Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Puzzle Museum Moderator Team Needed
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:05 pm 

David has accepted other responsibilities, and while he may still has the willingness and rights to work on the puzzle museum, it would be unfair to rely on him to contribute to the museum in addition to moderating the forums. In his place, and in an attempt to address the lack of effectiveness in growing the museum, I would like to recruit a team of Museum Moderators. I'm thinking 3-5 people in addition to Roxanne and Sarah.

Each member of the team should be willing and able to do one or more of the following tasks on a regular basis:

• contribute useful puzzle information for new/existing puzzles by using the online forms
  • edit and prepare photographs with a moderate-to-high level of skill, then upload the completed versions using the moderation tools provided
  • recruit help from the community as required (i.e.: help with editing large batches of photographs, or help with photographing rare puzzles)
  • moderate user contributions to the museum (assess, delete or edit, gather and prepare images, publish), this includes clearing the current backlog of contributions (120+ entries)
  • scour the forum looking for old puzzles to add, then oversee from start-to-finish the entire task of adding each one (information, photographs, editing, publishing)
  • add new puzzles as they are released

Q: Can I be a Museum Moderator if I only want to contribute by editing the images?
A: Yes! (And some day, I'll even come up with a way of giving you the recognition your hard work deserves!)

If you would like to apply to become a member of this team, please e-mail a description of pertinent skills and other details to forum@<This_Site>.com.

Sandy

Post subject: Re: Puzzle Museum Moderator Team Needed
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:30 pm 

Sandy, you know my thoughts on this, but if you decide it is essential to edit the pictures in order to maintain the quality of this site than I support that decision. Unfortunately I cannot commit to take on the moderator role (given that I'm working in a full time job, plus setting up a new business and raising two kids), but I DO believe in leading by example.

Send me 10 pictures and I will edit them exactly as you require, if you tell me what you need. Hopefully this will help at least to clear the backlog, but I do expect others to follow this example - especially those who voted to insist that the background should be white, but who have so far failed to volunteer! Then each volunteer can post here to get some credit for their contribution.

And if we all do our bit to help clear the backlog then I expect you will get more volunteers to keep the database up to date on an ongoing basis...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:25 pm 

I would like to help on all counts, but I have next to no skills at photoshop. I can take pictures of the puzzles I have, though.

Would this sort of position be applicable?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:18 am 

I'm very interested in signing up for this position. I've been looking forward to making additions to the puzzle museum for a long, long time. I also take a great deal of pride in my picture editing skills. You want white backgrounds? Bring 'em on! I'll make them so white that a Tide With Bleach clean will look like the inside of a black hole, without so much as a single pixel missing from the puzzle itself. :D I can start on this at any time. Just say the word.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:03 am 

It's long-past the time to make some decisions on this topic. If you want to apply but haven't, do it right now. Send an e-mail it to forum@twistypuzzles.com.

Sandy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:02 am 

I'd love to help photography is my passion and I love editing photos I also use a canon t3i.