Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 793 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cubesmith Update
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:19 pm 

Hey guys, got the mirror bump cube stickers up...
We're having trouble uploading to the site, though, and it doesn't seem like everything's working right. I'm working on it, and will probably be working on it through the weekend, but please don't email us if something isn't working, it's temporary, and we are aware of the problem. Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:46 pm 

Hi cubegrrrl, thanks for the update on the bump cube/mirror blocks stickers. If I understand things correctly, each set has enough stickers for 3 sides, so to do a complete puzzle you need to order 2 sets. Is this correct?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:07 pm 

Volitar Prime wrote:
Hi cubegrrrl, thanks for the update on the bump cube/mirror blocks stickers. If I understand things correctly, each set has enough stickers for 3 sides, so to do a complete puzzle you need to order 2 sets. Is this correct?

That's correct...We figured most people would resticker it with one color, as it is sold, and it's just easier to sell singles anyway, than to try to make sets with 3 different patterns.

Also, T-shirts are now up. Right now, only black and royal blue are available, both with white lettering, but if you want a different color, email us and we'll see what we can do.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:39 pm 

Any progress on supercube stickers

Personal Bests -single(avg of 12)
3x3-22.21(27.09)
4x4-1:28.18(1:53.49)
5x5-3:23.99(3:55.61)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:33 am 

Bigandrewgold wrote:
Any progress on supercube stickers

Nope, not yet...Chris has been trying to figure out a better way to produce them, but nothing has worked out so far. It's kinda on the back burner right now, but we haven't forgotten that you guys want them. We'll update you if anything changes.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:41 am 

I've just taken all the tiles off my pyraminx crystal (using boiling water). So I was wondering if there will be any stickers available for this puzzle one day

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:20 pm 

Don't know if you guys saw this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=11849&p=140830#p140830

We have found this material, and as Hidetoshi said, it's quite expensive at almost twice as much for a roll as what we pay for a roll of fluorescent material, so we're not sure if we want to invest the money in 6 colors of it. What we want to know is whether you guys will be willing to buy sets for the price we'll have to sell them to make it worth our investment.
Tentatively, we have come up with a price of about $5 for a 3x3x3 set (with enough for 6 sides in 6 colors), and about $2 for a single (with enough for 2 sides in one color). You can do the math and figure estimates for the other puzzles, but these will be roughly the minimum prices. This is about twice as much as our most expensive set, so we're not sure if they'll even sell. Are you guys willing to pay a little extra for such a neat looking material, or is it one of those "It looks really neat, but not for that price" sorta things. Post in that thread and let us know. If there's enough positive response, we'll look into ordering it. Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:07 pm 

The stickers look nice, but I don't think I would ever use them on one of my puzzles. Pretty much, my answer is no, I would not like to buy these stickers.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:57 pm 

cubegrrrl wrote:
Noah wrote:
Are super cube stickers (particularly for the 4x4 and 5x5) likely to be made available, or are those no longer on the list?

Forgot all about those...I just asked Chris, he said he'll get back to working on those as soon as we're all caught up on tiles. Keep buggin us if you don't hear anything about it in a month or two, though. :)

it has been more than a month or 2, any updates or plans?

Personal Bests -single(avg of 12)
3x3-22.21(27.09)
4x4-1:28.18(1:53.49)
5x5-3:23.99(3:55.61)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:17 pm 

cubegrrrl wrote:
Don't know if you guys saw this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=11849&p=140830#p140830

We have found this material, and as Hidetoshi said, it's quite expensive at almost twice as much for a roll as what we pay for a roll of fluorescent material, so we're not sure if we want to invest the money in 6 colors of it. What we want to know is whether you guys will be willing to buy sets for the price we'll have to sell them to make it worth our investment.
Tentatively, we have come up with a price of about $5 for a 3x3x3 set (with enough for 6 sides in 6 colors), and about $2 for a single (with enough for 2 sides in one color). You can do the math and figure estimates for the other puzzles, but these will be roughly the minimum prices. This is about twice as much as our most expensive set, so we're not sure if they'll even sell. Are you guys willing to pay a little extra for such a neat looking material, or is it one of those "It looks really neat, but not for that price" sorta things. Post in that thread and let us know. If there's enough positive response, we'll look into ordering it. Thanks!

Maybe some uncut sheets would be a better idea instead of having them all cut for a 3x3x3 cube. If I were a custom puzzle maker I would use them to make the puzzle stand out.

Since I have your ear, I would love to see some textured tiles for the 6x6x6 & 7x7x7 V-Cubes.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:22 pm 

I would be interested in a set of 3x3 stickers (next time I happen to order, not if I don't need anything else) but not really anything more complex than that. At least not initially.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:33 pm 

I would definitely buy a set of these. :D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:47 pm 

Bigandrewgold wrote:
cubegrrrl wrote:
Noah wrote:
Are super cube stickers (particularly for the 4x4 and 5x5) likely to be made available, or are those no longer on the list?

Forgot all about those...I just asked Chris, he said he'll get back to working on those as soon as we're all caught up on tiles. Keep buggin us if you don't hear anything about it in a month or two, though. :)

it has been more than a month or 2, any updates or plans?

Still haven't found a good way to manufacture them. Honestly, I don't know when/if these will be available...There's a lot more things we're working on that will be a lot easier and less time consuming to get up on the site, so we've kind of put the supercubes on the back burner again. It's one of those things where we've kind of exhausted all our options, but keep our eyes and ears open for new ones. You'll know when we know if anything changes on that one.

LewAshby wrote:
cubegrrrl wrote:
Since I have your ear, I would love to see some textured tiles for the 6x6x6 & 7x7x7 V-Cubes.

As stated on the site, we have no definite plans for 6x6x6 and 7x7x7 tiles, but we are pricing dies and trying to fit it into our budget and schedule. Again, you'll know when we know as soon as something changes on that.

Forgot to add: If we do decide to offer the color-changing material, it'll be sold just like any other color, in sizes from keychain up to full sheets.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:10 pm 

I'm just trying to throw out an idea here...i'm not sure if you guys were trying to cut multi-colored stickers or something, but this seems like it'd be the easiest way to offer super stickers:

Just cut a template like that for all the faces. That way you're guaranteed you won't have any strips thicker than others and with the stickers being cut by a machine, the angles will be perfect and they'll fit together nicely. Of course, this is just an idea and i wouldn't be surprised if you've looked into this. I just happen to think that making my own super stickers would be a recipe for disaster, so i'd rather buy a set than try to make them :lol:

-CC10

EDIT: woops, forgot to flip half of the funky looking angled stickers. Oh well, it's just for the idea.

Best solve: 28.84s

SSCoasters.net - the biggest K'Nex roller coaster website on the planet
KnexForum.com - the best forum for everything else K'Nex

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:17 pm 

I've made my super cube stickers that way except that I made the stripes thinner at 2mm. I started with Cubesmith stickers and then trimmed them using a sharp X-Acto knife and metal straight edge. An alternative for people who really want to have them printed you can buy Eastsheen super cube stickers, but then you would have to deal with the funky Eastsheen colors.

now back to the multi-colored stickers: I would purchase 4 sets right off the bat, one for each of the Rubik's brand cubes, 2x2x2 through 5x5x5. I may consider doing some other puzzles with them in the future if I like them enough (which I expect to).

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:53 pm 

I'd buy a set of the fluorescent material 3x3 stickers! It'd be pretty cool.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:08 pm 

coastercrazy10 wrote:
this seems like it'd be the easiest way to offer super stickers:

The problem with this is that once people receive the stickers, they'd have to apply them perfectly for it to look right. We have a hard enough time with people not knowing how to apply the Ruben King stickers, so I think the pattern you suggested would just be too complicated. The way we produced them before, all the colors were printed on one sticker, so you just had to apply them like a standard sticker set. I'm not sure how Chris made them the first time (since it was before I worked here), but I know that we have tried 3 different methods to make them and none have worked very well. We can't screenprint them because it's too many colors to line them all up right. We'd need a machine that could print it all at once, which we don't yet have, but have looked into. (Before anyone asks, we also tried just using a color printer, but our vinyl is not printable through a printer, and we'd have to print it on paper and laminate it which would be equivalent in quality to the original cube stickers). The problem we have is that we're a small company, and equipment is expensive, so we can only expand a little at a time (and we recently had to buy a whole new vinyl plotter). Supercube stickers are still on our to-do list, but are definitely not a high priority right now since we've already put so much time and money on trying to get them to work with no success.

On a more optimistic note, we do have sudoku sticker sets printed. Just need to cut some out and get them on the site. So look for those to be available soon. Also available soon will be a new light blue chrome color. I'll get them up as soon as I have the time (I'm still trying to catch up on the rush of Christmas orders and the many bulk orders that came through in the last few weeks.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:40 pm 

Alright, and that's true about sticker application. I'd think that most people could follow a simple face-by-face diagram, but then again there are things i take for granted that my mom or brother can't do that seem simple, so i can understand how there would be some confusion even then. Good luck with the super stickers and everything else you've got waiting in the wings.

-CC10

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:42 pm 

I don't think the problem is with people getting the pattern right but instead with people getting them lined up to each other correctly. Some people have a hard time getting one sticker to sit right on a cubie surface without it being on crooked or having bubbles under it. For this they would have to apply up to 5 on a single cubie surface. Some of the stickers will very small (like the centers of a 5x5x5) and getting them lined up with each other without them overlapping will not be easy. I’ve developed a technique for myself which I’ve been using for a couple of years by doing cubes like this, tartan cubes, ultimate cubes, etc and I’m far from perfect. Someone who isn’t experienced with applying stickers will just be wasting their time and money.

Cubegrrrl, do you have an estimate on when you will deside if you are getting these multi-color stickers? Hopefully while Amazon still has their incredible sale going on so that it will be cheaper for everyone to purchase new cubes to apply these to. At only $5 for a 3x3x3 and $9 for a 5x5x5 (and even the $10 4x4x4 is a good price) people should be able to using the savings to pay the extra cost of these stickers.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:11 pm 

Volitar Prime wrote:
I don't think the problem is with people getting the pattern right but instead with people getting them lined up to each other correctly. Some people have a hard time getting one sticker to sit right on a cubie surface without it being on crooked or having bubbles under it. For this they would have to apply up to 5 on a single cubie surface. Some of the stickers will very small (like the centers of a 5x5x5) and getting them lined up with each other without them overlapping will not be easy. I’ve developed a technique for myself which I’ve been using for a couple of years by doing cubes like this, tartan cubes, ultimate cubes, etc and I’m far from perfect. Someone who isn’t experienced with applying stickers will just be wasting their time and money.

Cubegrrrl, do you have an estimate on when you will deside if you are getting these multi-color stickers? Hopefully while Amazon still has their incredible sale going on so that it will be cheaper for everyone to purchase new cubes to apply these to. At only $5 for a 3x3x3 and $9 for a 5x5x5 (and even the $10 4x4x4 is a good price) people should be able to using the savings to pay the extra cost of these stickers.

You actually said it much better than I did...Rereading what I explained, it sounds like I was saying people can't figure it out. I was more trying to say, as you did that it'll be difficult to apply all of those sticker and still have them line up well and look good. And, like you said, most of you who resticker cubes regularly would have no problem, but I think a lot of people would think it looks cool on a cube, then when they receive a sheet of stickers that looks like the sample above, it'd be very confusing to know where to start, and it'll never look perfect- especially to the one who applied the stickers and knows every imperfection. All the same, I'll run the idea by Chris tomorrow, since I'd hate for all of that theoretical artwork coastercrazy did to have been in vain :)

As for the multi-color stickers, I'll talk to Chris about that tomorrow, too. We need to place a vinyl order this week, so if we're going to do it, it'll probably be this week. If not, we'll at least have an idea of when/if we will do it. I'll let you guys know.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:50 am 

cubegrrrl wrote:
LewAshby wrote:

As stated on the site, we have no definite plans for 6x6x6 and 7x7x7 tiles, but we are pricing dies and trying to fit it into our budget and schedule. Again, you'll know when we know as soon as something changes on that.

I needed replacement stickers for my 4x4x4 and I ended up getting a set of tiles for it. Now I wish all my puzzles had them :shock: Anyways, I seen that there were no plans on the site but I thought I would just let you know that there is interest out there for the tiles.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:41 am 

LewAshby wrote:
Anyways, I seen that there were no plans on the site but I thought I would just let you know that there is interest out there for the tiles.

Yes, there's definitely interest, I would like tiles, too :D Especially since the casting marks on the v-cubes show through and ruin the look a bit. Tiles would cover that up nicely. I'm sure you guys will offer them as soon as you can, so I'll try to stay patient.

Also, any news on super square-1 stickers yet?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:07 am 

cubegrrrl wrote:
You actually said it much better than I did...Rereading what I explained, it sounds like I was saying people can't figure it out. I was more trying to say, as you did that it'll be difficult to apply all of those sticker and still have them line up well and look good. And, like you said, most of you who resticker cubes regularly would have no problem, but I think a lot of people would think it looks cool on a cube, then when they receive a sheet of stickers that looks like the sample above, it'd be very confusing to know where to start, and it'll never look perfect- especially to the one who applied the stickers and knows every imperfection. All the same, I'll run the idea by Chris tomorrow, since I'd hate for all of that theoretical artwork coastercrazy did to have been in vain :)

You'd have to have a warning to the effect that it'd be hard to apply, don't come running to us if you fail, you might want to order a regular set of stickers just in case you don't like the result, no warranty.

Okay, so that'd scare many people off, but that's pretty much the intention. What sort of costing would sheets like this come out at? Presumably slightly more than equivalently sized pieces of cut vinyl usually do, because of the extra wear and tear on the vinyl cutter(s). How good are your vinyl cutters at doing the sharp (or very sharp, even) corners? Presumably they work with a round knife or something of the sort, so you can't cut stickers fully adjacent to each other (as in, simply cut a regular sticker into bits, without space in between).

I have a feeling a more standard sticker pattern would -- at the least -- help people to understand better what they're getting. I've no idea if it'd be more efficient, though. You could also, optionally, sell patterns with just the center stickers moved around. Just as Super, although not as pretty.

Say.. the tiles are Lexan with a coloured backing. Couldn't you place an inkjet or similarly printed sheet under your tiles and not have an issue with wear?
Attachment:
File comment: Just a rough cut, pardon the pun.
Supercube-pattern.gif
Supercube-pattern.gif [ 9.03 KiB | Viewed 7369 times ]

[edited to add the picture with dimensions to the supercube pattern -- numbers are in mm and red spots mark the outer corners of the finished sticker, so radiused corners]
Attachment:
File comment: Numbers are dimensions in mm, red spots mark outer corners with radiused edges, the rest needs to be sharp corners.
Supercube-pattern-annotated.gif
Supercube-pattern-annotated.gif [ 6.02 KiB | Viewed 5424 times ]

[edited to add the detail of corner radiusing]
Attachment:
File comment: Detail of corner radius when a diagonal cuts through it.
Supercube-pattern-corner-radius.gif
Supercube-pattern-corner-radius.gif [ 4.33 KiB | Viewed 5424 times ]

Last edited by JasperJ on Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:04 am, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:32 am 

I like the idea, JasperJ! It might be rather difficult to weed, though, given all the small stickers and sharp corners. Perhaps the stickers could be sold "unweeded"?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:06 pm 

JasperJ wrote:
Say.. the tiles are Lexan with a coloured backing. Couldn't you place an inkjet or similarly printed sheet under your tiles and not have an issue with wear?

If I'm understanding what your asking, it is why don't we put clear lexan over printed material?
If that's what you mean, then the reason we can't do that is that the adhesive, when applied to a piece of clear lexan has and shows many flaws. The surface ends up with bubbles and you can see the adhesive layer through the lexan, so it ends up looking really foggy. Believe me when I tell you guys that we've exhausted all possible (reasonable) options. We appreciate all your suggestions, but for the supercube stickers, they really need to just have all the colors printed on a white sticker in order to look good and be simple to apply.

In other, non-supercube news, we are working on something new right now (which you'll all see soon), so our to-do list is on hold for a bit, but Super Square-1 stickers will be our next sticker set (I think), along with the x-cut stickers.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:21 pm 

Just had a thought about the super cube stickers, at least for 4x4 and 5x5...

Could you just make a template for ES/Rubiks/VCubes? Like, you have a hard plastic sheet that you cut with a dye that you place on a face, tape it down, and apply stickers along the edges of the template. And with it "personalized" for V-Cubes, ES and Rubik's, you can ensure that the stickers are centered on the cubies for each type of cube. This way you can lay out the stickers, see if you messed anything up, and the pattern won't go away if you accidentally bumped the puzzle. Just a thought, of course.

-CC10

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:43 pm 

cubegrrrl wrote:
In other, non-supercube news, we are working on something new right now (which you'll all see soon), so our to-do list is on hold for a bit, but Super Square-1 stickers will be our next sticker set (I think), along with the x-cut stickers.

Hooray!

One thing I was thinking about for the x-cut sets was that I would like to do a 12-color cube, with each edge one color - this would require half a sheet of each color. So what I want to know is, are the x-cut sets going to be sold in sheets of one or two faces?

(Also, if you aligned the stickers diagonally on the sheet you could arrange two sides' worth in a square - which would make it easy to cut into halves or quarters - although I expect that you've already got it set up for the "regular" way.)

(Edit: Also, with the proposed supercube pattern, if the edge stickers were a tad thicker, then it might work to make tiles in that shape, although I know it's not exactly a priority.)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:49 pm 

Just wanted to let you guys know that the shade shifting material has been ordered and will be available on the site in a few weeks.

We are still discussing what to do about the supercubes...It sounds like you guys would rather have a lower quality super cube sticker set than none at all, so we're reevaluating our options. We'll let you know if we come up with anything that works.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:53 pm 

cubegrrrl wrote:
Just wanted to let you guys know that the shade shifting material has been ordered and will be available on the site in a few weeks.

We are still discussing what to do about the supercubes...It sounds like you guys would rather have a lower quality super cube sticker set than none at all, so we're reevaluating our options. We'll let you know if we come up with anything that works.

Shade shifting? Awesome! Are you talking about the stuff Hidetoshi used on his Shade Cube in the New Puzzles section?

Ok, nevermind, just read your post in his thread. I look forward to getting some of this stuff. Glad I have that extra Rubik's 5x5 now. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:46 pm 

cubegrrrl wrote:

In the event that you do come up with something, will you be able to make these stickers for more puzzles than just 4x4/5x5? I'd purchase an extra V-Cube 6 and 7 if I could make them into supercubes, and of course there's the Megaminx...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:31 am 

Jared wrote:
cubegrrrl wrote:

In the event that you do come up with something, will you be able to make these stickers for more puzzles than just 4x4/5x5? I'd purchase an extra V-Cube 6 and 7 if I could make them into supercubes, and of course there's the Megaminx...

I'd love to turn my 7x7 into a supercube, but I don't know how many other people would try to re-sticker a 7x7.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:28 am 

Hey guys, the site now states that they are considering tiles for the 6x6x6 and 7x7x7 cubes. I hope they do, I would be willing to pay considerably more for the tile set, and more for each color/side. I really hope this happens.

Thanks Chris & Cubegrrrl

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:12 pm 

Has anyone tried their tile material on a 7x7x7? It would be a shame if they spent all the time and money getting a die made only to find out that the tiles don't stick well to the curved surfaces.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:14 pm 

Volitar Prime wrote:
Has anyone tried their tile material on a 7x7x7? It would be a shame if they spent all the time and money getting a die made only to find out that the tiles don't stick well to the curved surfaces.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuTExT1T8qw

:)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:54 pm 

I'd buy a set for the V-Cubes 6x6 & 7x7 the moment they are released 8-)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:36 pm 

No matter what I would also get them the second that they came out. But as an estimate for price what would you think? $8? Oh and have you done anything with the 2x2 cubesmith sticker/tile logos?
LOVE YOUR STICKERS!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :scrambled: :solved:

4x4x4 PB: 2:04.95
5x5x5 PB 4:25.80
My other ones are to slow for me to care about right now...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:54 am 

Volitar Prime wrote:

Now, I haven't busted out any scientific tools to confirm such, but after looking closely, it seems almost 100% flat. I know I can't really describe how close to flat it is, but I'm guessing 99.999% flat.

Also, for those who think, that the faces of each cubie being 0.001% rounded would make the sticker easily pop up, check this...

I have now applied 1,716 cubesmith tiles of all sizes in all colors to all types of cubes, Eastsheen (All sizes, Both white and black, even the mini 2x2), Rubik's (All Sizes), the V5, all types of 3x3x3 from store bought, to rubiks DIY to chinese DIY. I am a Cubesmith Tile Blackbelt, A Cubesmith Tile Master, A Cubesmith Tile Marathoner. I know what it's like to sit through tiling a 5x5 and clutter your entire area with 3M sticker/tile backings.

WIth that said, I think I am an authority on how tiles are applied to cubes.

I once read long ago about another wise Tile Master's technique for applying tiles to the surface. Apply a little bit of pressure on two opposing edges of each tile before removing the backing, to make a slight permanent arch in the tile. Remove the 3M backing. Then, when placing the tile, it is easy to maneuver the tile to get the perfect placement as only the opposing edges are making contact with the cubie surface. Once in place, press firmly on the arch or more so the entire tile, and hold. Now your sticker is in place and will hold strong.

Now, The reason I mention this is because I think bending the tile before application actually kinda reshapes the tile. I know cuz I've had a few pop up on me if I didn't apply pressure for at least 3 or 4 seconds immediately after putting the tile on. Therefor, having a cubie surface which had some curvature, might actually be the best to apply such tiles with my technique. I say this because of the 1,716 tiles I've applied, I have always seen that the stickyness (can't think of a better word) of the tile is stronger than any shape or form the plastic tile must adhere to.

I will put up a youtube video if you guys aren't catching my drift here, but you have to be one super UN-CRAFTY person to NOT be able to apply tiles to a 7x7x7's cubie surfaces due to "it's rounded".

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:55 pm 

I think cubesmith updated their "stickers" section.

Would it be possible for Cubesmith to do these in 6 different colors and sell them as a set like that?
http://cubesmith.com/5x5x5Shepherd's.htm

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:34 am 

Shua wrote:

Would it be possible for Cubesmith to do these in 6 different colors and sell them as a set like that?

Technically possible, probably, but they don't have six colours of them currently. And colours plus arrows is just a supercube, solve-wise. Which means it's boring, and not a Shepherd's pattern any more.

Dealextreme sells such a cube, though. See also my list of DX twisty puzzles. Now updated with the latest new keychain-size 3x3x3.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:58 am 

JasperJ wrote:
Shua wrote:

Technically possible, probably, but they don't have six colours of them currently. And colours plus arrows is just a supercube, solve-wise. Which means it's boring, and not a Shepherd's pattern any more.

Dealextreme sells such a cube, though. See also my list of DX twisty puzzles. Now updated with the latest new keychain-size 3x3x3.

Do they have this pattern for the 5x5x5?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:02 pm 

Never seen that one anywhere, no.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:02 am 

Here is a small suggestion I would like to make - if you were to offer an option to purchase circular stickers in sets of three sides, instead of two, then it would be enough to make a cube spotted like a die.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:00 pm 

Jared wrote:
Here is a small suggestion I would like to make - if you were to offer an option to purchase circular stickers in sets of three sides, instead of two, then it would be enough to make a cube spotted like a die.

Thats a great idea! It would totaly work, & it would look amazing with a white cube with black stickers.

Also, does anyone know when the shade-shifting stickers are comming out? I feel like they're just teasing me with the "comming soon".

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:32 pm 

On the other hand, you can always buy two double sheets and have -- gasp -- a single sheet worth, what, two or three quarters, left over.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:48 pm 

If you're ever planning to make supercube stickers, could you please stick to one color for the edge and corner stickers? It's completely unnecessary for those to have two/three colors - it's not in Pochmann's original design, it makes the cubes illegal for use in competition (because you can see more than you're supposed to be able to just from looking at one side), and it's more work for you (if you print multicolored stickers) or us (if we have to apply lots of single-colored stickers).

As for a 7x7 supercube, I was planning to make one by buying a set of 5x5 supercube stickers, which do include edges and corners, and then cutting them down so they fit the 7x7's centers. The problem is that I need Eastsheen colors for the edges and corners, so that they match up with the centers. Would it be possible for Cubesmith to sell an ES-colored set of stickers? They don't have to be perfect, I just want the closest colors to the ES colors that you have.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:04 pm 

qqwref wrote:
If you're ever planning to make supercube stickers, could you please stick to one color for the edge and corner stickers? It's completely unnecessary for those to have two/three colors - it's not in Pochmann's original design, it makes the cubes illegal for use in competition (because you can see more than you're supposed to be able to just from looking at one side), and it's more work for you (if you print multicolored stickers) or us (if we have to apply lots of single-colored stickers).

I rather like the ES design myself. There's no reason they couldn't offer both types of outside edges.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:11 am 

Jared wrote:
qqwref wrote:

I rather like the ES design myself. There's no reason they couldn't offer both types of outside edges.

Cubesmith's having enough trouble producing one type from what I can tell. Of course if they could produce both types that would be the best option, but if they can only do one I would much prefer that it be the type with normal edges.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:45 am 

I would suggest that they make the set with the pattern applied to all the stickers. This can easily satisfy people who want it either way. For those who only want it applied to the middle pieces and not the edges/corners, then just don't use those stickers. Use standard color stickers for instead.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:09 pm 

Shua wrote:
Also, does anyone know when the shade-shifting stickers are comming out? I feel like they're just teasing me with the "comming soon".

We ordered it... It arrived, and one of the rolls was messed up and had to be returned for a new one. We don't want to put it up until we have all the colors, so we're waiting for the replacement roll. We're hoping to have it up by the end of this week, if not, next week.
Shua wrote:

We have added to our to-do list 2 more shepherd's sets, and will get to them eventually. What colors do you guys want that will go well with the 4 we already offer?
Jared wrote:

Unfortunately, this one probably won't happen, Jasper has the answer as to why:
JasperJ wrote:
On the other hand, you can always buy two double sheets and have -- gasp -- a single sheet worth, what, two or three quarters, left over.

While we try to make available most things you guys request, basically, we don't want to add things to the site to accommodate an uncommon sticker mod, especially when it can be made with stickers already available on the site, with little extra. It just keeps things easier on our end.

I think that answers everyone's questions. As for supercubes, I'll run all your thoughts and suggestions by Chris, but as we've said before, they probably won't be available any time soon.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:42 pm 

cubegrrrl wrote:
Shua wrote:

We ordered it... It arrived, and one of the rolls was messed up and had to be returned for a new one. We don't want to put it up until we have all the colors, so we're waiting for the replacement roll. We're hoping to have it up by the end of this week, if not, next week.

Awesome! You made my day!

Shua wrote:

We have added to our to-do list 2 more shepherd's sets, and will get to them eventually. What colors do you guys want that will go well with the 4 we already offer?

I would like to see the boywgr colors sold as a set.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 793 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 16  Next