnika and distributed by Trial.
Ton Dennenbroek wrote:
Rubik's Politechinca Hungary 1980 printed colors (purple side). Politechnika tried to print the colors instead of using stickers but the orange paint dissolved the black cube and turned purple. There are only a few of these.


Image

_________________
...................Image..................
http://cube.helm.lu - http://gallery.helm.lu


Last edited by Georges on Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The early 80's (Rubik's) Cubes and their offspring
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2004 7:03 am
Location: Koblenz, Germany
Yeah.
I found that pearl on a flea market in east germany
...
and used it for my second mod. Shame on me!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The early 80's (Rubik's) Cubes and their offspring
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:29 am
Location: UK
This seems to be the first post in the new "Puzzle Collecting" :)

_________________
Website


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The early 80's (Rubik's) Cubes and their offspring
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:43 pm
Location: right here
MarkSS wrote:
This seems to be the first post in the new "Puzzle Collecting" :)

That's an astounding observation.
:)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The early 80's (Rubik's) Cubes and their offspring
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:30 pm
Location: Texas, USA
I'm with you, I guess all of my other posts in this section just dissapeared.

On topic: nice find. Shame on you.

_________________
"I discovered the triangle one day while shaving. I trimmed my beard like the intersection of three circles and noticed how I could unfog a square in the bathroom mirror by rubbing my beard circularly against the glass."-Franz Reuleaux


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The early 80's (Rubik's) Cubes and their offspring
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:14 am
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Georges wrote:
As I have decided some time ago to specialize on the puzzles mentioned above, this is a good place to start.
(Thank you Sandy!)

As it is, I was able to get on this year's DCD one very early Magic Cube made by Politechnika and distributed by Trial.
Ton Dennenbroek wrote:
Rubik's Politechinca Hungary 1980 printed colors (purple side). Politechnika tried to print the colors instead of using stickers but the orange paint dissolved the black cube and turned purple. There are only a few of these.


Image



hey georges. i've just found this topic and i'm amazed to see how rare the cube in the picture is. because i have a mate who has this cube, without the box unfortunately and one white cubie a little scratched, but it's exactly the same. i recognized it by the purple colour. i knew it is old when she first showed it to me, i cleaned it and lubed it cause it was in a very bad state.

do you have any idea how much this one would cost? (without box and not in a 100% excellent shape) is it any worth? maybe i will take some pictures one day

_________________
http://www.speedcubing.ro/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The early 80's (Rubik's) Cubes and their offspring
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 7:57 am
Location: Στο Κάστρο του Αγίου Γεωργίου
I can only say that I would have paid at least 50 euros for it, if I would have been sure that it was the Politechnika painted one.
As I have a boxed one now, I am of course no longer interested, so my price indication is perhaps not so real.

_________________
...................Image..................
http://cube.helm.lu - http://gallery.helm.lu


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The early 80's (Rubik's) Cubes and their offspring
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:14 am
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Georges wrote:
I can only say that I would have paid at least 50 euros for it, if I would have been sure that it was the Politechnika painted one.
As I have a boxed one now, I am of course no longer interested, so my price indication is perhaps not so real.


ok. thanks for the quick answer. it is just an approx price. maybe i'll buy it for a bargain price just to add it to my collection.

btw, how much would then one in excellent condition with box go for? like the one in your picture? i guess somewhere around 200eur at least, right?

_________________
http://www.speedcubing.ro/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The early 80's (Rubik's) Cubes and their offspring
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 7:57 am
Location: Στο Κάστρο του Αγίου Γεωργίου
pablobaluba wrote:
Georges wrote:
I can only say that I would have paid at least 50 euros for it, if I would have been sure that it was the Politechnika painted one.
As I have a boxed one now, I am of course no longer interested, so my price indication is perhaps not so real.


ok. thanks for the quick answer. it is just an approx price. maybe i'll buy it for a bargain price just to add it to my collection.

btw, how much would then one in excellent condition with box go for? like the one in your picture? i guess somewhere around 200eur at least, right?


I got mine for less after I declined another higher offer.
As it is, I am unable to remember the price, but it was three digits beginning with '1' for sure.

_________________
...................Image..................
http://cube.helm.lu - http://gallery.helm.lu


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The early 80's (Rubik's) Cubes and their offspring
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:43 pm
Location: Germany
I want to thank Georges for all this helpfull informations about the Politechnika Cubes.

Maybe you do remember on my question Is this a Politechnika Rubiks Cube?

At present I am so happy to show you my second Politechnika Cube with the original Box (left+middle).
My second one (middle) look much better then the first one (right). :)

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Forum powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group